[CL] FC Bayern Munich - Juventus FC (20 Viewers)

Aug 26, 2003
oh nice victory!!! i didn't expect that we win the game, but we are doing fine at the moment!!!

I think we are still not at our best and if we put a little bit of pressure on Bayern they were nervous and we got some few chances, i think there is still potential in the team to do better, cause this match we were just sitting in the back for a long time!!

also IMO Buffon was man of the match, this man is so great and i just love him!!
defence was ok, some errors (the last with Canna and Zambrotta was very bad), but otherwise ok, i liked who we got back with a lot of players if we lose the ball!!!

in midlefield IMO Camo should play the ball more often and he loses it sometimes to easy, Nedved was not very spectacular! Blasi did his job ok, but not as good as in the 1 match against bayern!

Attack: IMO Del Piero is really trying hard he is taking the balls from the midlefield and had some nice passes and short dribblings, and also the goal he stand on the right place, I hope he continues like that and stays injury free!

than for me the 2nd man of the match, this guy is just great nearly every time he had to dribble past some Bayern players, was fouled very hard sometimes, and the dribbling for the goal was just fantastic, this is why i like this guy so much, he may be sometimes sealfish, but his skills are just WORLDCLASS!!!

Forza Juve!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
did we secure the first place guys ?
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Group C

Ajax-JUVENTUS 0-1
Maccabi Tel Aviv-Bayern Monaco 0-1
Bayern Monaco-Ajax 4-0
JUVENTUS-Maccabi Tel Aviv 1-0
Ajax-Maccabi Tel Aviv 3-0
JUVENTUS-Bayern Monaco 1-0
Bayern Monaco-JUVENTUS 0-1
Maccabi Tel Aviv-Ajax 2-1

JUVENTUS 12
Bayern Monaco 6
Ajax 3
Maccabi Tel Aviv 3

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
can someone tell why italians keep calling bayern munchen, bayern monaco?
I do not know, but also English, French people translate the names, and more so Spanish people.

xziz :eek:

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
from: http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/v4/l0/s22/e6885/sport_lng0_spo22_evt6885_sto654275.shtml

Group C: Del Piero delivers Juve

A last-minute Alessandro del Piero goal gave Juventus a dramatic 1-0 win over Bayern Munich in Wednesday's Champions League clash. The under-fire striker put Juve into the second round as he snapped up a close-range rebound after Oliver Kahn had spilled Zlatan Ibrahimovic's shot.

The Group C leaders preserved their 100 percent record with a fourth consecutive 1-0 win putting them into the second phase along with Lyon, Inter and Chelsea.

Bayern striker Roy Makaay had a glorious opportunity to equalise when he ran clear of the Juve defence in the dying seconds but goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon got the faintest of touches to his attempted lob in the last action of the match.

Bayern coach Felix Magath knew he faced an uphill task breaking down the visitors, who are unbeaten in all competitions this season, but believed it might bring the best out of his underperforming side. Apart from the finishing it almost did.

Owen Hargreaves was allowed space on the right and Bastian Schweinsteiger caused the visitors constant problems.

CRACKING DRIVE

Indeed, in an enterprising first half, the 20-year-old Schweinsteiger came closest to breaking the deadlock after 12 minutes with a cracking drive that beat Juve keeper Gianluigi Buffon, struck the bar and dropped right on the line.

In the ensuing melee, midfielder Hargreaves finally knocked the ball in but the goal was correctly disallowed, with more than one Bayern player offside.

In the 29th minute, Bayern had another good chance to take the lead, when the busy Schweinsteiger fed an open Makaay but the Dutchman, without a goal in five matches, was forced to hurry the shot and Buffon safely gathered.

For Juventus, midfielder Mauro Camoranesi was a lively presence on the right while giant Swede Ibrahimovic proved a handful for marker Lucio but was repeatedly thwarted by the offside trap.

Bayern began the second half in much the same vein, Makaay dragging one shot wide of Buffon, although Juve had a few more threatening moments. A Gianluca Zambrotta header went just wide and Pavel Nedved forced Kahn into a smart save 10 minutes from time.

The killer blow, in the last minute, was the result of fine work from Ibrahimovic to elude the defence, whose clever turn outwitted Hargreaves and Frings before the Swede drove goalwards from a tight angle.

But even then, Makaay had a great chance to equalise but his 92nd minute chip over Buffon produced a fine reaction save from the Italy keeper to break Bayern hearts.

ROMA TOTTERING

A last-gasp equaliser by striker Vincenzo Montella threw AS Roma a Champions League lifeline when they drew 1-1 with Bayer Leverkusen behind closed doors at the Olympic Stadium.

When Dimitar Berbatov flicked the ball over Traianos Dellas and chipped Carlo Zotti with just eight minutes left, the Bulgarian had seemed to condemn Roma to their fourth succesive defeat and elimination.

But two minutes into injury time Montella latched on to a Francesco Totti pass before firing past visiting keeper Hans-Jörg Butt to rekindle his side's faint hopes of progressing.

UEFA ordered the match to be played behind closed doors after Swedish referee Anders Frisk was injured by a coin thrown from the stands in Roma's opening Champions League match against Dynamo Kiev in September.

Eurosport - ih 03/11/2004

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #572
    ++ [ originally posted by JuveBoy ] ++
    It looks like he is wearing shoes in different order
    that's Zlatan-style :thumb:

Aug 26, 2003
    Bianconeri thank Buffon Wednesday 3 November, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabio Capello and Fabio Cannavaro thanked Gigi Buffon for their passage into the knockouts and look close to home for the other trophy contenders.

“We played well against a side that put us under real pressure during the first 20 minutes,” conceded the Coach. “Once they slowed down the tempo a little we became comfortable, although Gianluigi Buffon performed two really crucial saves.”

The world’s most expensive goalkeeper was called to keep out Claudio Pizarro and Roy Makaay in the first half, while he got a finger to the Dutchman’s last gasp effort.

“I appreciated the team spirit and work ethic on show tonight, plus qualifying so early allows us to relax a little and rotate the squad over the next few weeks.”

Juventus seemed relatively comfortable after that initial period of pressure and snatched the victory in the final minute to ensure their 100 per cent record remained intact. Only Chelsea and the Bianconeri have achieved that after four games.

“Tonight everyone played well against a very tough opponent,” continued Capello, “but above all this squad has real quality and at any moment they can turn the game. That includes the lad in goal!”

Bayern Munich seemed to be suffering the tension more, as shown by Oliver Kahn’s howler that gifted Alessandro Del Piero his goal.

“It’s nice to play without the pressure of a win at all costs, as that puts the strain on our opponents.”

Capello’s men have already matched one Champions’ League record, as Sparta Prague went without conceding a goal for four consecutive games in 2002.

“I always say that records go into the almanacs and that’s where they belong. All that matters is points and victories on their way to that trophy.”

Fabio Cannavaro has been a key factor in that defensive turnaround after reuniting with his ex-Parma teammates Lilian Thuram and Gianluigi Buffon.

“I think Thuram and I are now more experienced and make less mistakes,” noted Cannavaro, “even if in our Parma years we were a little faster and stronger. Buffon is an incredible player who improves with each season and is still only 26 years old. He has deserved the Balon d’Or for the last four or five years.”

Juve are now among the favourites to lift the Champions’ League trophy in May and Cannavaro looks close to home for the other contenders.

“We most fear the other Italian clubs and Barcelona, who are a cause for concern if they play the way they did against Milan. Chelsea and Arsenal are less of a worry, as I think the other teams I mentioned are more complete.”

Bayern Munich are nonetheless favourites to go through in second place following Ajax's shock defeat away to Israeli club Maccabi Tel-Aviv.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    I felt so good, when I saw how happy Del Piero was when he scored! Brings back all the 1000+ great memories!

I must say that I do not feel sorry for roma, since Totti acts like a jerk! he is as crazy dumb in the head as he is worldclass good, but that makes it even so hes just good :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)