[CL] JUVENTUS 1-3 Barcelona (June 6th, 2015) (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
While we obviously don't have a Messi in our team and arguably no Neymar either (I'm sorry gents, but in terms of pure, raw talent he's better than Tevez) I think as a team we're every bit as good. We are solid, have an outstanding passing game and have a midfield that takes the opponent by the throat.
I think our players are excellent and our team is excellent, but just the nature of their players is to be more highly skilled and potential game winners, for the league they play in and philosophy they use. I suppose the other big advantage they have is also being in and winning finals, some of their players have 3 Champions League titles, and the Spanish guys have two European Championships and a World Cup. We also have World Cup and CL winners, but not as a team unit.

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
I don't like Buffon's quote on our chances. “Against Real we might have had a 35% chance of making it past them, so I guess the chances of now winning the trophy against this Barcelona side are even slimmer,” he said in an interview with UEFA.com." We need to show more confidence than that.

Marchisio on the other hand: “Our chance of winning? 50/50,” he said in a pre-match Press conference on Monday.

This team is flat out dominant domestically and has shown it is very strong internationally as well. We should be confident but cautious going into the final.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'd like to see a nice hard but clean tackle from Chiellini to put Messi onto the running track in the first few minutes. When you get into a fight always go for the main guy first.

Sadly I think we'll be quite standoffish in the early minutes, we need a good start.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
buffon is just being too polite. he's won a world cup against all odds (germany were clear favorites in the semis), he knows what it takes to stay grounded and alert ahead of a big match like this.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I think our players are excellent and our team is excellent, but just the nature of their players is to be more highly skilled and potential game winners, for the league they play in and philosophy they use. I suppose the other big advantage they have is also being in and winning finals, some of their players have 3 Champions League titles, and the Spanish guys have two European Championships and a World Cup. We also have World Cup and CL winners, but not as a team unit.
Yes. I'm going to disregard all that and say we are clear favorites to win this thing.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
buffon is just being too polite. he's won a world cup against all odds (germany were clear favorites in the semis), he knows what it takes to stay grounded and alert ahead of a big match like this.
I don't think many people appreciated what our Italy squad had in 2006. That team was undeservedly the most under-rated squad compared to Germany's which was complete trash save for a few imo.

juvefan27

Apr 17, 2012
Had a dream (nightmare) last night that Barça won 4-1. I woke up genuinely gutted, and had to check the date to make sure it was all a dream... I'm not sure how I'll make it to Saturday!

(By Wednesday a tuna in a bowtie will be scoring the winner...)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
If we won't win... :lol:
My mood is constantly changing regarding the entire thing, a bit like Igor up there. But I have to be honest and say that Im surprisingly calm about it - I think that a Juve victory is a distinct possibility if we play our football.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
My mood is constantly changing regarding the entire thing, a bit like Igor up there. But I have to be honest and say that Im surprisingly calm about it - I think that a Juve victory is a distinct possibility if we play our football.
I think we have 0 chance of winning it. :D

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
I don't think many people appreciated what our Italy squad had in 2006. That team was undeservedly the most under-rated squad compared to Germany's which was complete trash save for a few imo.
Italian teams get underrated because many of the players stay in their domestic leagues. Totti (as much as he whines) is one of Italy's best players of all time, yet he will never be regarded by foreign fans that way because he stayed at Roma. That team in retrospect is incredible - every position is solid. The weakest player would probably be Grosso and he's a fullback, which is probably the least important position. Toni, Totti, Del Piero, early career Gilardino were absolute studs - two of Italy's best secondary strikers ever, and two top notch strikers. The midfield has Gattuto & Pirlo who are two of the best to ever play their roles. The defense was also legendary, despite Nesta being hurt. And of course - Gigi.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Had a dream (nightmare) last night that Barça won 4-1. I woke up genuinely gutted, and had to check the date to make sure it was all a dream... I'm not sure how I'll make it to Saturday!

(By Wednesday a tuna in a bowtie will be scoring the winner...)
@Hustini :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)