CL: Juventus - Galatasaray (26 Viewers)

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Sunshine ] ++
Hi everyone.

I diddn't watch the match, but i've heard that we diddn't play well dispite winning :frown: Is this true? Can anyone pls tell me how we played?
Not bad, but I dunno I just didn't really satisfied with our team's play, we were in danger everytime Gala pleyers got the ball, even in the last minutes, they almost equalised :groan: phew...at least 3 points is now in our hand, no matter we play good or not.
In fact, maybe i was just too surprised to see Inter's performance in Highbury.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
ok, thanks Fliakis and febrina :)

we'll looks like we will have to buck abit up for the following matches, especially against Sociadad :scared: . But most impt is that we did get the 3 points against Gala :)

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
Come on. We are Juve fans. We have to have faith in them. We should keep supporting them even after a not-so-good game.

Forza Juve! You're my man!

OP
Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #426
    Heheh like someone said in the forums

"Juventus even win when they are playing bad, just imagine when thay are in a good day"

:D

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    that one quality all teams varying to be champions need to have... Manfcukster U bascially rule the EPL bcoz of this quality.. where some teams like Arsenal drop points even when they play breathtakingly well..

OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #429
    IM happy bause,, this year, even when we are playing ba, we dont seem so ugly like our bad days in the last season.

A least when we are in vbad mood, now there are always some dangerous oasses, and we dont seem lost in the field.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I agree, when we play bad, it's not ugly bad, like some of the displays last season... it's just that some of our plays don't work out, or one of the players lapses... so far there haven't been any "pulling-my-hair-out-because-my-team-sux-so-much" moments, hopefully Roma won't be one of them :scared: ...and even though we've only played 3 games this season, it's a good sign :D...

OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #432
    What lippi said could be true,, te eam must be so t¡red right now. First, some of the players are under heavy trainings since last week NT´s games, and between the chievo game and gala, they were training a lot too.

NOw they will start to train for the roma game, luckuly after that, they will have some break.

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
    IM happy bause,, this year, even when we are playing ba, we dont seem so ugly like our bad days in the last season.
    that's because we are playing atacking football.last year was more defensive.but one thing i fear is our defence.i don't trust the defense so much.if u saw the match everybody was atacking thuram and zambo too
    and just two staying behind montero and ferara,that's very risky.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    i like that we are attacking more, but we should do it in moderation, by the way, does anyone have the goals in mpeg or avi form? the ones posted previously on this forum didnt work? it would be appreciated.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    my thoughts are that we we played a bad game, but we still won, and it's very important to win when playing a bad game.

except the goal, our defense was good IMO, Galatasaray didn't have any chances except their goal.

almost all our players didn't play to their standards, at least in the attacking part.

but there is one or more players that is worth to mention:
    Edgar Davids :star:
    he proved it's bullshit that he doesn't play because he's not on form. He changed our game in the second half and fought for every ball. well done :thumb:
    and of course Ferrara, that is still scoring important goals, despite his age :thumb:
    and Del Piero,,, didn't have a good game, but did some very nice things that were very important to us :thumb:
    Thuram still not on form but he was ok and soon he'll be great again.
    and Camoranesi for a good first half and very nice assist

all the other players will soon be mention for good too, but in other games. FORZA JUVE

OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #436
    IM still thinking that our not so good performance was because the offensive was not coordinated, and we wasted too many passes. We tried a lot from the air, where the Gala´s defense was srtong, and in some clear chances, or guys mistaken or missed the shots. We could have won by a bigger difference, but beter luck next time.

The positive points are than our captain has being doing well in the last 3 matches, and Davids in gainig confidence again.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    I don't think our performance last night was as bad as some are saying. It's true expectations were high before the match, but it was nice to win the 3 points without really putting out a huge effort.

After scoring our early goal, we kept attacking and could've scored many goals. But after GS equalised the players were surprised and weren't really able to get back to the game and get the lead again easily. We dominated the midfield most of the time though and controlled the match, increasing the tempo at times and slowing it at others. We weren't really threatened except for a couple of chances throughout the match. Whereas we could've scored in many occasions like Del Piero's header that went slightly above the bar, Del Piero's free-kick that hit the bar, Trezeguet's header that was cleared by GS's defense, Di Vaio's chance towards the end of the match that was saved by the GK, as well as other less-threatening chances.

The match indicated many things:

1. Del Piero has clearly become our most influential player with great consistency since the beginning of the season. His movement is very important to our game as well as his goals.

2. We are also dependent on Nedved and his form has slightly dipped, so no wonder our overall performance in the match was affected.

3. The players were clearly tired, most of them are internationals and played 4 matches in the space of 2 weeks. Let's hope they still have some energy for the Roma match this weekend.

4. Davids played well last night and could be used again by Lippi whenever necessary to rest either Appiah or Tacchinardi. Tudor also played and replaced Tacchinardi in the second half.

OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #438
    Four matches, and lot of travels and trainings sessions between them,,,so surely it could affect.

Tina

Aug 21, 2003
    well guys take it easy, yes some o you are right saying that juve is not showing perfect performance, but don't forget that its just a biginning of the season and players need at least some time to get used to everything. imo its even better that in that kind of shape we still manage to win. IT IS VERY GOOD TENDENCY. i'm sure that best games of juve are still comming.

i haven't watched yesterdays game but from what i have seen can say that alex and camo were the best. of cours not forgetting great performance by CIRO. its so amaizing our defenders always help the team with goals when we need them very much. i like that this year this tendency continues.

i was not impressed by neddy but i'm sure that he will come back with great goals very soon.

nice that davids had oportunity to play. hope that it will help to reestablish his pshicological situation, and he will find strength in himself to help the team.

can anyone tell me why tacchi was substitute? is it cos of injury or he just played badly?

of course hope that our forwards gonna use all their chances to score. imo this is only thing that shoul be improved by marco and david.

all the good luck to Juveboys

we are with you no metter if you win or lose

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Tina ] ++
    of cours not forgetting great performance by CIRO. its so amaizing our defenders always help the team with goals when we need them very much. i like that this year this tendency continues.
    Ciro said that he didn't touch the ball and thus Del Piero scored the goal. He was only joking when he was pointing to himself during the goal celebration.

++ [ originally posted by Tina ] ++
    can anyone tell me why tacchi was substitute? is it cos of injury or he just played badly?
    He had a calf injury and thus was substituted with Tudor. Davids then played on the left and Appiah took Camo's place on the right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)