[CL] JUVENTUS 0-3 Real Madrid [April 3rd 2018] (26 Viewers)

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Buffon
Lichtsteiner - Barzagli - Chiellini - Alex Sandro
Khedira - Marchisio - Matuidi
Douglas Costa - Higuain - Mandzukic​

10 behind the ball at all times.

I'd bench Dybala for this one, sorry. But our defence and midfield are way too fragile to play with 2 CM's

Buy on AliExpress.com

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
More than the midfield, I'm worried about the flanks

Need to stop vazquez/asensio/carvajal/marcelo

Maybe play Sturaro on the right wing, Mandzu on left wing to support MDS/Licht and Asamoah

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Buffon

I'd bench Dybala for this one, sorry. But our defence and midfield are way too fragile to play with 2 CM's

You might want to reconsider. I'm the first to quote you. If you change your post, I'm willing to delete mine. No one ever has to know.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
You might want to reconsider. I'm the first to quote you. If you change your post, I'm willing to delete mine. No one ever has to know.
Yeah, I know it's unpopular to say but I really don't think we should consider ourselves on par with Real Madrid. They crushed us in the final due to a very naive approach. I'd go with a full defensive approach and keep a clean sheet. Rather go 1-0 or 0-0 than 2-1 or 2-2

Dox28

Aug 31, 2015
Yeah, I know it's unpopular to say but I really don't think we should consider ourselves on par with Real Madrid. They crushed us in the final due to a very naive approach. I'd go with a full defensive approach and keep a clean sheet. Rather go 1-0 or 0-0 than 2-1 or 2-2
But Dybala can create a chance out of nothing.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013

Maybe play Sturaro on the right wing, Mandzu on left wing to support MDS/Licht and Asamoah
How will we score goals with Mandzukic and Sturaro as wingers?

We may as well not even turn up with those players starting there

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
But Dybala can create a chance out of nothing.
True but he needs to play as a AMC/SS then, which means 2 cm's. I remember last time our midfield was crushed. I wouldn't take the risk.

As a winger it wouldn't be wise either, I don't think he can follow Marcelo up and down the entire time.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Concentration is important, but too much is counter-productive. We should be 60-70% concentrated at most.

Hitting them on the break as much as we can won't be enough; we'll need to do it more than that i.e. increase our capacity for break hitting. Only then will we have a chance.
I think hitting them on the break + trying to limit their possession as much as we can + make fouls often to break up their game will be the key

- - - Updated - - -

Buffon
Licht-Barza-Rugani-Asamoah
Sturaro-Khedira-Matuidi
Dybala
Costa-Higuain

:tuttosport:
I thought about D.Costa in that position before but the truth is he lacks the finishing ability needed to play this position
as for Dybala - I think this position is where he is playing at his best (for now)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
True but he needs to play as a AMC/SS then, which means 2 cm's. I remember last time our midfield was crushed. I wouldn't take the risk.

As a winger it wouldn't be wise either, I don't think he can follow Marcelo up and down the entire time.

Fear is the path to the dark side.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Buffon
Licht-Barza-Rugani-Asamoah
Sturaro-Khedira-Matuidi
Dybala
Costa-Higuain

:tuttosport:
1-3 :baus: :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

:howler: :rofl: Attacking threat -7000

- - - Updated - - -

Buffon

Pussy tactics. Great. We're playing @ home ffs!

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
https://football-italia.net/118842/casemiro-issues-costa-warning

What a classy cunt :touched: :heart:

- - - Updated - - -

ok genius, what would your proposed line up be?
A lineup that is more dynamic. The Accidental Footballer and Mandzukic on the wings is far too static; it's like inviting Madrid to attack you and rape you.

I'd go with a 4-3-3, or a 3-5-2, depending on whether Sandro is available or not. A back four comprised of De Sciglio, Benatia, Chiellini, and Asamoah. In midfield, I'd play Khedira (because he's going to start anyway), Marchisio, and Matuidi. A front 3 of Dybala, Costa and Higuain, with Sandro (if available) and Mandzukic coming off the bench if need be. Hopefully Berna can play 15-20 minutes, but that remains to be seen.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Casemiro to tell the world he will smash Costa, then proceed to foul him 3 times on a counter and receive one warning. :tuttosport:

Imagine if Dybala could suck it up and run 90 minutes on RW, then you could play 3 CMs and actually win the ball back against Madrid. :tuttosport:

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
https://football-italia.net/118842/casemiro-issues-costa-warning

What a classy $#@! :touched: :heart:

- - - Updated - - -

A lineup that is more dynamic. The Accidental Footballer and Mandzukic on the wings is far too static; it's like inviting Madrid to attack you and $#@! you.

I'd go with a 4-3-3, or a 3-5-2, depending on whether Sandro is available or not. A back four comprised of De Sciglio, Benatia, Chiellini, and Asamoah. In midfield, I'd play Khedira (because he's going to start anyway), Marchisio, and Matuidi. A front 3 of Dybala, Costa and Higuain, with Sandro (if available) and Mandzukic coming off the bench if need be. Hopefully Berna can play 15-20 minutes, but that remains to be seen.
Benatia suspended

Chiellini and Sandro most likely injured

Dybala cant play wing and costa doesnt provide much defensive support as was witnessed against spurs at wembley (barza alone against son)

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Buffon

Yes let’s bench our most talented player in the biggest game of our season, wonderful plan :baus:

If Chiellini is back and Sandro is out, I can definitely see us reverting back to a 3-5-2 for this one.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I had a dream last night that i was watching this upcoming CL final. We were playing against a heavily favoured Bayern team and nobody was giving us a chance. We had eeked our way through 1/4s and 1/2s and i didnt believe we had any chance. I didnt want to watch us lose another final so i was kinda half paying attention and suddenly were 2-0 up, playing amazing counter attacking footie frontline of Costa-Higgy-dybala was cutting them to pieces. Bayern scored one but we then went all out on them and scored twice again to end 4-1. It was incredible, bayern had most of the ball but everytime we got it looked like a potential goal. Drunkturo stormed off in a rage and Higuain lifted the trophy for our team photo. The next day all of my friends (muricans, they dont watch football ever) were wearing juve shirts.

It was glorious then i woke up to what sounded like a live cat being eaten by a raccoon outside my window. Never did find out what it was

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Benatia suspended

Chiellini and Sandro most likely injured

Dybala cant play wing and costa doesnt provide much defensive support as was witnessed against spurs at wembley (barza alone against son)
Barza and Rugani in defense. I forgot Benatia is suspended :sergio: :sigh: I still think Chiellini will make it, and it'll be Chiellini and Barza as our starting CBs. We don't need defensive support from our wingers if we line up with 3 in midfield, with Matuidi being one of them. What's the point of defensive support if you're impotent going forward? Mandzukic and The Accidental Footballer as wingers is ugly and ineffective. Higuiain and Dybala will be starved of service all game that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)