[CL] Juventus - Djurgarden (2 Viewers)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

I got this from Juventus.com:

Juventus:
Buffon; Thuram, Legrottaglie, Montero; Blasi, Tacchinardi, Emerson, Zambrotta; Del Piero, Miccoli, Trezeguet.
A disposizione: Chimenti, Ferrara, Tudor,Pessotto, Birindelli, Olivera, Zalayeta.
All.: Capello
Look at this, this is our squad depth, the CL qualifiers and we have 4 defenders on the bench, and only one midfielder and attacker :wallbang:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Antonio

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Look at this, this is our squad depth, the CL qualifiers and we have 4 defenders on the bench, and only one midfielder and attacker :wallbang:
We have a lot of players injured. Plus, like i just said, our team aint complete yet. Hopefully we'll beat Djurgarden next game and we'll have some money to invest in the market.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

LOLOLOL WTF????
good point, y the hell have we got 4 defenders on the bench?? as i sed our team is a JOKE

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

...is doing horrible. :down:
Channel4's match report say that he created two good chances for Miccoli and Olivera respectively and they described his substitution as unexpected and surprising so I don't think he was that bad. Holdon, how did DP do in your opinion?

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
uefa

Juventus survive Swedish scare
Tuesday, 10 August 2004
Juventus FC denied Swedish title-holders Djurgårdens IF a shock victory with two goals in the second half of their UEFA Champions League third qualifying round first-leg tie.

David Trezeguet's goal brought Juventus back into the match

Hope
The two-times European champions trailed 2-0 early in the second half in Turin but David Trezeguet and Emerson spared their blushes - and gave them hope of advancing to the group stage in the return leg on 25 August.

Attacking lineup
Without the injured Pavel Nedved and Mauro Camoranesi, and Jonathan Zebina who was suspended, Fabio Capello fielded an attacking lineup with Fabrizio Miccoli alongside Trezeguet and Alessandro Del Piero up front. Djurgården coach Kjell Jonevret, meanwhile, started with Tobias Hysén in attack supported by Fredrik Stenman out on the left flank and Abgar Barsom on the right.

Buffon saves
The Swedish side started the game brightly and Gianluigi Buffon blocked a long-range shot by right-back Matias Concha after just a minute. The Italy goalkeeper was forced to make a superb one-handed save two minutes later to keep out Stenman's close-range header following a cross from the right by Johan Arneng.

Torrential rain
Playing in torrential rain, Juventus raised their game as the first half approached the midway point but still failed to create any real problems for the well-organised Swedish defence. Finally, after 37 minutes, they did find a way through the Djurgården back line when Emerson connected strongly with a Del Piero cross but Gambian goalkeeper Pa Dembo Tourray was equal to his header.

Johansson converts penalty
Then, in the last minute of the first half, Djurgården took the lead. German referee Herbert Fandel awarded the Swedish side a penalty for a foul committed by Alessio Tacchinardi on Arneng and Andreas Johansson sent Buffon the wrong way from the spot.

Deficit reduced
Things got worse for Juventus three minutes into the second half when Djurgården scored their second goal through Hysén's precise finish after he had played a clever one-two with Stenman. The visitors had barely finished celebrating, however, when Trezeguet reduced the deficit, stopping a low shot by Gianluca Zambrotta before beating Tourray from close range.

Djurgården hold on
Capello replaced Tacchinardi with Rubén Olivera and the Uruguayan repaid the trust of his coach just before the hour as he crossed to Emerson who headed the Bianconeri level. Two minutes later, Juventus were very nearly in front only for Tourray to keep out a powerful shot by Miccoli. There were further chances for Trezeguet and Miccoli again but Djurgården held on for the draw.

Antonio

Jul 14, 2002

Channel4's match report say that he created two good chances for Miccoli and Olivera respectively and they described his substitution as unexpected and surprising so I don't think he was that bad. Holdon, how did DP do in your opinion?
That bad. :D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
A question - If we sign players in the coming week(s) will they be eligible to play in the second leg? As I understand it a squad list was submitted for this tie, which means that even if we sign Oddo, Cannavaro, Bonera and Jankulovski a few days from now they won't be able to play against Djurgarden in Sweden, right?

Antonio

Jul 14, 2002
A question - If we sign players in the coming week(s) will they be eligible to play in the second leg? As I understand it a squad list was submitted for this tie, which means that even if we sign Oddo, Cannavaro, Bonera and Jankulovski a few days from now they won't be able to play against Djurgarden in Sweden, right?
That's right. That's the reason why there's no rush signing them. If we sign them today, they'll be able to play (hopefully) in the real Champions League. And we have time till the last day of august (or the first of september, i dont remember) to send UEFA an updated list. The only thing is that the new players dont have to play in a UEFA competition till we sign them (they can go to the bench, but not play a single minute).

May 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++
uefa

Juventus survive Swedish scare
Tuesday, 10 August 2004
Juventus FC denied Swedish title-holders Djurgårdens IF a shock victory with two goals in the second half of their UEFA Champions League third qualifying round first-leg tie.

David Trezeguet's goal brought Juventus back into the match

Hope
The two-times European champions trailed 2-0 early in the second half in Turin but David Trezeguet and Emerson spared their blushes - and gave them hope of advancing to the group stage in the return leg on 25 August.

Attacking lineup
Without the injured Pavel Nedved and Mauro Camoranesi, and Jonathan Zebina who was suspended, Fabio Capello fielded an attacking lineup with Fabrizio Miccoli alongside Trezeguet and Alessandro Del Piero up front. Djurgården coach Kjell Jonevret, meanwhile, started with Tobias Hysén in attack supported by Fredrik Stenman out on the left flank and Abgar Barsom on the right.

Buffon saves
The Swedish side started the game brightly and Gianluigi Buffon blocked a long-range shot by right-back Matias Concha after just a minute. The Italy goalkeeper was forced to make a superb one-handed save two minutes later to keep out Stenman's close-range header following a cross from the right by Johan Arneng.

Torrential rain
Playing in torrential rain, Juventus raised their game as the first half approached the midway point but still failed to create any real problems for the well-organised Swedish defence. Finally, after 37 minutes, they did find a way through the Djurgården back line when Emerson connected strongly with a Del Piero cross but Gambian goalkeeper Pa Dembo Tourray was equal to his header.

Johansson converts penalty
Then, in the last minute of the first half, Djurgården took the lead. German referee Herbert Fandel awarded the Swedish side a penalty for a foul committed by Alessio Tacchinardi on Arneng and Andreas Johansson sent Buffon the wrong way from the spot.

Deficit reduced
Things got worse for Juventus three minutes into the second half when Djurgården scored their second goal through Hysén's precise finish after he had played a clever one-two with Stenman. The visitors had barely finished celebrating, however, when Trezeguet reduced the deficit, stopping a low shot by Gianluca Zambrotta before beating Tourray from close range.

Djurgården hold on
Capello replaced Tacchinardi with Rubén Olivera and the Uruguayan repaid the trust of his coach just before the hour as he crossed to Emerson who headed the Bianconeri level. Two minutes later, Juventus were very nearly in front only for Tourray to keep out a powerful shot by Miccoli. There were further chances for Trezeguet and Miccoli again but Djurgården held on for the draw.
oi thanks a lot for the summary ifeel like i have watched da match/// must say dissappointed but am confident we ll get a win at sweden... it will be a massacre...juventus - olympiakos ... 7 - 0 hint hint

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Antonio ] ++
Anyway Appiah is with Ghana and Kapo and Camoranesi are injured. How can you say our team is a joke judging the bench players in august?
Because they cant beat a lowly sweedish team at home, thats my opinion of a joke, and it shows the pathetic depth tht the team currently posesses

Antonio

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Mike Da Don ] ++
Because they cant beat a lowly sweedish team at home, thats my opinion of a joke, and it shows the pathetic depth tht the team currently posesses
Oh man, Porto is the winner of Champions League, and Greece of the European Championship. I mean dont judge a team just by comparing it with the other wack team he has had problems playing with. They have already played 15 games in the Swedish championship, and they didnt have players who played in Euro 2004. We are still in august, with a lot of players injured, a lot of players tired from Euro 2004, and we've had bad luck (and the storm didnt help). I'm sure we're a better team, and i'm sure we'll play a good game in Sweden. Let's just hope in Juventus. In Italy we say: "WE ARE JUVENTUS". It explains everything.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Antonio ] ++
i'm sure we'll play a good game in Sweden. Let's just hope in Juventus. In Italy we say: "WE ARE JUVENTUS". It explains everything.
We should do. As u say 'We Are Juventus' and beating a team like this should merely be formalaties to us, all due respect to them but even if they have played 15 games there is now way tht we shouldnt have won against them, its early days i know but its not good signs for the supporters, were not seeing much l8ly to consider our Juventus a threat to the domestic crown OR to any european honours, a team like us should be winning every game against teams like this no matter what, and we have definately had our fair share of warm up games 2 build us up 2 this match, im hugely disapointed and disgusted, the nly good thing 2 take out of this game is the wake up call it sends to 'the powers that be' and hopefully now with the return of nedved all will be alright, noetheless 2night has been a dark night for juventus, and the return leg is on my birthday so i hope for a nice preasent from Fabio Capello himself :D:D:D:D

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Modo Bianconero ] ++

oi thanks a lot for the summary ifeel like i have watched da match/// must say dissappointed but am confident we ll get a win at sweden... it will be a massacre...juventus - olympiakos ... 7 - 0 hint hint
don't forget that when juve was playing with olimpiakos,we won 2-1 when we were playing here in greece.

we bet them 7-0 when we were playing AT HOME.

and at home,we draw with sweeden

May 4, 2004
imo Capello should be playing like this in the next leg,

------------------GiGi

Zebina---Thuram----Ferrera----Zambro

-----Olivera-----Emerson-----Blasi

----------------Nedved

---------Trezegol-----Del Piero

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++
imo Capello should be playing like this in the next leg,

------------------GiGi

Zebina---Thuram----Ferrera----Zambro

-----Olivera-----Emerson-----Blasi

----------------Nedved

---------Trezegol-----Del Piero
Zebina will still be suspended!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)