[CL] Juventus 3-0 Dynamo Kiev [December 2nd, 2020] (1 Viewer)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Still so dodgy defensively but we got a clean sheet even if the opponents were embarrassing - it’s a step in the right direction.

chiesa was superb a goal and 1.5 assists and he looked dangerous running at kiev
Dynamo Kiev is the Ukranian League Leader now above Shakthar Donetsk. They must be better than Crotone and Benevento

This performance and result show that we still develop. We need more consistency in getting the result.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Much better performance and game overall

If we played like this in serie a we wouldn't have any issues. I still think we struggle to wrestle back momentum when we have those ebs and flows in games, we need to learn to retain possession and slow the play down when we need to.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Life is good when the right players play the right roles
This 100% Defense was solid with three real center-backs, midfield was finally in the right balance with two more combative players paired with the trequartista, Chiesa and Sandro are the optimal wing-backs and Ronaldo+Morata just play together so damn well.

Playing Kulu as a wing-back, Cuadrado and Chiesa on the left, soft midfield of Arthur+Rabiot+Ramsey, leaky makeshift defenses..... hope we don't see that any more.

Props to Sandro and Chiesa as the two stand out performances, as they both created/assisted/scored almost all our chances.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
This 100% Defense was solid with three real center-backs, midfield was finally in the right balance with two more combative players paired with the trequartista, Chiesa and Sandro are the optimal wing-backs and Ronaldo+Morata just play together so damn well.

Playing Kulu as a wing-back, Cuadrado and Chiesa on the left, soft midfield of Arthur+Rabiot+Ramsey, leaky makeshift defenses..... hope we don't see that any more.

Props to Sandro and Chiesa as the two stand out performances, as they both created/assisted/scored almost all our chances.
Am I the only one who see things as they are?!
We played ok and our defense was definitely now solid as we had Woj save our assess 3 times with one of them a one on one situation.

Chiesa played a good game and so have McKennie Woj and A.Sandro.

We might won this 3-0 but we still didnt look like a top team.
We did better than against Benevento though..

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
surprising how physical we were compared to kiev. 56 duels won vs 26, can't remember anything remotely similar numbers recently. plenty of tackles too, 4 from chiesa and 3 from morata aren't expected.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Am I the only one who see things as they are?!
We played ok and our defense was definitely now solid as we had Woj save our assess 3 times with one of them a one on one situation.

Chiesa played a good game and so have McKennie Woj and A.Sandro.

We might won this 3-0 but we still didnt look like a top team.
We did better than against Benevento though..
I don't think everything has changed after this match and we're still finding ourselves, but what I liked most was that all players were played in comfortable positions, the team had a right balance of offensive and defensive players and we never looked like we were in too much trouble even on counters. Woj really had to save our arse only once, the rest were quite routine saves on half chances that happen in a game no matter the opposition. We could create plenty of chances during the whole game and were unfortunate not to have scored more.

Compared to Benevento for example we played a 4-4-2 with Ramsey more or less out of position, crappy Frabotta as FB, a two-man midfield of Arthur and Rabiot that is way too soft, Dybala instead of Ronaldo and were forced to play Danilo as the other CB. We got found out on plenty of counter-attacks since the midfield could not intercept and win balls back, we could not attack through the wings effectively, we could barely create chances effectively and lacked a complete balance in the team. We must also realize that Benevento is a team that is a couple of levels lower than Dinamo Kiev, so we should definitely see that there was a significant improvement.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
surprising how physical we were compared to kiev. 56 duels won vs 26, can't remember anything remotely similar numbers recently. plenty of tackles too, 4 from chiesa and 3 from morata aren't expected.
One of the reasons we put in an overall good performance. Against the Beneventos and Crotones we were unable to win due to losing these physical duels.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Imagine how many Dybala will do against Torino.
stats can be a prick if you use them properly :klin:

1606994475436.png

these are actual per 90 minute stats. and for all the maskers and anti-maskers dybala fans and haters, no, i'm not trying to make a point, it's just for the lulz.

i do wish morata was available and dybala played close to his best.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Under Pirlo, we have made it through the group stage with ease. That is something that we haven’t had since returning to ECL from serie B. And people are still dissing Pirlo.

rainhard

May 5, 2004

1606994475436.png

these are actual per 90 minute stats. and for all the maskers and anti-maskers dybala fans and haters, no, i'm not trying to make a point, it's just for the lulz.

When you compare the best stats of Dybala (touches and passes) and the worst stats of Morata (his touches and passes were awful)
But in the end, the number of goals and assists (the outcome) all that matters for the attackers

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

1606994475436.png

Perhaps isn't that surprising considering how (annoyingly) deep Dybala often comes to get involved in the game. How about tackles attempted per player?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)