CL: Juventus - Galatasaray (47 Viewers)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
We have Hasan Sas and Hakan Sükür.. we dont have Hakan Sas.. :D
I do beg your pardon for the wrong name but I do have to beg to differ on some of your points, from where do u get that Gala vs Fernebache is the 3rd biggest derby in the world as surely its not as big as too many derbies i can talk off and I am not sure hoiw many countries outside Turkey would show that match Live

I have to say though that your current version of team is no way as good as some of the teams you have produced in the past, yes you guys did a good job in nullifying our play but thats all you did, unlike years ago where I am sure , the display Juve put in yesterday might have ended in Gala winning

Also I am not sure its that much of an achievement to be keep on qualifying for Cl and not going further than group stages all the time as I feel Turkish football ought to be doing better than that at this stage

OP
Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #503
    ++ [ originally posted by CimBomBom ] ++

Yeah, but since you are the only person who thanked me in these 25 pages, I am afraid there is not much sportsman in your group.. :D

About the fans, I can say you had seen nothing.. because of our poor ....................
    ok ok to much bla bla in this post.

We know how good galatasaray is,and no one undertimated te team.You just must admit that thjere are differences between the 2 .Yesterday they showed good concentration in defensebut They were not good in attack(talking about gala).

We all know what happened in the game. Both sides didnt played at his best.

Better luck next time.

CimBomBom

Aug 28, 2003
    Yeah he recovered.. and I should say he did a good job.. he turned back much before than everybody expected.. But he just recovered.. I mean he played last 20 minutes last game for the first time.. He needs a match practice and condition for sure.. It depends when you will play against Denmark.. I think in about a month he will be 100% ready.. I hope he really will, and have a good performance in your NT..;)

CimBomBom

Aug 28, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    I do beg your pardon for the wrong name but I do have to beg to differ on some of your points, from where do u get that Gala vs Fernebache is the 3rd biggest derby in the world as surely its not as big as too many derbies i can talk off and I am not sure hoiw many countries outside Turkey would show that match Live

I have to say though that your current version of team is no way as good as some of the teams you have produced in the past, yes you guys did a good job in nullifying our play but thats all you did, unlike years ago where I am sure , the display Juve put in yesterday might have ended in Gala winning

Also I am not sure its that much of an achievement to be keep on qualifying for Cl and not going further than group stages all the time as I feel Turkish football ought to be doing better than that at this stage
    Of course there are so much differences.. the biggest difference is EU.. I mean thats not kinda fair tournament anyway..:D Look from my sight.. Davids is not a foreigner for you, Frank De Boer counts as a foreigner for us.. you have unlimited foreign player credit.. just outside of EU is limited..

and the second big difference is economical situations.. All the rules that UEFA takes is good for the big teams.. This counts the Bosman rule.. We could easily get at least 20-25 million $ just by selling Emre.. but we got $0 :D I dont even say the others.. another point is, Galatasaray is a sport club, not a football club.. So expanses are crazy.. but income is just from the football.. these kinds of staffs makes us weaker than big (company) teams..

In same conditions, I think with this fan potential, there we would play for the title every year in CL.. But to have these conditions is just a dream for us now.. :)

About the derby, I assure thats not something I created.. It was even on Times magazine years ago.. And the first one was from Brazil.. but I forgot the clubs names.. second was Real Madrid-Barca, and the third was GS-FB.. you have to come and watch once in the stadium.. then you will understand.. it is not something that can be explained by words..

About the name, it isnt important... :D in between two Hakans and one Hasan, we even confuse sometimes.. ;)

CimBomBom

Aug 28, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++

ok ok to much bla bla in this post.

We know how good galatasaray is,and no one undertimated te team.You just must admit that thjere are differences between the 2 .Yesterday they showed good concentration in defensebut They were not good in attack(talking about gala).

We all know what happened in the game. Both sides didnt played at his best.

Better luck next time.
    next time you better not read my post my friend, if you think it is all bla bla.. I am not writing here to argue with anybody else...

but you are right, we were not good about attacking yesterday.. but we were desperate about defending.. if our defense was good yesterday, juve couldnt score any.. look at the 2 goals, then you will understand what I mean.. And we played for draw.. everybody know that.. and when we needed goal, we did some attack organizations.. though last minute header could be goal too, if we had a bit luck.. A bit of the luck that Juve had in second goal..
    Juve was the one who needed to score most of the game.. and Juve was not any single bit better about attacking i am afraid..

So I cant agree with you about our attack and defense about yesterday.. if our defense was good, we didnt see two silly goals in our net, right?? ;)

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    [
    QUOTE]++ [ originally posted by CimBomBom ] ++

Of course there are so much differences.. the biggest difference is EU.. I mean thats not kinda fair tournament anyway..:D Look from my sight.. Davids is not a foreigner for you, Frank De Boer counts as a foreigner for us.. you have unlimited foreign player credit.. just outside of EU is limited..

and the second big difference is economical situations.. All the rules that UEFA takes is good for the big teams.. This counts the Bosman rule.. We could easily get at least 20-25 million $ just by selling Emre.. but we got $0 :D I dont even say the others.. another point is, Galatasaray is a sport club, not a football club.. So expanses are crazy.. but income is just from the football.. these kinds of staffs makes us weaker than big (company) teams..

In same conditions, I think with this fan potential, there we would play for the title every year in CL.. But to have these conditions is just a dream for us now.. :)
    But that counts both ways as the 2 Brazilians that played yesterday Baptiste and is it Prates, you cannot tell me that you don;t have better Turkish players better than them and to be fair defensively would you say Frank de Boer has added much to your team?

Ajax do not have limited resources but were seconds away from reaching Cl semis last season so its not about the big bucks all the time

I just feel Galatasaray have gone backwards somewhat, but yes you do have a point about the likes of Okan and especially emre leaving

CimBomBom

Aug 28, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by G_O_A_T ] ++
    We're playing on 11th October, and if Bosnia wins we're going to Portugal as the first in our group :extatic:
    Woooahh.. It is hell of a day for us too... :D
    We play against England.. And we have to win to go Portugal as a first in the group... and the sad thing is, we haven't score one single goal against England in our entire history.. :frown:I think if we can succeed to score once in the beginning, then we can win.. cause that makes really big depress on our players...
    Where is Bosnian's match, at home or away??
    I hope you will win.. My heart is with you.. (I am sorry if there is any Danish friend in here, but we are always close eachother.. Bosnia gives us 12 points in Eurovision song contest..:D )

OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #510

next time you better not read my post my friend, if you think it is all bla bla.. I am not writing here to argue with anybody else...

but you are right, we were not good about attacking yesterday.. but we were desperate about defending.. if our defense was good yesterday, juve couldnt score any.. look ..........
    WE were unlucky to not just score dps post, and divaio header, and the one that DP didnt saw Nedved alone and did a wrong pass. Without counting the lot of opportunities we wasted with mistaken passes.

IM not takin credit from tye ggod defence performance ffrom Gala.

I mean, we didnt score more because we were not in our best day.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++

WE were unlucky to not just score dps post, and divaio header, and the one that DP didnt saw Nedved alone and did a wrong pass. Without counting the lot of opportunities we wasted with mistaken passes
    May I add to your list of chances Trezeguet's left footed volley, Del Piero's two headers (one was saved by Mondragon, one went over the bar) and Trezeguet's header which was cleared off the line... IMO Gala weren't that good defensively it's just that they played with 10 men behind the ball and we were unlucky with our finishing.

CimBomBom

Aug 28, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    [ But that counts both ways as the 2 Brazilians that played yesterday Baptiste and is it Prates, you cannot tell me that you don;t have better Turkish players better than them and to be fair defensively would you say Frank de Boer has added much to your team?

Ajax do not have limited resources but were seconds away from reaching Cl semis last season so its not about the big bucks all the time

I just feel Galatasaray have gone backwards somewhat, but yes you do have a point about the likes of Okan and especially emre leaving
    You are really a good soccer watcher Denco.. I am really impressed..
    You are right about your points.. To be honest De Boer didnt make much good for us as much as we had expected.. we thought he would close the empty side of our team which became after Popescu left..
    About Brazilians.. Prates is fast and quick.. good in offense, but poor in defense though.. Ümit Davala was for sure better in his good times.. But he had really so poor season last year, and Terim sent him away.. About Batista.. This guy is one of the best defensive midfielder in europe.. I really mean that.. But his technique is so poor.. but his strength is crazy.. for example yesterday, his duty was to stop nedved.. and I think he made nedved the worst player on the ground.. Nedved, Davids or Appiah is known a strong players at one to one.. But I assure you, if batista and any of this player fight for the ball 10 times, in 9 of them batista would be the winner.. but hell of a technique.. :D

You are so right about our position that we are going backwards a bit.. but thats all because of our financial position now.. we are building a new modern stadium.. and that costs hell.. (Even bayern is building now after years.. and Juve and lazio and Roma dont even have their own stadiums.. I hope you understand how big thing is to build a new stadium) and another thing is we have over 100 million $ owements.. we have to make it notr in 2 years, otherwise you know the UEFA's new rules.. so in these few years we dont expect much from football team to be honest..

But we did try to get really good players though this season.. but unluckily except De Boer (which cant do much for now) we couldnt buy any of them.. we need a playmaker (to fill Hagi or Emre) and a striker.. we wanted to get Yildiray bastürk (from Leverkusen), but couldnt succeed.. We were so close to rent Cambiasso (from Real), newspaper said just signatures left.. then all of a sudden Makalele created problem, and real sent him away.. so they kept Cambiasso.. surprisingly he was in first eleven this week in Champions League :eek:.. And Morientes too.. last minute call from Monaco prince to our president cancelled this one too.. so at the last day we signed with two young hot prospect Romanian player by thinking like "better than nothing" :LOL: They are national players, but so young.. and the striker one (Bratu) played in CL elimination match this year so we cant use him in CL..

Anyway, as I say these couple of years will be so hard for us.. we dont even have Ali Sami Yen Hell for at least 2 years.. :frown: but we do what we can do.. fans have more responsibility then.. ;) But I am really impressed about your interest in european soccer.. but I tell you this as a friend; Galatasaray is always Galatasaray.. soo big club.. can do anything in anytime.. so whoelse thinks, it is a piece of cake, will probably have a spicy taste at the end.. ;)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    hey i think cimbombom has a valid point. often the turks are overlooked but the passion in the turkish derby is intense. as intense if not more than many in europe. the milan derby is rather friendly in fact as both the teams seem to have little in the way of a rivalry of any kind- they regularly trade players between themselves and i think moratti may hate a lot more people more than galliani...the fans too.

i hate to say this, but in this day and age. fierece rivalries are few.

CimBomBom

Aug 28, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
    GS vs FB is bigger than ManU - Arsenal, Juve - Inter and Lazio - Roma! :howler: Good one, mate, good one! :LOL:
    Believe what you wanna believe man.. :)
    The world stops in Turkey in this match..
    and also lazio-roma is a derby.. but the others.. dont make me laugh man.. in Italy England and so, derbies are shown like who are playing the top that year..
    If inter-Juve is a derby, then what is Inter-Milan??? or Inter has 2 derby's?? what is Torino-Juve?? you better learn what derby means my friend.. I tell you the biggest one is chosen from Brazil.. in your mentality there is no two teams are bigger than any of what you count..

You are thinking like, biggest teams make the biggest derby.. that is sooo funny.. :D Fans makes the derby.. you have no idea how many people get injured in this GS-FB derbies.. match stops thousand times because of fires in the stadiums.. and an example from england was the funniest.. :D they just say AAAAA and clap their hands for God's sake.. there is no pressure.. second biggest derby is chosen Real-Barca.. watch one Real-Barca match, look at the tribunes then you understand what I mean.. but please, first learn what derby means.. ;)

CimBomBom

Aug 28, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
    hey i think cimbombom has a valid point. often the turks are overlooked but the passion in the turkish derby is intense. as intense if not more than many in europe. the milan derby is rather friendly in fact as both the teams seem to have little in the way of a rivalry of any kind- they regularly trade players between themselves and i think moratti may hate a lot more people more than galliani...the fans too.

i hate to say this, but in this day and age. fierece rivalries are few.
    Thats what I mean..
    For many of FB fans, Galatasaray's unsuccess is more important than their success.. when we got UEFA cup, some of them tried to kill themselves.. one caught by police while he was attempting to jump from the bridge...
    BTW I just asked one of my friend online, he says the first was Boca Juniors-River Plate.. so it was not from Brazil.. sorry for wrong info.. And that sounds really right.. cause I had watched one of their matches on TV.. :) if any one of you had watched, you would understand what real derby is..

can any Barca fans go to Real match to Madrid?? Have you seen any Real fan in Nou Camp?? thats what I mean...

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    If inter-Juve is a derby, then what is Inter-Milan??? or Inter has 2 derby's?? what is Torino-Juve?? you better learn what derby means my friend.. I
    This is the Derby D'Italia between the only 2 teams who weren't relegated in their whole histroy. and yeah it's called a derby.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003

Woooahh.. It is hell of a day for us too... :D
    We play against England.. And we have to win to go Portugal as a first in the group... and the sad thing is, we haven't score one single goal against England in our entire history.. :frown:I think if we can succeed to score once in the beginning, then we can win.. cause that makes really big depress on our players...
    Where is Bosnian's match, at home or away??
    I hope you will win.. My heart is with you.. (I am sorry if there is any Danish friend in here, but we are always close eachother.. Bosnia gives us 12 points in Eurovision song contest..:D )
    Yeah, we get a fair amount of points from you too ;)

History ties...

Anyways, the game will be played in Bosnia, and I just hope noone will get injured, especially Baljić and Bolić.

Good luck to you too :thumb:

CimBomBom

Aug 28, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Aragorn ] ++

This is the Derby D'Italia between the only 2 teams who weren't relegated in their whole histroy. and yeah it's called a derby.
    Aragorn which one you mean??
    And a real question I wanna know... which team is the one that Juve fans hate most in Italy?? I think that would also be the answer of the Juve's derby rival... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)