[CL] FC Bayern Munich - Juventus FC (16 Viewers)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
hargreaves isn't exactly the paciest player in the world and zambrotta didn't even close him down after he was beaten.

zambrotta's awareness as a defender is a problem.he should take Zalayeta's lead - learn from Cannavaro and Thuram and work on it.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #703
    ++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
    thats it..this will be my last champion league football untill february....these 4.30 AM kickoffs are too taxing for non competetive matches...
    so you have coverage of the matches but you choose not to watch them? :mute:

I have to wake up at that time just to read the Eurosport commentary :groan:

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
    Dec 20, 2002
    It was the first time I was able to see a Juventus match this season and I have to admit, I had no idea we were this good.

The whole team was so compact and we rarely made mistakes. And when you see the camera get a close-up of our players, you could see the determination and concentration that they give to the game. They were really focused and nothing would ever make them give the ball away cheaply.

They were organized like soldiers in defense and as compact as diamond.

Emerson showed me how great he was, just as the way you guys described him.

Blasi was a bit invisible but he shows a lot of potential because he could fit in and not make too much mistakes.

Cannavaro. I know Cannavaro from his days in Inter but the Cannavaro we have now seems like a totally different player. He's even better than his Azzurri form. His grit and determination to get the ball away from the opposition is so sharp that he really goes for the ball and almost always gets it.

The biggest surprise for me was how great Zlatan was. We were just throwing the ball at him from long range and he could control it no matter how hard or awkward the pass would be. He has great control for such a big man. And his feet, damn they are VERY QUICK FEET! It reminds me of the Old Del Piero in his youth. For me, Zlatan is a mixture of Trez & Del Piero in one. And the way he made his way through defenders amazed viewers and sends shockswaves throughout all the defenders in Europe.

I am really impressed with the way Capello has re-organized this team into another winning machine.

Hopefully, this will be the start of the Juventus Dynasty in Europe. If ever there's any team that is capable of doing this in the last decade, this squad is the perfect match. This squad can go places and make their mark in Europe for a long long time to come.

Juvefreak

Aug 25, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Maresca78 ] ++
    I was in the olympic stadium... It was great, it was like a dream to see all the juve players.. and these great juve fans.. there were about 15-20 thousend of juve fans........... Juve can play there home games in Germany.. I travelled 350 km to munich..
    I think Zambrotta did not play good in the first half, but he was ok in the 2nd..
    I travelled 550 km :cool: :D
    But the atmosphere of Juvefans were really good...

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    I was in the olympic stadium... It was great, it was like a dream to see all the juve players.. and these great juve fans.. there were about 15-20 thousend of juve fans
    15 000 - 20 000 Juvefans in Germany last night? Please. 20 000 fans are not even in Delle Alpi.

Juvefreak

Aug 25, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++

15 000 - 20 000 Juvefans in Germany last night? Please. 20 000 fans are not even in Delle Alpi.
    No, it weren't as much, but there were really many fans of Juve!! I think about 8000-10000..

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    This is the kind of game that deserves to have had a winner with the loser having their hearts broken in the end.

I mean shame on both sides for playing for a bore draw when they know loads of ppl spent their well earned cash to see 2 "giants" entertain them.

I hate teams who start a game lookng not to be beat, instead of trying to win a la Arsenal at Old Trafford, Milan at Barcelona and both of these 2 todaY AND ITS ALWAYS SWEET WHEN YOU GET YOUR HEART gets broken at the end.

Credit to a few individuals who imo played very well and at least tried to be positive

Emerson is just what the doctor ordered and has been immense so far, Blasi was work rate personified and even though Thuram and cannavaro take a lot of deserved credit, this guy, Blasi, works his socks off to defend our goal

Camoranesi, I have given a lot of stick in the past but against Chievo(another yawn) and again last nite was brilliant, at least he tried to take the fight to the visitors

Ibrahimovic was first class, always busy, took on every responsibility as a striker, it didnt matter if he had 5 guys on his back , he tried to take em all on. Did he have a choice? No, why, because his so called strike partner decides to hide in the game

I was so disgusted with Dp's play last nite, but I didnt realise he had flu and I didn't see the first half, but to give up on taking a free kick in that position, and you are the captain, was cowardly.

Then he comes up with a tap in, the kind he missed in the first game, as Kahn decided that he ought to spill another to Dp, but this time he scores and everything is seemingly alright with the world

The off course Zambrotta and Cannavaro decide to dodge a ball like Thuram did in the first game to the same player Makaay and he too misses even if Buffon deserves some credit, Makaay ought to have buried that.

Well like I said one of these teams deserved to suffer heartbreak and good it was Bayern

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    I was in the olympic stadium... It was great, it was like a dream to see all the juve players.. and these great juve fans.. there were about 15-20 thousend of juve fans........... Juve can play there home games in Germany.. I travelled 350 km to munich..
    I think Zambrotta did not play good in the first half, but he was ok in the 2nd..

forza juve
    forza Del piero
    forza Buffon
    Lucky Bastard :D

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++

Well i wont be surprised if they were that much, Lot of juve fans around the world

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

Well i wont be surprised if they were that much, Lot of juve fans around the world
    same thing happen in italy, juve has more fans in the stadium when they are playing away games.:down:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    My ratings:

Buffon 7.5: Incredible saves.

Pessoto 6: Very solid

Thuram 6: Good

Cannavaro 7: Great defending

Zambrotta 6.5: His first half he wasn't that good, Hargreaves sprinted past him more than once. His second half was great though, great runs and skills and amazing defending. I saw a Zambo of old in the second half.

Camoranesi 7.5: Incredible match for our often critisized winger, most attacks came through his feet and skills. Some great passes and especially good dribbles. He did what he does most of the matches, but this time everything worked when he tried it. Camo under Capello has also become a hard worker, helping in defence and fighting for the ball.
    This guy can trully be excellent.

Emerson 7: A real midfield general, great ball winning talents, defending, and positioning. Great dribbles and passes, this guy oozes with confidence he just barges through the centre of the most crowded areas with no troubles. Half of the opposing players don't dare touch him and the rest can't do anything effective.

Blasi 6.5: A real fighter, goes for every ball. Especially liked one moment near the end of the match: He first made a mistake, he lost the ball trying to dribble and bayern could counter and Blasi sprinted across the entire pitch to try and win the ball back and so he did!

Nedved 6- : Not bad, but so quiet. Was better in the last 30 minutes which saved his performance.

Del Piero 6.5+ : I really liked his performance, had a quiet first 10 minutes. But was good afterwards. Always came back to the midfield to collect the ball. Nice tricks, went past Bayern players great passes from one flank to another. He also looked more confident than at the start of the season. What a contrast was this match for him in comparison to the home-leg against Bayern.
    I also really liked his playmaking moments in this game, this guy IS back.
    DP faded a bit the last 15 minutes, but only to return with a bang: 0-1.

Zlatan 6.5+: He was terrible in the first half, always offside moaning to his teammates because their brilliant throughballs ( Emerson, Camo and DP's) were passed to 'late'.
    His tricks didn't work and wasn't dangerous.
    His second half was a different story altogether though, worked hard and dribbled very nicely. And ofcourse ones of those dribbles led to the goal.

--------------------
    My grades may be a bit high, but I really liked our second half perfomance in a tight game.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
    ok,now,whoever denies we are the best,he's a simple loser,or just way too jelous!!!!!!

they showed here insted of 45 mins each half,they showed 25 mins each,so i can say i had a good look of the match!

i wasn't veeeeeery impressed,but we were good.

our defence kicks ass,but our offense still needs to attack a bit more....
    we can't win ALL the matches by 1-0 result...we are not GREECE :D

but still....we remain unbetatble,we haven't conceeded 1 single goal for like,4-5 matches,and we keep going....

FORZA JUVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 26, 2003
    IMO Zambrotta did ok, lets not forget that he was injured and that he is a player that nearly never gets a break!!! and in 2nd half he was class!!!

Del Piero, as said from someone he tried to get the ball in the midlefield was very hardworking, nice passes and of course the important goal especially for him i think!!!

and Zlatan this guy is fantastic, ok he might be sometimes in offside but you must see we play the ball very often long to the top and he nearly gets very ball and dribbles past 2-3 players, his skills are worldclass, i am happy to have him!!!

Vale

Sep 12, 2004
    GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT

Buffon 7.5; Pessotto 5.5, Thuram 6, Cannavaro 7.5, Zambrotta 6; Camoranesi 6, Emerson 6, Blasi 6, Nedved 5; Ibrahimovic 7, Del Piero 6.

TUTTOSPORT

Buffon 7; Pessotto 6, Thuram 6, Cannavaro 6.5, Zambrotta 6; Camoranesi 6.5, Emerson 6.5, Blasi 6, Nedved 6; Ibrahimovic 6.5, Del Piero 6.5.

CORRIERE DELLO SPORT

Buffon 7; Pessotto 6, Thuram 7, Cannavaro 7, Zambrotta 6; Camoranesi 6, Emerson 7, Blasi 6.5, Nedved 5.5; Ibrahimovic 7.5, Del Piero 6.5.

LA STAMPA

Buffon 8; Pessotto 6.5, Thuram 6, Cannavaro 7.5, Zambrotta 5.5; Camoranesi 6, Emerson 6.5, Blasi 5.5, Nedved 6; Ibrahimovic 7, Del Piero 6.

CORRIERE DELLA SERA

Buffon 7.5; Pessotto 6, Thuram 6.5, Cannavaro 6.5, Zambrotta 6; Camoranesi 6.5, Emerson 6.5, Blasi 6, Nedved 6; Ibrahimovic 6.5, Del Piero 6.5.

LA REPUBBLICA

Buffon 7.5; Pessotto 6.5, Thuram 5.5, Cannavaro 7.5, Zambrotta 5.5; Camoranesi 6, Emerson 6.5, Blasi 6, Nedved 6.5; Ibrahimovic 7.5, Del Piero 5.5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)