[CL] Juve 3-1 Maccabi Haifa [October 5th, 2022] 15:00 EaSTern/+6 (2 Viewers)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
If we draw or lose this we are going to be in a really tough spot. I’m hoping for a win here so we can stay in it. Not coming out of the group stage will bring dark memories.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Di Maria is back for this one so I guess he plays from the start. What to do with Milik and Kostić who had great games vs Bologna?

442 with Di Maria and Kostić wide? Who's in the middle then? Paredes-Loca? Paredes-Rabiot? 433 and Milik off the bench?

Weird having a decent option or two to choose from.

petszata

Jul 7, 2020
defo Milik bench. 433 in CL is should be preferable tactic. afte HT or when we lead with two goals we should change Dusan. So both Milik and Dusan can have some rest before the tough game on Sat. Macabi is an easy, beatable team and we should cement at least 3rd position after the two games with them. Easy win - 3-0 3-1 2-0! Di Maria with goal here!

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
defo Milik bench. 433 in CL is should be preferable tactic. afte HT or when we lead with two goals we should change Dusan. So both Milik and Dusan can have some rest before the tough game on Sat. Macabi is an easy, beatable team and we should cement at least 3rd position after the two games with them. Easy win - 3-0 3-1 2-0! Di Maria with goal here!
Famous last words

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
If we win 7-0 Allegri stays.

If we win 1-0, who cares anyway, we're already out of CL.
We are not already out
Chances arent on our favor but we need the following:
Win against Maccabi home and away - Very doable
Win against Benfica away - Tough but doable
At least draw against PSG at home - Considering its the last game PSG would already qualify for the next stage and should be more relaxed - doable.

What we need in order for this to happen are:
1. Di Maria to play against Benfica - In about 10 minutes he played against Benfica he created but I think it was Bremer who missed.
2. Attitude - We should play more like against Bologna (90 minutes of concentration and not just 20 minutes)
If both terms are fulfilled we might not be favorite to qualify but we do have a chance.

The thing that makes us feel like we are already out are the loss against Benfica at home and our form.
If we get an away win against them we are both in the same situation in which the other games decide.

Benfica will struggle against Maccabi away IMO (although they might still win it)
Benfica will struggle a lot against PSG away and I see them getting a max of 1 point against PSG in worst case scenario (for us).
It puts Benfica at 8-10 points IMO
We with 3 wins and a draw - 10 points
I expect PSG to demolish Benfica at home while the away game will be much closer.

I just wonder what happens if we beat Benfica and then end level with them on 2nd place - Who is going through in this scenario?
Head to head - Are away goals relevant?
Overall goal deficit?

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Milik unbenchable

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
We're always shite with 4-3-3. 3-5-2 with Milik, Vlahovic, Kostic, and Di Maria. Why would you bench Milik when it's clear that Vlahovic needs him close by? Last game was good, the players don't need confusing tomorrow.

Also, Haifa had a lot of chances against PSG, a draw would've been fair to them.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
We are not already out
Chances arent on our favor but we need the following:
Win against Maccabi home and away - Very doable
Win against Benfica away - Tough but doable
At least draw against PSG at home - Considering its the last game PSG would already qualify for the next stage and should be more relaxed - doable.

What we need in order for this to happen are:
1. Di Maria to play against Benfica - In about 10 minutes he played against Benfica he created but I think it was Bremer who missed.
2. Attitude - We should play more like against Bologna (90 minutes of concentration and not just 20 minutes)
If both terms are fulfilled we might not be favorite to qualify but we do have a chance.

The thing that makes us feel like we are already out are the loss against Benfica at home and our form.
If we get an away win against them we are both in the same situation in which the other games decide.

Benfica will struggle against Maccabi away IMO (although they might still win it)
Benfica will struggle a lot against PSG away and I see them getting a max of 1 point against PSG in worst case scenario (for us).
It puts Benfica at 8-10 points IMO
We with 3 wins and a draw - 10 points
I expect PSG to demolish Benfica at home while the away game will be much closer.

I just wonder what happens if we beat Benfica and then end level with them on 2nd place - Who is going through in this scenario?
Head to head - Are away goals relevant?
Overall goal deficit?
I’m surprised you are thinking this far ahead. I’d only start calculating possible permutations if we can actually beat Maccabi Haifa, which is not a given by any means. I believe we will actually draw at least one of the two games against them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)