CL: Juventus - Galatasaray (47 Viewers)

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Juventus 2 - 1 Galatasaray

Del Piero 5, 73 (J), Hakan Sukur 19 (G)
Stadio Delle Alpi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alessandro Del Piero scored twice as Juventus struggled to dispose of Fatih Terim's Galatasaray.

Juventus were defeated Finalists last year and have made no secret of the fact the Champions' League is their main target this season.

The campaign kicked off in Turin against Fatih Terim's Galatasaray, a Coach who had previously never lost to the Bianconeri in his career. Ciro Ferrara replaced the injured Nicola Legrottaglie in central defence, while Edgar Davids was again left on the bench.

It took just five minutes for Alessandro Del Piero to give Juve the lead. Mauro Camoranesi threaded through for the unmarked captain to turn in a right-footed angled drive.

The Bianconeri fielded David Trezeguet despite an injury worry and his daisy-cutter almost took Mondragon by surprise for a fingertip save.

Pavel Nedved could perhaps have gone for goal soon after, but he opted to set up Trezeguet and Korkmaz slid in to recover a desperate situation.

However, Galatasaray drew level with ex-Parma and Inter flop Hakan Sukur. The veteran striker was left relatively unmarked to nod in a corner kick on 19 minutes.

Juve were extremely unlucky not to get back into the lead on the half-hour mark. Del Piero's corner was met by the head of Trezeguet, but Batista cleared off the line with his 'keeper beaten.

The captain then tried with a header that looped over the bar from another Camoranesi cross.

Edgar Davids stepped on for the second half to replace the tired-looking Alessio Tacchinardi in a more aggressive midfield.

However, they continued to find no way through an organised Galatasaray defence and there were few real scoring opportunities.

The Bianconeri did not seem to know where their teammates were on the field, as Del Piero again cut back to empty space instead of passing to the completely unmarked Nedved.

Gianluca Zambrotta attempted a spectacular bicycle-kick, but the finish was off target.

Igor Tudor was thrown on in place of Camoranesi, and the Italian international did not appear pleased with the substitution.

Del Piero's free kicks provided Juve's best chances and on 67 minutes he curled a splendid set-piece on to the crossbar.

The breakthrough finally emerged with fifteen minutes to go. Del Piero's free kick appeared to be flicked on by Ferrara to take Mondragon by surprise. However, after the match the defender revealed that he had not touched the ball, so the goal should be credited to the captain.

Del Piero could have extended their lead soon after, but his just failed to get a good strong header on Stephan Appiah's centre.

Galatasaray refused to give in an Gianluigi Buffon punched out a deflected Arif cross-cum-shot.

Substitute Marco Di Vaio brought a magnificent reaction save out of Mondragon in the final minute, as the Colombian shot-stopper flew to fingertip out his powerful header.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus: Buffon; Thuram, Ferrara, Montero, Zambrotta; Tacchinardi (Davids 46), Appiah; Camoranesi (Tudor 65), Nedved, Del Piero; Trezeguet (Di Vaio 78)

Galatasaray: Mondragon; Cesar Prates, De Boer, Korkmaz, Hakan Unsal (Tamas 83), Sabri, Batista, Fabio Pinto (Arif 80), Ergun; Hasan Sas (Cihan 65); Hakan Sukur

Ref: Ivanov (Rus)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
personally apart from the goal and the assit i dont think del piero was that great... he slowed down many potential counter attack and the misspassed to nedved in the 2nd half really make him look stupid especially the the time and space nedved could have at that moment... but of course the goal and the set peice make him worth the mention among other Juve players... a scrappy 3 points but 3 points nonetheless :thumb:

Sep 14, 2003
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++

oi you show some fvckin respect before you get your face opened up and your fvckin balls fed to the poor.
I bet your tiny little animal brain went into overdrive thinking that up.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Aragorn ] ++

The breakthrough finally emerged with fifteen minutes to go. Del Piero's free kick appeared to be flicked on by Ferrara to take Mondragon by surprise. However, after the match the defender revealed that he had not touched the ball, so the goal should be credited to the captain.
:eek::eek:

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++

Because they're an Italian team, that's all he's saying. I understand you don't like it and far enough.
if you want to continue this nonsense write me an pm, don't put all this shit in this thread.

back on topic. so did del piero scored 2 or 1 each by ferrara and del piero?
wtf? :undecide:

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++
Guys, cant you just stop arguing? :groan:
This is thread about the match, not about your private insults.
So please stop it.
Thanks Vit

Cool it down please people, there's no need to ruin a perfectly good match thread with insults. If you have any issues you should address them elsewhere

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++

I bet your tiny little animal brain went into overdrive thinking that up.
mistook my brain for your mom. yeah expected that of you. have had better. maybe she should stick to eating you out for lunch. then again it'd be a pretty sad session wouldnt it. i bet the lice would have more fun...

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003

:

yeah.. from my view i dont see anyone touched the ball too.. but ferarra convincingly pointing at himself as if he scored... thats a shame.. del piero will look more :cool: with 2 goal on his name.

Oct 1, 2002

Del Piero's free kick is so sharp lately.:thumb:

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
how did nedved do? im watching the game now but i wanna know
btw, that back of the shirts is ugly but the comentator just said some officials might have asked juve to put it so their names can be seen better

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
The performance wasn't the best but all what matters is the 3 points now, the players looked very tired, I hope this won't affect their performance against roma. Del Piero deserves the mention , he was very good today, Thanks Captain. :)

Forza Juventus F.C. :strong::thumb:
i don't agree.he wasted the ball alot.and that made me :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)