CL: Juventus - Galatasaray (48 Viewers)

OP
Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #441
    ++ [ originally posted by Tina ] ++
    can anyone tell me why tacchi was substitute? is it cos of injury or he just played badly?
    It was for Both IMO.

He did some very bad passes, and seemed a little lost in the field today. Repòrts say that he have injured.

Buy on AliExpress.com

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
    i agree about davids.i hope he signs the conrtat fast.and all the probs end cuz we will need him very bad,and i think that apiah shouldn't be starter,he can be super sub maybe

Tina

Aug 21, 2003
    well if he is injured than its clear why he made some bad passes. hope that he will recover soon.
    hydde thanx for info ;)

SNOOP i agree with you about edgar. we will have some bad times and we will be in need for him.

Tina

Aug 21, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

Ciro said that he didn't touch the ball and thus Del Piero scored the goal. He was only joking when he was pointing to himself during the goal celebration.
    i had the same impression that ciro didn't touch the ball. but still think that he did great job infront.

He had a calf injury and thus was substituted with Tudor. Davids then played on the left and Appiah took Camo's place on the right.
    hope that he's gonna recover soon

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    Ratings:

GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT: Buffon 6.5, Thuram 6, Ferrara 6.5, Montero 6, Zambrotta 6, Tacchinardi 5, Davids 6, Appiah 6.5, Camoranesi 6.5, Tudor 6, Nedved 6.5, Del Piero 8, Trezeguet 6.5, Di Vaio sv.

CORRIERE DELLO SPORT: Buffon 6, Thuram 6, Ferrara 6.5, Montero 5.5, Zambrotta 6, Tacchinardi 6, Davids 7, Appiah 5.5, Camoranesi 6, Tudor 6, Nedved 6, Del Piero 7.5, Trezeguet 5.5, Di Vaio sv.

TUTTOSPORT: Buffon sv, Thuram 5.5, Ferrara 6.5, Montero 6, Zambrotta 6, Tacchinardi 5.5, Davids 6, Appiah 6, Camoranesi 5.5, Tudor 6, Nedved 5.5, Del Piero 7.5, Trezeguet 5.5, Di Vaio sv.

LA STAMPA: Buffon 6, Thuram 5.5, Ferrara 6.5, Montero 6, Zambrotta 6, Tacchinardi 5.5, Davids 6, Appiah 6, Camoranesi 5.5, Tudor 6, Nedved 5.5, Del Piero 6.5, Trezeguet 6, Di Vaio sv.

CORRIERE DELLA SERA: Buffon 6, Thuram 6, Ferrara 7, Montero 5, Zambrotta 5.5, Tacchinardi 6, Davids 6, Appiah 5, Camoranesi 6, Tudor 5.5, Nedved 6, Del Piero 6.5, Trezeguet 6.5, Di Vaio sv.

LA REPUBBLICA: Buffon sv, Thuram 5.5, Ferrara 6, Montero 6.5, Zambrotta 5.5, Tacchinardi 5, Davids 5.5, Appiah 6, Camoranesi 6, Tudor 6.5, Nedved 6, Del Piero 7, Trezeguet 5.5, Di Vaio sv.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    What a disappointment eh? After 15 minutes of play I bet everyone was expecting an easy 3-0 or 4-0 but as usual we wasted the chances and let our opponents back into the game :(

Why cannot we close games, I swear that when I die it will be cause of a heart attack from watching a juve match.

What really sucks is that Gala had just one shot on goal and after the goal they gained confidence and played better than us.

Here's my personal ratings:

Buffon 6 - Could't do anything on the goal and after that he never was called to make a save or anything.

Thuram 5.5 - I thought the Chievi match was a fluke but yesterday he confirmed his bad form. He did however play better when h ewas going in the centre during Gala's set pieces, but he lost Hakan Sukur on Gala's goal, bad defending Lillian.

Montero 6 - He controlled the defence and offside quite well. Wasn't at blame for the goal.

Ferrara 6.5 - An extra 0.5 for helping in the 2nd goal, otherwise he was good but not to blame on the goal.

Zambrotta 6 - Not the usual train, hardly went up and when he did we were caught on counter attack by Cesar Sampaio (he's fasttttt)

Tacchinardi 5.5 - A night to remember

Appiah 6 - Alternated good and bad things

Nedved 6 - Helped alot in the midfield, always fighting for the ball and being more valuable defensively than attacking.

Camoranesi 6 - Did some good things, especially the assist for DP's goal was a gem. Good thing Lippi changed him though, he was getting nervous and could have been sent off.

Del Piero 8 - He's in really good form and has been so for the past games now. Apart from the goals, he did a lot of dribblings, winning free kicks and creating spaces and chances for his team mates.

Trezeguet 5.5 - Started well with that great shot which Mondragon saved early on but after that he was absent from the whole match

Davids 5.5 - Out of form and out of mind. Keep him reserve for the time being Lippi!

Tudor 6.5 - He was great! Came in, won balls, helped the midfield and gave out splendid crosses and assists.

Di Vaio 6.5 - Not too many minutes to judge him on, but he did more than Trezeguet and that header in the last minutes was very unlucky of him not to score.

Lippi 7 - As usual master tactician. Knew what was wrong in the team, changed Camoranesi with Tudor to strengthen the central midfield and from then on we controlled the match and did not let Gala take the midfield.

Bottom Line: We might look nice but we don't play well as a 4-2-3-1 not too balanced. We're better off as 4-3-2-1 cos Tacchinardi and Appiah alone suffer alot against all teams.

Btw Ferrara said he did not touch the ball in an interview last night ;)

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    What a disappointment eh? After 15 minutes of play I bet everyone was expecting an easy 3-0 or 4-0 but as usual we wasted the chances and let our opponents back into the game :(

Why cannot we close games, I swear that when I die it will be cause of a heart attack from watching a juve match.

What really sucks is that Gala had just one shot on goal and after the goal they gained confidence and played better than us.

Here's my personal ratings:

Buffon 6 - Could't do anything on the goal and after that he never was called to make a save or anything.

Thuram 5.5 - I thought the Chievi match was a fluke but yesterday he confirmed his bad form. He did however play better when h ewas going in the centre during Gala's set pieces, but he lost Hakan Sukur on Gala's goal, bad defending Lillian.

Montero 6 - He controlled the defence and offside quite well. Wasn't at blame for the goal.

Ferrara 6.5 - An extra 0.5 for helping in the 2nd goal, otherwise he was good but not to blame on the goal.

Zambrotta 6 - Not the usual train, hardly went up and when he did we were caught on counter attack by Cesar Sampaio (he's fasttttt)

Nedved 6 - Helped alot in the midfield, always fighting for the ball and being more valuable defensively than attacking.

Camoranesi 6 - Did some good things, especially the assist for DP's goal was a gem. Good thing Lippi changed him though, he was getting nervous and could have been sent off.

Del Piero 8 - He's in really good form and has been so for the past games now. Apart from the goals, he did a lot of dribblings, winning free kicks and creating spaces and chances for his team mates.

Trezeguet 5.5 - Started well with that great shot which Mondragon saved early on but after that he was absent from the whole match

Davids 5.5 - Out of form and out of mind. Keep him reserve for the time being Lippi!

Tudor 6.5 - He was great! Came in, won balls, helped the midfield and gave out splendid crosses and assists.

Di Vaio 6.5 - Not too many minutes to judge him on, but he did more than Trezeguet and that header in the last minutes was very unlucky of him not to score.

Lippi 7 - As usual master tactician. Knew what was wrong in the team, changed Camoranesi with Tudor to strengthen the central midfield and from then on we controlled the match and did not let Gala take the midfield.

Bottom Line: We might look nice but we don't play well as a 4-2-3-1 not too balanced. We're better off as 4-3-2-1 cos Tacchinardi and Appiah alone suffer alot against all teams.

Btw Ferrara said he did not touch the ball in an interview last night ;)
    If this is the best level that juve can do in CL then we must kiss the CL good bye and forget about it and concentrate on the scudetto because it was a very poor performance as a team in general except for some players like delpioro and camoranse. If we continued like this i think that we will go out from the first round or be crushed if we played with a strong team like real madrid or rman united , i was disappointed.:down:

Tina

Aug 21, 2003
    i'm sure we gonna improve. once again want to emphasize that its just a beginning, and teams that are in good shape will be facing serious problems for spring.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    Hrmmm your comment doesn't match the rating... could u plz explain more about Tacchi's performance?

What kind of good and bad things? I only saw live commentary, but he sounded pretty solid and useful sometimes in attack...

Really? I heard he did well...

Tina

Aug 21, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Hrmmm your comment doesn't match the rating... could u plz explain more about Tacchi's performance?
    i think zizue wanted to say that it was kinda worst match so he should remember it ;) though if he was injured than i can understand and it's not fair to judge him in this situation

Really? I heard he did well...
    yea me 2. he didn't get any yellow cards. it makes me happy :)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I thought that Appiah was good... As for Davids, he added energy and bite to the midfield and made a nice dribble going down the left flank, but it wasn't one of his best performances.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

btw UEFA.com says that we played a 'daring 4-2-2-2' formation... anyone care to tell me about this? Was it something like this?

Thuram---Ferrara---Montero---Zambro

-----------Tacchi-----Appiah

-----------Camo-----Nedved

------------Alex-------Trez?
    We lined up as a team playing 4-2-3-1 but essentially it was indeed a 4-2-2-2 as Del Piero played more like a forward than an attacking left winger, although he did go over to the left at times. In truth it was very similar to our classic 4-3-1-2 as at times Camo was alongside Tacchinardi and Appiah across midfield and Neddy was roaming behind DP and Trez.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Edgar Davids ] ++

and Del Piero,,, didn't have a good game, but did some very nice things that were very important to us :thumb: FORZA JUVE
    How can you say that DP didn't have a good game? He scored both goals, hit the crossbar and was constantly a threat to the Gala defence. True, he gave away the ball quite a bit, but he also made some really nice passes.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

We lined up as a team playing 4-2-3-1 but essentially it was indeed a 4-2-2-2 as Del Piero played more like a forward than an attacking left winger, although he did go over to the left at times. In truth it was very similar to our classic 4-3-1-2 as at times Camo was alongside Tacchinardi and Appiah across midfield and Neddy was roaming behind DP and Trez.
    Thanks :) I was wondering how that'd work out... 4-2-2-2 looks awfully empty unless Thuram and Zambro did a lot of running...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

Thanks :) I was wondering how that'd work out... 4-2-2-2 looks awfully empty unless Thuram and Zambro did a lot of running...
    Yeah, and neither Thuram nor Zambro did a lot of running. The former is not in form and the latter was probably a bit tired although he still made a big effort.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)