CL: Galatasaray - Juventus Postponed (1 Viewer)

gigi's twin

Mar 5, 2003
I agree with Fliakis, they should play this match in an other country! The security of the teams is the most important! I don't understand UEFA! Why they think, that the situation will be better on the 2nd of December, if there were attacks in a 4 days period two times? :confused:

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
Friends,
I don't wanna risk anthing, that has something to do with My Old Lady.

Bush's second dog Berlusconi, behind Blair, played an importent roll in War against Irak, so Al-Qaida or whoever they are, will be looking for this opportunity.

So Let don't play this match, sinds we are already qualified.

If we don't play then beside losing the game by 3-0, UEFA will also fine us.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I agree, why wait and still play it in Turkey? It's not like all the tensions and terrorist attacks in the world are going to stop after a week...

play it in neutral territory.

Anyone remember something like this happening with Chelsea and Hapoel Tel Aviv? I think 5 of the Chelsea players refused to travel...:groan:

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
Yeah, i would like this game to be played in a neutral country too. I think that even though we have qualified, they wills till make us play this match just to have the stats

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
i agree, play in neutral ground....or better yet, at Delle Alphi.....:D:D

i also love the fact that we're facing inter with "fresher legs".....:cool: so we MUST win that game.....

OP
Dragon

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #28
    The Coppa Italia match against Siena match has been rescheduled to Nov. 25th, in the Artemio Franchi stadium in Siena. The return leg will be played in Delle Alpi Dec. 18th.

Here is the calendar from juventus.com:

Partite d'andata

Martedì 25 novembre
    Siena-Juventus, ore 21

Mercoledì 3 dicembre
    Bologna-Udinese, ore 14, Rai Sat
    Venezia-Parma, ore 16, Rai Sat
    Modena-Lazio, ore 18, Rai Due
    Sampdoria-Milan, ore 21.10, Rai Uno

Giovedì 4 dicembre
    Chievo-Perugia, ore 15.30, Rai Sat
    Roma-Palermo, ore 18, Rai Due
    Inter-Reggina, ore 21, Rai Tre

Partite di ritorno

Martedì 16 dicembre
    Perugia-Chievo, ore 15, Rai Tre

Mercoledì 17 dicembre
    Parma-Venezia, ore 14, Rai Sat
    Lazio-Modena, ore 16, Rai Sat
    Palermo-Roma, ore 17.30, Rai Due
    Reggina-Inter, ore 21, Rai Due

Giovedì 18 dicembre
    Juventus-Siena, ore 14.15, Rai Uno
    Udinese-Bologna, ore 17.30, Rai Due
    Milan-Sampdoria, ore 20.45, Rai Uno

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
    It seems that we have something with Turky specially with Galatasaray!

Few years age there was also some problems arround Ochalan( I don't know if you spell it like that). We played a good game, it was a draw, Conte scored the only goal for us but Gala. equalized in 90 min.

But I hope this time we don't have to play there

OP
    Dragon

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #31
    Dortmund date for Galatasaray
    Thursday, 27 November 2003
    UEFA has announced that the UEFA Champions League Group D match between Galatasaray SK and Juventus FC will be played on Tuesday 2 December at the Westfalenstadion in Dortmund, Germany.

Matches moved
    The game was scheduled to be played two days ago, but was postponed along with two other European club matches due to take place on Turkish soil. The decision was made following the recent terrorist attacks in Istanbul on the 15 and 20 November.

Positive discussions
    After positive discussions with the clubs and national association involved, the Galatasaray-Juve fixture was moved to Dortmund, with a 20.45CET kick-off. UEFA Chief Executive Gerhard Aigner said: "We are very happy that following excellent co-operation between UEFA, the Turkish FA and the home club involved, we have found a suitable neutral venue for the rescheduled match."

Other games
    Mr Aigner added that "in due course we will also be able to announce the venue for the other two rescheduled matches" - Besiktas JK against Chelsea FC in the Champions League, and Maccabi Haifa FC's UEFA Cup tie against Valencia CF.

'Necessary move'
    "We regret the move to neutral venues is necessary, due to the current security circumstances, however in the interests of the safety and security of players, participants and fans we felt it appropriate," Mr Aigner continued. "It goes without saying that UEFA shares in the sorrow and sympathy for the victims of the bomb attacks and for the people of Turkey at this time."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)