[CL] JUVENTUS 1-0 Monaco (April 14th, 2015) (47 Viewers)

MoM vs Monaco

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Bonucci

• Licht

• Evra

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Vidal

• Pereyra

• Morata

• Tevez

• Barzagli

Results are only viewable after voting.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
This englisch commentators are so bad, i think they are monaco-fans
Monaco are the underdogs here. Most commentators tend to side with the underdog. It was the same with Polish guys. Last game against BVB they were creaming all over Juve, but this time they were mostly praising Monaco.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
tough call the first touch was outside, he could have called it either way good for us that it was a penalty
really cant blame the ref for the call considering where he was standing.i think it was penalty or better say literally just inside

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I'm still struggling to see the contact in the penalty. It looked very soft, the ref benefited us in some crucial plays.

Anyway, horrible performance, great result. Pereyra seemed to be our only chance of creating something, and Vidal did very well in the second half. Bonucci and Chiellini were great.

And now I'm more sure that we desperately need 2 full backs who can run and be aggressive. Evra and specially Litch hurt the team a lot offensively, one of the reasons we lack width.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It was, although I've no idea how that isn't a red card. I'd probably have preferred the red at the time, although in hindsight it's easier to say after Vidal scores, I wasn't that confident in him.
I wanted the red card most of all. When I first saw it, I thought red card and free kick. It was only the first replay where I thought, hey maybe that was in the box.

Carvalho out of second leg... A free kick that Pirlo or Tevez could have easily scored... And Monaco with 10 men for 40 minutes... I think that would probably have been better for us than just the penalty.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
no goals conceded, would have been great to score a second but I'll take it. Next game Monaco will open up more and hopefully we defend well and finalize those chances.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'm still struggling to see the contact in the penalty. It looked very soft, the ref benefited us in some crucial plays.
Basically it was one of those accidental trips where a player runs across another, it's unlucky but still a professional foul, because it's all about the forward getting ahead of his defender.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
The sort of game you kind of wished you just had the second, wont be easy but on the positive side we can hopefully now beat monaco in their own game - counter attack. 3-5-2 for some reason looked more assurring or simply the fact that monaco looked out of steam. Main thing is we didnt concede an away goal. Hopefully the boys will feel more relaxed and focused in the second leg as opposed to anxious and lost which they were in the first half. Whether its a pen or not who cares i shit my loads when vidal picked the ball up but really happy to see him score that and put the laid the haterz back to bed.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Anyway, horrible performance, great result. Pereyra seemed to be our only chance of creating something, and Vidal did very well in the second half. Bonucci and Chiellini were great.

And now I'm more sure that we desperately need 2 full backs who can run and be aggressive. Evra and specially Litch hurt the team a lot offensively, one of the reasons we lack width.

What? That was an excellent performance. We created far more chances. There was clear contact on the penalty. Monaco didn't even argue the contact, they just argued that it was outside the box. 9 times out of 10 that is a red card. And a red card and free kick there, which is what it should have been is better for us than a yellow and penalty, because we might have scored from great free kick spot, plus we have a man up for 40 minutes, plus Carvalho out for the next game.

If we finish our chances that match, we win 3-0 or 3-1.

juventus4life

Apr 21, 2012

I don't think it's a penalty either but I can't complain here.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Carvalho knew exactly what he was doing there. No chance at the ball, run across the player and hope to get lucky with contact. Absolute foul and probably a red card.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Thought we played a good game. We were too wasteful but controlled the game well.

Vidal was incredible, Buffon was crucial. Really liked Morata too.

1-0 is a good result in knockout stages at home. We have a good basis and Monaco will have to come at us more in the second leg.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
How did Monaco scored 3 vs Arsenal is beyond me. They were terrible. Equivalent of something like Inzaghi's Milan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)