[CL] JUVENTUS 1-0 Monaco (April 14th, 2015) (5 Viewers)

MoM vs Monaco

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Bonucci

• Licht

• Evra

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Vidal

• Pereyra

• Morata

• Tevez

• Barzagli

Results are only viewable after voting.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I trust Sturaro way more. If monaco is going to focus on counters, there is no way in hell that starting Pirlo is a good idea.
Monaco will dig in with a deep lying defence. Their scattered counters will be executed by few players, little to no gegenpressing to our CM until 15 meters away from their box.
This is not Dortmund rushing with 5 players at our CB. Pirlo will have plenty of time to wander around 50 meters from their goal to look for the pass.

Jul 20, 2012
Monaco will dig in with a deep lying defence. Their scattered counters will be executed by few players, little to no gegenpressing to our CM until 15 meters away from their box.
This is not Dortmund rushing with 5 players at our CB. Pirlo will have plenty of time to wander around 50 meters from their goal to look for the pass.
You've seen them play before? Honestly if Pirlo is set to play, I feel like Jardim will have him marked out of the game.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
You've seen them play before? Honestly if Pirlo is set to play, I feel like Jardim will have him marked out of the game.
Only the two games against Leverkusen, one against Arsenal and all league games after we drew them.

In my opinion they are very unlikely to score from open play, all their CL enemies were defensive idiots and still they scored only like 7 goals in 8 CL games. It is safe to say that even with a Pirlo as CM "weakspot" they dont have the quality to overcome the rest of our machinery. This will be a game of patience for us, with few to none chances for them. A setting where you don't want a Sturaro at all. Marking Pirlo? Leaves more space for Pereyra, Vidal, Tevez, Morata

Remember: We fans are not part of the team, nothing we say has influence on our team's performance. That's a disclaimer to avoid statements as "well if the players think like that we are doomed" It's the players' job to think and act differently.

DelPiero no10

Aug 19, 2013
Pirlo has to play IMO. We need his passing to spread the ball well enough in order to break down their bus. Don't see any reason to go with 3 at the back, that'll be vulnerable against their counters with our CB's having to cover some pretty fast players outwide. They play with Berbatov only uptop, so that will mean they aren't exactly going to put much pressure on our backline. Tevez is going to have to open them up in all honesty. What's important is that we open up the scoring, if we do that they'll be forced to open up and we can start carving them open. The longer we struggle to get the first one in, the tougher the tie is gonna be.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Pereyra will be/needs to be on double duty come Tuesday.

Kind of like Boateng tracking back to cover that slow-ass Milan midfield a few yrs ago in Milan's big CL ties.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Pirlo entering in 2nd half if its still 0-0 would be ideal.

Also, he needs to get benched so we can test his reaction, because next season he probably shouldn't start most of the games, at least in Europe. I have a feeling he will never accept to be regularly benched, and this could cause problems later on.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Questi i convocati di Leonardo Jardim per la sfida contro la Juventus:

PORTIERI: Caillard, Stekelenburg, Subasic;

DIFENSORI: Abdennour, Carvalho, Echiejile, Fabinho, Kurzawa, Raggi, Wallace;

CENTROCAMPISTI: Carrasco, Dirar, Kondogbia, Moutinho, Silva, Toulalan, Traoré;

ATTACCANTI: Berbatov, Germain, Martial, Matheus.

venus_isle

Sep 23, 2010
This is a high pressure match, someone with shit tons of experiences like pirlo can deal with this kind of match and i dont think choosing sturaro over pirlo is considered wise as well.

But at the end of the day ill trust allegri's choices cause hes the one who understands the team the most

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
"No other club in the world has this kind of effect to you" 0.32sec.Very true.

- - - Updated - - -

Mighty line up.We are gonna crush them.

- - - Updated - - -

Monaco squad for Juventus: Caillard, Stekelenburg, Subasic, Abdennour, Carvalho, Echiejile, Fabinho, Kurzawa, Raggi, Wallace, Carrasco, Dirar, Kondogbia, Moutinho, Silva, Toulalan, Traore, Berbatov, Germain, Martial, Matheus
I thought Carvalho is injured, Toulalan too.

- - - Updated - - -

Starting Pirlo is suicide.
No it is not.And Sturaro will get his first yellow up to the 10-th minute.We need Pirlo for this one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)