[CL] Juventus 1-0 Maccabi Haifa, Oct. 21st 2009 (2 Viewers)

CL Grp A Match 3: Juventus - Maccabi Haifa - Man of the Match

• SuperFriggingGigi Buffon

• Zebina

• Cannavaro

• Chiellini

• Grosso

• Sissoko

• Melo

• Camoranesi

• Diego

• Giovinco

• Trezeguet

• Cáceres

• Poulsen

• Amauri

• Ferrara

• Captain Rabih Fawaz

Results are only viewable after voting.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Can't believe we are playing desperate defensive football in the last mins against hafia. We are paradox to the Italian NT right now.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Buffon was great once again. My MoM, because in the end when everything else has failed he made the difference and secured all three points by himself!

Zebina was good but... he needs to be shipped out because of those injuries, we seriously need to move on!!

Caceres is not a man we may rely upon...

Canna is a king vs slow and inexperienced teams!

Grosso was good for a change!

Melo still not at his best, but the second time with his partnership with Sissoko was proved to be a step up to the previous one. I hope that fate wont steal us that dynamic duo with an injury again...

Sissoko is getting better by the minute and he gets involved in our offensive game too. If only he could pass the ball...

Camo is still frustrated for no good reason and this affects his efficiency a great deal. C mon, unleash the beast already!!

Giovinco was great today, MoM on the field, he was confident, creative and unstoppable! He was in the mood for great things and he was a joy to watch!
Hopefully Ferrara will work on that, its time to give him that control bursts of chances! We now the place and role that fits him the most!

Diego was brilliant too, maybe a bit too selfish at times, but he played like a professional and he was unlucky not to score just one of the many many great chances he got!

Treze ran a lot and missed a few chances, but i was stunned by the limited service he got.
I seriously expected him to have at least 50 goal scoring opportunities.
He wasnt a ghost thogh and it feels good to have him back.
He is one of the players that is greatly affected by DP's absence,
many elements of our team need our captain to start rolling!
Gio and Diego can be of great help, but we need a few calibrations more...

Ferrara felt what we need this time, both pre-game and during the battle.
Those were some essential points we bagged today and buy a lot of grace time for him...

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I liked what I saw with the Diego - Giovinco - Camo triumvirate, but we should really be beating these guys 3-0. Since Buffon was the man of the match without a doubt, we still have tons of problems -- finishing, defending, essentially everything.
Agreed with that. But you can't deny that we improved with this formation, this is coming from the guy who suggested to replace Ferrara, remember that! Sure nothing is solved, but the change of formation, playing Giovinco gave me a little more confidence for Ferrara..

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
4-2-3-1. gio diego camoranesi is the way to go. my only question is, if we stay with this formation, what will happen when del piero comes back? have him as a lone striker? or revert back to 4 3 1 2, to see how that works out when he's on the field. But if we do go back to that formation than where to put Giovinco? He showed what he could do when he's in position, he's nothing but a beast.
...Is going to be a real head beater for ferrera.:agree:

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
The new formation worked well. Less longballs and more on the ground passing into space. The final ball/cross was lacking, and we should have put this game beyond doubt much earlier.

Despite a good result, I am not entirely happy. I am disappointed yet again by how we approach European games. Against Bayern the plan was clearly to get a 0-0 result, and today we sat back on a 1 goal lead, despite having a man advantage and it being a game we absolutely had to win. Why are we taking these risks and making life so difficult for ourselves? Typical backwards Italian tactics. Enough with the cruise control. If not for Buffon, we would have been out of the CL after the 3rd round.

As for those being harsh on Diego, I strongly disagree. Rarely misplaced a pass, and played Grosso, Seba and Camo into space numerous times with clever through balls. Had those attacks turned into something we would be singing his praise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)