[CL] Juventus 0-2 Barcelona [October 28th, 2020] (4 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
It's not that bad tbh. Dest is pretty damn good, Alba is experienced and Lenglet is 50-50. It's actually the lack of work morale up in the pitch, that makes their defense "vulnerable".

Should not underestimate them, even they ain't in a great form.
Dest is good in attack, as is Alba. Neither are good defensive fullbacks. Araujo is a kid (as is Dest). Only Lenglet is particularly good defensively in that backline.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Dest is good in attack, as is Alba. Neither are good defensive fullbacks. Araujo is a kid (as is Dest). Only Lenglet is particularly good defensively in that backline.
Dest was their man of the match against RM on saturday. His defensive contributions were way better than attacking. Barca never plays as an unit anymore, they leave way too much for their defenders and that's why it might look shaky at the times. I'd take Alba + Dest vs Danilo + Cuads for sure.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Dest was their man of the match against RM on saturday. His defensive contributions were way better than attacking. Barca never plays as an unit anymore, they leave way too much for their defenders and that's why it might look shaky at the times. I'd take Alba + Dest vs Danilo + Cuads for sure.
We disagree. I watched the clasico, their motm was clearly Fati for me.

Dest faced a hopeless Vinicius, he wouldn't fare the same way facing Cristiano Ronaldo. Even Vinicius found himself in many good positions but his final ball is always terrible. Anyway Madrid took 9 shots on target at the Camp Nou, this wasn't in any way a game where their defenders came out proud.

Both Dest and Alba push up high, if you attack their wings they have stay back more and it weakens their attack a lot. Pirlo's use of Chiesa and Cuadrado is encouraging for this. Still, both Chiesa and Alba will leave tons of space behind themselves in the match. The difference is that for this we have 3 defenders staying further back for cover, while Barca's only has 2.

Their double pivot is De Jong-Busquets. The way Barca is set up they really don't protect their goal much, they rely on their attack deterring opponents from going forward in numbers. Usually Ter Stegen is a huge help, now he is missing for Neto.

We have our shaky backline as well, so there will be chances for both teams. My point was that we aren't any less ready than Barca. And that if Ronaldo does make it, I expect him to take advantage of the spaces he will find. I think it will also be the type of game that favors Morata with the more open spaces to run into.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Dest hasnt convinced me but he is very young.
Alba is ok and nothing more
Cuad is actually very good and this season Danilo forgot he sucks...

Present time we win - long term yeah they have a better future 2 vs 2..

This game for me is indication if we can handle being attacked and also hit back.

As for prediction - 2-1
Morata from Chiesa assist and Kulu with the second
Fati will score from a Messi gem
(Ronaldo Covid)

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
We disagree. I watched the clasico, their motm was clearly Fati for me.

Dest faced a hopeless Vinicius, he wouldn't fare the same way facing Cristiano Ronaldo. Even Vinicius found himself in many good positions but his final ball is always terrible. Anyway Madrid took 9 shots on target at the Camp Nou, this wasn't in any way a game where their defenders came out proud.

Both Dest and Alba push up high, if you attack their wings they have stay back more and it weakens their attack a lot. Pirlo's use of Chiesa and Cuadrado is encouraging for this. Still, both Chiesa and Alba will leave tons of space behind themselves in the match. The difference is that for this we have 3 defenders staying further back for cover, while Barca's only has 2.

Their double pivot is De Jong-Busquets. The way Barca is set up they really don't protect their goal much, they rely on their attack deterring opponents from going forward in numbers. Usually Ter Stegen is a huge help, now he is missing for Neto.

We have our shaky backline as well, so there will be chances for both teams. My point was that we aren't any less ready than Barca. And that if Ronaldo does make it, I expect him to take advantage of the spaces he will find. I think it will also be the type of game that favors Morata with the more open spaces to run into.
Every defense would look like below average in front of those jogging bastards up there at Barca. Atleast they had the juniors there will little better work-morale, but if you have Messi on there, then you have Busquets who just can't cut it anymore and Coutinho, who isn't exactly known for his defensive contributions, you just got no legs. I actually feel bad for their defensive players, who are working extra time every match. Also, Neto vs Ter Stegen isn't that big of a difference really.

They have quality players, they just lack the effort. There's no feel of an unit in there. I'd not even play Messi if i was Koeman or i'd just play him for 60mins. They should have Griezmann-Fati-Dembele against us, Coutinho below them. They would have way more speed to go forward, to counter and they could defend better.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Messi is one of the greatest players in the history of football, don't underestimate his influence. We had limited opportunities against Verona and scored one goal, I don't see how we will get many more opportunities against Barcelona so a repeat performance of Sunday will end in a loss because the one thing Barcelona do well is attack.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Messi is one of the greatest players in the history of football, don't underestimate his influence.
If he gets close enough to the goal, he might sneak one in but other than that, he ain't going to give any troubles by walking. He tries to save all his energy to be good on 1v1's when enemy is exhausted but even still, he can't get past anybody. Should just accept the fact that he's slowing down and invest on the endurace, so he could play proper football even with the limited pace.

Jun 6, 2015
I'd look to utilise our more physically gifted players in this game. Barca have a tendency to struggle against teams that play with physicality and speed. They're especially vulnerable in transitions. If fit I'd put McKennie on Messi.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I'm not really too optimistic about this one but hopefully the recent little-by-little growth continues. Chiesa being back should make it more interesting.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Tek
Cuadrado - Demiral - Danilo - Frabotta
WesMac - Rabiot - Ramsey
Kulu44 - Morata - Ronaldo
If Ronaldo is still out play Chiesa instead. In defence another option is to play Wes as a CB and move Danilo to LB.
McKennie should definitely play, we need to win as many balls as possible and throw them off their game.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
What I feel that we try too hard to get the goals
Big teams can unlock their opponents easily, especially against teams like Crotone and Verona

Barcelona will get more than 3 goals against teams like that and close the games easily
But football is not mathematic, so we still have a chance against Barca, because we will see more space as they will not park the bus against us

I predict an open game where both teams secure important points so both can go to the next round
Maybe we will win at home and lost at away game. So both team will get 3 points each instead draw both games and getting 2 points each

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
We can play McKennie as CB too.

Possible options as Demiral partner: Bonucci, McKennie, Frabotta, Danilo, a U23 CB
Sadly, that last option isnt an option in this case. All of our players from U23 to the five year olds or whatever the lowest age team we have is isolated and dont play or train, our U23 team has the coach plus 8-9 players with positive tests for more than a week now, so the first team roster is all we have right now.

Now, if some U23 players are cleared with negative tests and if the UEFA protocol allows it, then yes, I guess they can join the first team and be used vs Barca, we should know that very soon...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)