[CL] Juventus - Djurgarden (2 Viewers)

DIF1891

Aug 5, 2004
dpforever

So there is a slight chance that Nedved is ready for the second game?
I really hope that the qualifying round ain´t over after the first match.
Would be very nice to see Del Piero, Buffon, Tudor, Iuliano, Zambrotta, Thuram and all the others on Råsunda. Do you think that that the Italian players still think about the 2-2 match in the Euro?

On Saturday we will play against Landskrona in the Allsvenskan.
Hopefully our coach will rest the best players. We do not want any injuries now =)

We bought a new player from Island for a couples of weeks ago.
His name is Sölvi Ottesen. In Island he´s called "The Islands Nesta".
So far he has only played one trainingmatch. And now he´s injuried.
Sören Larsen is another transfer that hasn´t played in Allsvenskan yet.
He got injuried on training, but he hopes that he will be fit for the second match. He was contracted by Bröndby. But BK Frem lend him and he scored 13 goals though BK Frem was one of the worst team in the danish league.
He is supposed to be like Mattias Jonsson, That played in Bröndby aswell. Yesterday he was contracted by Norwich.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Plexus ] ++
is there anyone here from sweden that wants to go too the djurgården-juventus match?
I would like to a lot but I will be far from Stockholm at that time

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
Djurgarden's coach think they are going to win since Juve only won with 2-1 against Cesena and the last goal came from a penelty shot.

I can only say that it's a different Juve they are going to face since these was just a friendly game. Sure, Juve played with most of the "A-team" but but they are going to be more focused when they play Djurgarden.

DIF1891

Aug 5, 2004
Djurgårdens coach didn´t say that he thinks we can beat Juve.
He said that he thinks that we could beat Juve. Nothing is impossible.
Ofcourse he is aware that it will be a different attitude on tuesday.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
I thought about going, but it was just too expensive... :down: Next year me and my friend should go to San Siro and see derby d'Italia... (sorry about the spelling...)

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Poku ] ++
I thought about going, but it was just too expensive... :down: Next year me and my friend should go to San Siro and see derby d'Italia... (sorry about the spelling...)
You too? I'm going to Milano when Juve is facing Inter (or Milan haven't decided that yet)

Len

Feb 13, 2004
We need a good start to the CL campaign, lets keep our fingers crossed and hope that we don't screw up...;)

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Plexus ] ++
is there anyone here from sweden that wants to go too the djurgården-juventus match?
I will be in Sweden this coming week & I hope to watch the match. :D
Can you please give me details of the venue & ticket cost. Thanks :)

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Ali ] ++
I will be in Sweden this coming week & I hope to watch the match. :D
Can you please give me details of the venue & ticket cost. Thanks :)
You can get the ticket at Ticnet tomorrow morning starting at 09.00.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
Trez can handle Juve trident

Sunday 8 August, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus have precious few alternatives for Tuesday’s crunch tie with Djurgarden, but David Trezeguet wants an all-out trident attack.

“We know that we will be facing a team that won’t leave us much room for manoeuvre and can put eleven men in defence,” he noted of the Swedish champions, “but at Juventus you can’t beat around the bush. We must try to win both home and away.”

The transfer market hasn’t given Coach Fabio Capello many alternatives upfront, while injuries have ruled out Pavel Nedved, Mauro Camoranesi, Mark Iuliano and possibly Lilian Thuram, Igor Tudor and Paolo Montero as well.

“Fabrizio Miccoli, Alessandro Del Piero and myself are on fine form,” assured the Frenchman. “Alex is particularly geared up for this game and he is always very concentrated when the Coach is imparting advice.”

“It is very important for my style of play that Del Piero is doing well. With Miccoli in such good condition as well, it would be a shame to leave one of us on the bench.”

It is possible Capello will field the trident upfront, something he often did at Roma over the last couple of seasons, although that can leave a weak defence open to the counter-attack.

The real changes over the summer have been in the midfield, where Emerson has quickly taken a leading role.

“I must give Emerson my compliments,” noted Trezeguet. “He is a great Champion and one who is already proving his qualities in a Juve jersey.”

The Bianconeri have been far from sparkling during their pre-season friendlies, leaking goals and scoring with great difficulty, but Trezeguet is confident that will pass.

“This is the first major test of the season and those friendly games don’t count. We have until now been doing very heavy fitness training, but today started working in a different way to best prepare for the Djurgarden match.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)