[CL] FC Bayern Munich - Juventus FC (16 Viewers)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Ballack on revenge mission
Tuesday, 2 November 2004
By Andreas Alf in Munich

FC Bayern München playmaker Michael Ballack has called on his side to avenge the 1-0 defeat by Juventus FC on Matchday 3 of the UEFA Champions League when the two sides meet again at a sold-out Olympiastadion on Wednesday.

'Very enthusiastic'
Bayern have been struggling to hit top gear in the Bundesliga, but hope to put the disappointment of losing to VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach on Saturday behind them by beating the Group C leaders. "Our major problem has been the fluctuation between really good and really poor performances," Ballack said. "But without any doubt, we're very enthusiastic and want to beat [Juventus], to put ourselves in a strong position ahead of the last two group matches."

Perfect starts
Both sides got off to perfect starts, each beating Maccabi Tel-Aviv FC and AFC Ajax in their opening two matches. Bayern in particular impressed with a 4-0 thrashing of the Dutch champions at the Olympiastadion, but coach Felix Magath is not expecting such an open game against Juve.

'Better team'
"We all know Juve's style, it's no secret," Magath said. "They won't help us by trying to play with us. Their defence is strong so we must work hard. Our best chance [of winning] is by forcing their defenders to make mistakes. Juventus are one of my favourites to win the Champions League, but two weeks ago we were able to control them. We were the better team. It will be very difficult for Juve to play us."

Trio back
Torsten Frings (back), Andreas Görlitz (knee) and Hasan Salihamidzic (groin) are all expected to feature after passing fitness tests on Tuesday, and English international Owen Hargreaves also returns to the squad. But Magath will still be without Zé Roberto (concussion), Jens Jeremies, Roque Santa Cruz (both knee) and Sebastian Deisler (illness).

Del Piero doubtful[/B ]
Juventus coach Fabio Capello also has injury concerns as his side go in search of the victory that would ensure their place in the next round. French striker David Trezeguet is definitely out with a dislocated shoulder while Alessandro Del Piero is a major doubt after missing training because of fever. "We hope he'll be fit," Capello said. "It was a big surprise for all of us." Uruguayan striker Marcelo Zalayeta stands by.

Miserly defence
Juve have built their supremacy in Serie A on a miserly defence and they are the only team yet to concede a goal in the Champions League after three matches this season. They will be without defender Jonathan Zebina in Munich because of a muscle problem, but central defender Lilian Thuram is confident Alessandro Birindelli will prove an able replacement. "We are Juventus players," Thuram said. "In our squad, everybody should be able to replace any team-mate."

Pizarro threat
Capello is expecting Bayern to be a much tougher proposition in front of their home support, particularly with striker Claudio Pizarro back among the goals after injury. "There is one difference to the match two weeks ago," Capello said. "Claudio Pizarro will partner Roy Makaay. This is going to be very difficult for our defence." Makaay, in contrast, has not scored in his past six matches for Bayern.

Capello reserved
It was a moment of brilliance from Pavel Nedved that decided the first ever competitive meeting between the two sides on Matchday 3, but a surprisingly reserved Capello is taking nothing for granted this time around. "We will try to attack," he said. "Above all, we hope to get a good result. We have more points than Bayern, but that does not mean anything at this stage."

Buy on AliExpress.com

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
whatt the hell man man that sucks about alex, he just has noo luck at all. if he doesn't play tomorrow i will be very dissappointed.

Germans are very dangerous when they r looking for revenge. we should be extra cautious and blasi with emerson should put extra effort to help the defense.
they will try to apply pressure from the begining, daam u can read how magath is thinking and his tactics from the things he is saying.he says alot of **** ( we controled the last game) he makes me laugh.

i think that this match is perfect for alex,olivera,kapo, and even zlatan, they difference maker i think we will be the speed of our forwards or how fast they past and shoot. As long as the tempo is fast, we can beat them anyday.

forzaaa juveee 2-0

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
this player Ballack sucks cause he thinks that he's the best in the world & his team is much better then Juventus !!

wait for us Ballack !!
forza Juventus FC

Aug 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++

Trio back
Torsten Frings (back), Andreas Görlitz (knee) and Hasan Salihamidzic (groin) are all expected to feature after passing fitness tests on Tuesday, and English international Owen Hargreaves also returns to the squad. But Magath will still be without Zé Roberto (concussion), Jens Jeremies, Roque Santa Cruz (both knee) and Sebastian Deisler (illness).
okay :eek: how the hell concussion!!:eek:
thank God santa cruz isnt back yet! :D

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #191
    ++ [ originally posted by «ƒÕ®zå JüV€» ] ++
    :LOL:, why does it even surprise u..how big is their stadium anyways?
    It doesn't surprise me at all.. which is the annoying thing. For every other team in Europe, it's the norm to have a capacity crowd on a European night when a big team comes to visit (except Roma who have 0 supporters in the stadium :p)

++ [ originally posted by «ƒÕ®zå JüV€» ] ++
    okay :eek: how the hell concussion!!:eek:
    He got kicked in the head against (I think) Monchengladbach

Len

Feb 13, 2004
    Sold out Olympiastadion........ but only 18000 at the Delle Alpi........ Juve should be embarassed.....

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
    hey guys , why do u think that Capello signed for Juve ?!! i think that this issue needs a thread to be disscussed in . . .

Aug 27, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

It doesn't surprise me at all.. which is the annoying thing. For every other team in Europe, it's the norm to have a capacity crowd on a European night when a big team comes to visit (except Roma who have 0 supporters in the stadium :p)

He got kicked in the head against (I think) Monchengladbach
    hahah truue:LOL: good one about roma
    :eek: what is up with players and getting hit on the head..didnt aimar get hit aswell:eek:

Zlatanfan

Oct 12, 2004
    Well tonight zlatan and vdvaart will make the difference in both matches :D

bayern munchen - juventus 1-2 (makaay and zlatan 2*)
    Maccabi Tel Aviv - AFC Ajax 0-1 (Vd Vaart)

i'll pray for this :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)