[CL] FC Bayern Munich - Juventus FC (15 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
wassup...the last moth i was without internet buit im back,,

i has been chkiung alll the latest games of course.

im happpy for the juve qualfication...and well,,,we did it :D

Aug 1, 2003
Think we struggled when we came into the game - Bayern looked very determined, and had they scored their disallowed goal (it looked legitimate to me) think we would've faced a defeat. However must not dwell on the past, Buffon did some good saves to deny the german team and as time passes Juventus got more and more into the game and held more possession, no more of their silly passes like at the start of the game. Zlatan looked like the only person who was very much determined to actually attack and score. He was very good to get through those 2 defenders and shoot for himself (ever so selfish he ignored Camo's signal to cross, but what the hell :D ) and luckily DP was there and I really liked his celebration. Buffon was superman to get that slight touch on Makaay's ball but either way wouldn't make a difference we would still qualify. Must say, poor, poor Bayern, but the true highlight of the game was after the game when Buffon came running and hugged Zlatan, really loved that. :heart:

Aug 1, 2003
I dont get it - how can he be offside if the ball came of Cannavaro, not a fellow Munich player? you mean he was offside when the ball hit the bar? but the ball was not passed to him. sorry. a bit confused :confused:

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #737
    ++ [ originally posted by sehnsucht79 ] ++
    I dont get it - how can he be offside if the ball came of Cannavaro, not a fellow Munich player? you mean he was offside when the ball hit the bar? but the ball was not passed to him. sorry. a bit confused :confused:
    It doesn't matter who the ball came off, since it wasn't exactly a 'pass' from Cannavaro. It's a bit like the own goal rule. It's not called an own goal if a player takes a shot and it deflects off a defender, since the defender didn't apply the original force to the ball that sent it goal bound.

Think about it; imagine if the offside rule wasn't called if a defender got the last touch. Then the best playmaker in the world would be the player who could skillfully deflect a pass off a defender and make it bounce into the path of his teammate in an offside position.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)