CL: Juventus - Real Madrid (68 Viewers)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Mate , well not for the firat time I do not share your view, to say he plays well when there is a good midfield is trivialising the issue
for the Nt you have players who just boot the ball forward for Vieri or pass the ball to Totti who looks for the runner

Have u ever seen Vieri and Recoba combine well, no because Recoba unlike Totti does not come too deep and play the long ball

His good play does not depend on Nedved, it depends on his mood and he is a better player than you portray him to be
Well this is your personal opinion, I keep mine, of course. Especially I really do not schare this "mood" thing... I will never think that a player do not have the "mood" in a match vs Real or in a WC. Or well maybe it is 4 players like Recoba but not like Del Piero, Nedved or any Juve player... cause their strongest point is IMO their mind and their concentration.

About Vieri... of course he combine better with Totti than with Recoba cause Recoba make maybe a genial play but sleap 4 all the rest of the match while Totti use to serve balls to the fowards all the match. The good thing 4 Vieri is that often is enought just an occasion to score 4 him but I bet he will pay to have a player like Totti instead of the discontinuos Recoba to play with in Inter.

Buy on AliExpress.com

slack

Dec 13, 2002
Its true that a stadium's perspective differs from TV. I'm thus basing impressions formed with ADP "on the ball" in the action zones from my armchair ;)

It has been 2 mths since his maiden game after injury. Alright, its a known fact that he takes a leisure route to 'obvious' competence but let's consider this : he was out for 7 weeks at the peak of his powers but even after 8 weeks and about as many matches, I'm still seeing a player unable (and I hesitate to use the term 'struggle') to impose himself for any reasonable stretch in a game. Honestly, I have nothing against the guy and in fact quite the opposite BUT the overall impression he gave is one of infuriating nonchalance and very apparent disinterest. At times, he seems blissfully detached from the rest of the world and strolling in the 3rd team on the pitch. He's always been reticent and while its very much a character thing, I don't think the latter or anything else should ever be confused/exploited as some pathetic excuse for all half-arsed showings. Let's face it, he's had more than just 'a few' at this critical stage and all reasons, especially the same ones, warp into excuses after a while. Nedved (and I'm not exactly a fan of his) being dragged into the analogy is irrelevant; you can accuse that man of a lot of things but NEVER for the lack of trying. Unfortunately, I can't honestly say the same about the captain.

And I don't think its wrong to criticize ADP and it sure as hell isn't being ungrateful about his huge contribution to the Scudetto cause. Bringing others into the picture might very well eradicate the issue of unfairness but more wrongs don't make a right. The fact is we DO depend a lot on ADP (I hope he knows) and for good reasons too given that he DEFINITELY has what it takes. My gripe with him is exactly that ... its within and hardly beyond himself to rectify matters.

I've had the extreme pleasure of witnessing the awesome ability of the guy who shoved Baggio down the chute in Juventus. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll ever see the roguish, youthful exuberance of that ADP again. Age and maturity has tempered that. Injuries have taken its toll and the game has definitely evolved since. He's always had talent and I hope he can somehow harness most of it in the years to come. Next Wednesday will be a good start please, thank you :D

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by slack ] ++Unfortunately, I doubt we'll ever see the roguish, youthful exuberance of that ADP again. Age and maturity has tempered that. Injuries have taken its toll and the game has definitely evolved since . He's always had talent and I hope he can somehow harness most of it in the years to come. Next Wednesday will be a good start please, thank you :D
This is the fact, just a minutes ago, i was seeing an interview with alex, in one of the most famous soccer programs of latinamerica.

Meanwhile the guy was interviweing DP, they were showing a lot of goals and plays of dp, from the past. And making comparisons i noticed that lack of somenthing in him now. He is changing in some way, and that hunger of victory when he was young , i think is not the same. I saw some amzing plays that i have never seen before. just too awesomes.

Shit!!!! man where are you??

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
I always loved DB, no doubt, but I want him to play good. I mean he was Golden boy but he is playing like an old lady (not "Old Lady"!). I do everything for Juve and I love Juve by my heart. I support them as well. Right now I just a little mad on DP, nothing more! which is normal

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++

This is the fact, just a minutes ago, i was seeing an interview with alex, in one of the most famous soccer programs of latinamerica.

Meanwhile the guy was interviweing DP, they were showing a lot of goals and plays of dp, from the past. And making comparisons i noticed that lack of somenthing in him now. He is changing in some way, and that hunger of victory when he was young , i think is not the same. I saw some amzing plays that i have never seen before. just too awesomes.

Shit!!!! man where are you??
In my very personal opinion he got too heavy, he worked too mutch in his muscules. If you look his pictures in 1996 and now the difference in amazing. Now he is more resistent, he contrast, ecc... but he lost in agility and he become a bit slow.
Anycase one thing I admire in Del Piero is that he is always in the position he has to, he cover, he press, ecc... 4 my personal soccer taste I prefer players who dribble, who invent and who are never "preventible" even if they are not so tactic, but I have to say that there are few fowards so tactical diligent and so serious in and outside the field (never a wrong word, never a wrong gesture) like him. In a team like Juventus weare the group is the most important thing he is essenzial, while 4 example a guy like Totti, also if as a player is better than him, may be a big trouble.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Hey guys i heared that Fig AND Zidane are injured!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.IT said dat on the eurosport cannel on sky.Does anyone knolw anything abouhgt this!!!

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
ZIDANE AND FIGO OUT!!!!!

Zinedine Zidane and Luis Figo have joined Real Madrid's growing injury list before next week's Champions League semi-final, second leg against Juventus. The two international midfielders were left out of the squad for Saturday's Spanish league match against Recreativo Huelva after failing to train Friday.

SPAIN: Standings & goal scorers
Goals galore: France 5-0 Egypt

Zidane is suffering from back pain and Figo has a minor groin strain.

Striker Ronaldo has been ruled out of the Huelva match because of a calf injury sustained during Tuesday's 2-1 victory over Juve in the first leg.

Club doctors have given the Brazilian a 10 percent chance of playing in next week's game in Turin.

Fellow striker Raul is expected to be available for the Champions League match, but was also left out of the squad for the trip to Huelva as he continues his recovery from an appendix operation.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
If this is true, I am the happiest guy on earth! But really, I think Del Bosque will rest those two players! Man, this would be great!

DAVIDZ

Sep 15, 2002
Thats a bunch of bs. Dont raise your hopes too high, they'll be there. This is the 'final' and no way ZZ and Figo would miss it.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Yes I don't belive that Figo and ZZ will be out... is too mutch luck to be true...
Ronaldo, yes, I think he is out.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
This is true the eurosport channel would not lie.
Although it never said they are out agin Juve they are still injured on will miss their gam on saturday hopefully they will still not be fully fit.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
well...
Not a great deal to say as i cant be bothered to argue about it.... especially as i think i saw a very different game from the stands than many of you seem to have seen on the tv.

firstly.... i had forgotten jus how good a stadium that really is.... fantastic!!

those complaining about the way we played.... have you actually been watching juve play anytime in the last 20 years.... that was always gonna be the way we played... that is juve.

those that say we should have attacked.... again do you watch juve?

you also seem to have forgotten that we werent playing some serie c wannabes ,we were playing real madrid... probably the best team on the planet.

Personlly i was very happy with the performance... we were generally solid, probably unlucky not to score another and maybe the odd decision went against us, but thats football.

The criticism of dp i find over blown..... from the stands he appeared to play a good game (everyone else there was also in agreement).
What maybe you couldnt see on tv was his movement off the ball and how hard he worked tracking back.
My only dissapointment with dp was that he should have scored with one of his chances and he seemed a little nervous in the first half hour, but overall a good performance and as good as pretty much every other juve player.
You also dont mention the inneffectiveness of conte and tudor in the mid meaning that nedved and dp were playing too deep the whole game.... how can they create if there having to play in there own half all the time.Also not helped by his link man in nedved who had a very quiet night.

Yet for all the criticism you dont have a moan about nedved who was very poor and was also poor against roma, brescia , barca and lazio.
where as dp played well against brescia and most of the roma match and probably won us the league with his 4 goals.

Personally i dont blame nedved for the madrid game either as it came down to a poor midfield combo plus being against a very good side and also nedved obviously playing with a knee problem.

You also fail to moan about trez who was quieter than either nedved or del piero.... though strangely i even defend him as for once he tried and his movement was generally good.

You all forget these guys are human beings and you often seem to expect unbeleivable things from them.
And worse you seem to at the slightest thing turn on our players and forget the great things they have done for us.

Staying on dp... look at this season where he was great up until his injury, since he has been a bit on and off, but outside of barca and lazio(where noone played well) he has been solid, and i tell you if not for him there is no way in the world we would have come close to winning the league this term.... yet you all still like to ***** about him... unbeleivable!!

Anyway, to me a good performance, better than expected result and in a good place for the second leg.

My only dissapointments with this game were the tudor - conte mid which didnt work and camo's poor display... something that worries me slightly as its now been a long time since hes shown any sign of what he showed at the season opening... hopefully he will find his feet soon.

Anyway cant wait to be in turin for the next leg!!!

some of you should go see a juve game live..... serie a for me is the one league where you really need to see it in the stadium to truly appreciate it, you miss so much compared to other leagues when you watch on the tv.
I cant argue with a guy with was at the game, you get to see everything !!! As a matter of fact, you are at MANY Juve games !!!

I'm ready for a career change. Paul, is your company hiring ???!!! :D:D:D:D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Just imagine. No Zidane. No Figo. No Ronaldo. And no Raul (I'm being optimistic) :excited:

Old Trafford here we come!!!!!! :extatic:

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
Just imagine. No Zidane. No Figo. No Ronaldo. And no Raul (I'm being optimistic) :excited:

Old Trafford here we come!!!!!! :extatic:
god i will pray for that it would be awesome

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Psssssttt,,, that rumors are too good to be true,

They will play, and if they are not in fit, or with some muscular problems, they will play anyways!!.

I Saw in tv the figo´s problems too!. He will be out of huelva match because some pain in the knee.

BUt they will be so pressedby the media, the fans and the team itself, playing at delle alpi is a must, although that means get an injury.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
Zz and Figo miss a Champs League, in MY DREAMS! AS much as i would like that to happen, i think they are going to play even if they only have one leg.

But if it is true, their midfield would be dead and Raul would lead their attack and we could close him down pretty easy, without figo and zidane loading him with balls.

But realisticy speaking they are playing : Zidane, Figo and Raul (Ronaldo i doubt highly)

And if we are going to beat them and thats `if` i would like to beat them in style and not playing against their benchers ;)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Jajajaja i really dont care who plays,,, we played with some of our bench in the bernabeu clash, and no one said a thing.

So, if Delboske, Valdano, and all the staff decide to play themselves, for me better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 68)