CL: Juventus - Real Madrid (99 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Here are my player ratings:

Buffon - Magnificent performance from Gigi. Showed safe hands on every cross but one, did well to deny Guti in the first half, and of course that fundamental penalty stop. 8/10.

Thuram - Lilian was once again outstanding. Great going forward and solid as a rock at the back. 7.5/10.

Tudor - A solid game from Igor. Strong in the air and always quick to clear his lines. Good to see the big Croatian back in central defence. 6.5/10.

Montero - Paolo was good for the most part but was guilty of giving away the penalty. It's a good thing that Buffon was able to save. 6.5/10.

Birindelli - A job well done by Biri. I thought he kept Figo exceptionally quiet. 6.5/10.

Zambrotta - Game after game this guy proves that he can play well wherever you put him. Left back, right wing, left wing. You name it. Zambro was excellent. 7.5/10.

Tacchinardi - Quiet but effective. This has been a great season for alot of Juve players, and Tacchinardi is one of those. 7/10.

Davids - Some of you people here like to criticize Edgar, and I must admit that I do too, but there was nothing to criticize him about today. His grit, determination, tenacity and five lungs helped us to control the midfield for periods of time. 7.5/10.

Nedved - Player of the season IMO. Neddy worked as hard as usual, played a crucial part in the first goal, and scored a splendid one himself. 7.5/10.

Del Piero - Alex was certainly below par in the Barca games and the first leg of this clash, but I don't think that anyone can say that he didn't play well today. Big games are made for big players, and DP rose to the occasion with an assist, a wonderful goal and some useful tracking back. Thank you, il capitano. 7.5/10.

Trezeguet - A good run from Trez tonight. The service to him wasn't spectacular, but a well taken goal and a few good touches were all we needed from David on this occasion. 6.5/10.

[EDIT] I changed Zambro's rating from 7 to 7.5.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
no problem:)

THanks for the ratings DPA...

Ratings of real madrid's players from www.football365.fr

Real Madrid
Casillas : 4
Salgado : 4
Helguera : 5
Hierro (cap) : 4
Roberto Carlos : 4
Flavio Conçeiçao : 3
(Ronaldo, 52)
Cambiasso : 4,5
(MacManaman, 76)
Guti : 4,5
Zidane : 5,5
Figo : 4
Raul : 5

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
Forgot to copy the Juventus part :blush:

Juventus
Buffon : 8
Thuram : 7
Montero : 6
Tudor : 6
Birindelli : 6
(Pessotto, 60eme)
Tacchinardi : 6
Davids : 6
(Conte, 89eme)
Zambrotta : 6
Nedved : 6,5
Del Piero (cap) : 7
Trezeguet : 6
(Camoranesi, 77eme)

from www.football365.fr

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -S- ] ++
Forgot to copy the Juventus part :blush:

Juventus
Buffon : 8
Thuram : 7
Montero : 6
Tudor : 6
Birindelli : 6
(Pessotto, 60eme)
Tacchinardi : 6
Davids : 6
(Conte, 89eme)
Zambrotta : 6
Nedved : 6,5
Del Piero (cap) : 7
Trezeguet : 6
(Camoranesi, 77eme)

from www.football365.fr
I'm surprised that Davids, Zambrotta and Nedved got such low ratings. Not that 6 is really low, but they played really well.

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
Hi Guys!!!

O GOD!!!
I have just cooled down lol!!!
Damn, I was so nervous about this game...

I don't know what 2 say, I'm so, so HAPPY!!!

but still I can't help thinking about NEDVED!!!

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Absolutely maginificent performance by every one of them and I am very proud of our boys today

They went at them, luckily for us Makele was not there and Flavio was with Cambiasso, Ronaldo and Raul were not match fit but hey , you beat whats in front of you and we did that very well today

I have just realised something I had taken for granted, maybe our poor performances have had something to do with how sparse the stadium always is with no atmosphere and as we all saw the crowd played a huge part in helping us today

Buffon absollutely superb and proved once again what a gr8 keeper he really is but i bet ppl will say the saves were easy and the pen was weak

Thuram another towering performance from a collusus

Birindelli is actually getting better with age and did a good job be4 going off injured

Montero put in a decent performance and his recent performances have been encouraging

Tudor played very well and did not let anyone down

Zambrotta well I am sure Roberto Carlos is sick of his sight as he has totally dominated Carlos and he has totally earned my respect as he has been perhaps Juve most efffective player since the turn of the year

Davids world class enuff said

Tacchinardi another one who has not put a foot wrong all season

Nedved played superbly took his goal well, non stop running but will be kicking himself for a silly act

Trez was alright perhaps the least productive but took his goal well and helped in defence

Dp well i have criticised his recent performances and he has put in an absolutely truly gr8 performance today as he defended, held up play very well, movement off the ball exceptional and perhaps we lose sight of the amount of sacrifice he does give to the team allied to his undoubted talent

Camoranesi did very well when he came on and held the ball very well
Lippi well the old fox got is absolutely spot on, is he a legend or what?

I just Sheva only scores against us in the league

Personally I do not want Dv to start in the final as though he scored a good goal against Perugia , he missed about 3 more and when you need a goal, Trez is far more reliable and id rather Camo on the right with Zambo on the left with Dp and Trez as strikers

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
Forza Juventus!!!!!

an exceptional performance from all of our players!!!!

they all had an amazing game!!!!

we will now face milan!! but what a shame we will be with out our Nedved!!!!! :(

James

Sep 27, 2002
I've criticised juve for some of their performances in the
champions league and to be honest, never thought we'd
reach the final after we struggled through the second phase
of the tournament, but we were just incredible tonight.
Every player was outstanding, but Thuram, Davids, Del Piero
and Nedved were out of this world.

We absolutely destroyed Real tonight and I was so proud
of everyone, it just shows how irresistable juve can be when
we're on top of our game.

A terrible, terrible shame for pavel but we've got to win it
for him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 99)