CL: Juventus - Real Madrid (71 Viewers)

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I have been really busy lately, and hardly slept last week, so it was quite an effort to stay awake and watch the match.
And I wasn't disappointed.
In fact, it was magic, simple a magic.
This is undoubtedly the best Juve performance since that famous Milan thrashing in San Siro, and how I would love to see that repeated once again.
The fans, players, directors, coaches, were all magnificient. Football wasn't too bad either.

Juve won this match, becase we were simply the better team. We showed more individual skills on the night, as well as more desire, tenacity, which, ususally, is pretty deadly mixture.
And so it was. From the start we were superior team. Davids made some crunching tackles, which set the tone for the match. I saw Trezegoal actually hunting down the defenders in early minutes, which he continued to do entire match. Just ask Figo. Alex played best match since his return from injury early this year, and delighted fan on every occasion. So much for his critics. And Nedved was his usally self; sweat, tear, and blood.
Third goal was class personifited. Zambrotta's touch and delicate pass, was one which Zizou himself would have been proud of and to follow that with equally brilliant outside-foot finish into the corner of the goal, well, I was counting for a breath!:D.
Talking about Zambrotta, I would like to give a nickname to him; Anti-Carlos, Carlos Sniper, Carlos-where are you? would do nicely. Over the two legs, not only he nullified outstanding Brazilian but it is fair to say he outclassed him. Zambrotta showed more skill in last two weeks then he showed his entire career. It also seems he got his pace back which he kind of lost in last year or so. I think, the competition with Camoranesi did him good, and what a good time to pick up the form, when the talented Argentine winger looks to have lost a bit of form. Also, lets not forget who well Birindelli played. Although he struggled against Figo in the first leg, Biri paid him back with interest. In the era of low interest rate and deflation, I guess Figo would be more than glad.;). And let's not forget Real got more than a big interest on Del Piero's performance. His second goal was simply wonderful way to pay back Madrid's generous defence. Hierro seems loan-shark waiting to happen. Only too bad, Del Piero was good enough to pay him back.:cool:.

I would also like to raise the issue of who being the best goalkeeper in the world, seems rigth now, it is awfully good time to talk about it. While Buffon saved a penalty, and Guti's shot, Casillas made a mess out of Tach's header, and did a la "Toldo" on Trez's first goal. Oh yeah, not to mentioned, his weak handling ability was terribly exposed on the night. There is falacy with Casillas. People say he is unbeatable apart from his command in the air, well, I would say, his handling is not far behind either!.
Of course, it does help when you have Thuram, Ferrara, Tudor, Biri, Montero, Iluliano to protect you, instead of Helguera, Salgado, and Hierro.

Lippi had a tremendous game as well. His tactics to give Zambrotta an advanced role, as well as encouraging playing Nedved to attack left right hand proved to be masterpiece.

We are still couple of piece short of being a dynasty, but I think it is very close to being one.:cool:

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
Sorry for the late reply DPA. I was reading the match reports from all sorts of sports website :D

Here you go: This one has width 75 pixel. I dunno if the forum allows this dimension though..

cynical

Mar 7, 2003
one more thing..........i totally agree with denco, the crowd tremendous role this time......when was the last time the stadium was this full? anyway these fans are real treasure: 10/10 for them

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
well done juve

great match with great spirit and performance

we love u guys :)

we couldn't ask for more

my players ratings :

Buffon : 7.5 dealt with crosses and saved a penalty what more can he do :)

thuram :8 he keeps impressing me with his performance day after day.

birindelli : 6.5 good in covering and managed to stop figo most of the time .

tudor : 6.5 he is a defender no doubt look at his tackles and u will find out zidane goal was his mistake.

montero :7 the leader roofle in juve's defence at this match and he did well .

zambrotta : 8 WHY IS THIS GUY IS SO UNDERRATTED HE WAS THE BEST IN BOTH GAMES AGAINEST REAL (i hate it when some one asks for camo to fill his place ) wonder assist , erased r.carlos played at the left did everythin possible to real attackers and defenders steals, dribbls , shots he is aowsome

tach :7 great job with lots of running and he was there when he was needed .

Davids : 8 we really missed u edgar last game .

nedved: 7.5 u wanted this win , u fought , u scored ,u r our precious ur friends will win it for u ( don't cry i couldn't hold my tears when i saw u crying )

Del piero : 8 classy, clever , tactical , u made the diference

Trez : scored in both games , ur season wasn't the best but if juve won the final everybody must know that u were big element of this win

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
i can bet that ferrara will replace nedved next game and the formation will be :
buffon
thuram - ferrara -montero - biridelli
zambrotta - tudor - tach - davids
trezeguet - del piero
i know how lippi thinks

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I'm glad Raul, Figo, Zidane and Ronaldo took part in the match, otherwise there'd be excuses flying around everywhere. Lucky for us, their most influential non-famous player was injured.

the phoenix

Aug 8, 2002
Absolutely fabulous!!

What more can I say, I have been so proud to support this amazing team. To support and follow a team that plays so well together (exceptional teamwork comes to mind) is something that I just sit back and enjoy and let it do the talking. Of all games I have seen on TV, never have I seen at full capacity. I'm so glad I taped the game. Just watching DP play with passion and heart put a smile on my face. I was excited to see Tudor in the centre of defense (where he should be) and I hope Lippi will continue to keep him there for the finals. Zambrotta, wow this guy is like an amazing soldier, tell him what to do and he can go beyond your expectations!! Carlos who?!! Thats right!! Overall this shows that a TEAM beats a collection of starplayers.

Looking forward to next game, I feel se bad for Nedved. He gives his heart and soul and he now has to watch the next game.

What do you thing Lippi would do for the finals against AC Milan?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -S- ] ++
Something you don't normally see on AS frontpage :D
Ah, this picture looks lovely and I think it would be a bit easier to use as an avatar. Would you mind cutting this one down to 64x64 pixel size for me, Sarah? (If you could remove the writing it would be appreciated as well).

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
FORZA JUVE!!!!!!

Oh my goodness, my heart was racing the whole time :) I woke up really early to watch the game, but it was delayed so my brother knew the scoreline. Little punk told me that we lost :fero: No matter, I'm too happy :extatic: My heart bleeds for Neddy though. We wouldn't have got anywhere near this far without him, and it feels so wrong not to have him for Manchester.

Il campioni d'universo siamo noi!

(forgive me if this is bad grammar)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by JuveBoy ] ++
Now since Neddy can not play the final, I think it is the time to let him be operated on his knee. We don't need him for this season but offcourse he will be needed for next season.
Forza Juve, Forza Neddy
No, I think Neddy's so dedicated to the team that he'll insist on playing the next 180 minutes even if he breaks his leg! I bet he'll score too!

++ [ originally posted by hoshi ] ++
FORZA JUVE!!!!!!

I woke up really early to watch the game, but it was delayed so my brother knew the scoreline. Little punk told me that we lost :fero:
Hey hoshi, that's pretty funny what ur bro did. I live in Australia too (Sydney), and waking up at 4:30 was worth it just as much as waking up for the Barca 2nd leg (which I admit was more tense). Who needs sleep when you've got the energy that comes after your team has just beaten the Madrid Globetrotters to reach the CL final!? I woke the whole family up when DP scored, and when they went back to sleep, we scored again and I shouted so loud! And it happened after Nedved's goal too haha.

My girlfriend always gets annoyed when i talk so much about football and Juve, but I think she became a fan today :D.

Haha btw dpforever, one of your pics looks like Trez just punched Tacchi in the face.

Flawless performance by everyone except poor Neddy's moment of madness. He really deserves to play in the final. After all this, though, it would be such a tragedy if somehow we don't win the final. The world knows we deserve it, and Neddy may not have another chance at such success, so we HAVE TO win the double this season for him. We need to show Old Trafford that their victories against us were just flukes. We have to show them who's the best in the world. JUVEEEEEEE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)