[CL] JUVENTUS 1-0 Monaco (April 14th, 2015) (51 Viewers)

MoM vs Monaco

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Bonucci

• Licht

• Evra

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Vidal

• Pereyra

• Morata

• Tevez

• Barzagli

Results are only viewable after voting.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Carvalho knew exactly what he was doing there. No chance at the ball, run across the player and hope to get lucky with contact. Absolute foul and probably a red card.
:agree:

The only reason I can see for not being a red card is that their as no guarantee that Morata was going to get on the end of the ball (although really looked like he would) so not a 100% goalscoring opportunity.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
How wrong was I regarding Pirlo. Really thought Monaco would sit back more but Jardim did a really good job surprising us. On the other hand his pass was decisive.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Carvalho knew exactly what he was doing there. No chance at the ball, run across the player and hope to get lucky with contact. Absolute foul and probably a red card.
No penalty as it seemed a few centimetres outside the box, but clear and obvious red card.

The ref obviously didn't want to hand out both and basically destroy the match. I'm okay with that. As I said before, I think he would have shown the red, if he called it outside the box and just a free kick.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Allegri said its virtually impossible to see Pogba return for the 2nd leg.
This. THere's no way. Recovering that quick from the hamstring injury is pretty much unprecedented. 50 days, would be around the 5th of May I believe. At the earliest I think we see him April 29th against Fiorentina coming off the bench... but May 2nd is more likely, in a sub role, just to get him on the pitch before the May 5/6 CL Semis if we progress.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
tough to pick a man of the match this time. evra was almost perfect, but not decisive. vidal was decisive, but far from perfect. so it has to be buffon.

happybum

Oct 23, 2014
This was reminiscent of Conte days vs. Copenhagen where the team couldn't open the scoring without a penalty. This team would look so much better playing on the counter than having to face defensive teams

juvefan27

Apr 17, 2012
People hating on Pirlo, he was instrumental in the goal, as well as Morata's volley miss, as well as launching an attack down the right when no-one picked up the cut-back.

Clearly a bit rusty after two months out, but even with a bit of rust he created some of our best chances!

Overall a decent performance, if far from great.

The important part is the clean sheet, as now they'll have to open up in the second leg and that doesn't suit them.

Even today, when they were solid and good on the counter we had at least four clear-cut chances. They had one golden chance (Carrasco) and one pretty decent one which Buffon saved at the near post.

They're decent, but limited, nothing I saw tonight made me fear we'll go out in the second leg.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)