[CL] Champions League 2014/15 (8 Viewers)

Who do you want us to face in 1/2?

• Barcelona

• Real Madrid

• Bayern

Results are only viewable after voting.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Yeah, it does. And to be honest, I'm actually more optimistic than ever. Usually, when we reach these finals, we're the favourites. Or at least not far off. This is kind of a new situation for us. I relish this opportunity.

The reason I reacted so angrily was because I felt my post was misunderstood. Ok, if you feel that I'm regarding Barca as favourites, you are correct. But I mean, come on, they are. There's no getting around that.

The essence of my post, though, was just to profess my love for my club. And it gave me a shitty feeling watching a mod stepping in saying my post was borderline infraction-worthy. I actually took a deep breath before I wrote it, and it was straight from the heart. All I wanted to say was that I'm proud of supporting a club that can celebrate a scudetto win no. 33 like there's no tomorrow. A club that can celebrate the Coppa Italia. A club that has a coach who reminds us of the little things ("Riccardo mixing the pasta") and how important they are.

For Barca, Real and Bayern, "just" winning the league or the domestic cup is a failure. It's not enough. And if you become like that, it stops being football. Nothing is ever good enough, and it's not fun anymore. It's a circus. It's a multinational corporation. It's bullshit.
Your post before this one was great. @Jem83 was completely heartfelt, and I identified 100%. Went to rep you but had to spread before giving it to you for some strange reason.

Looks like him for sure.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
You can join us, @Fred. Don't you want some of that sweet success? A real prize! You can have it too. Be part of it. You know you want to. Come on, nothing bad will happen. I promise.
I wish you guys luck and hope you win it, but like I said, I'm no Ian. Despite everything Arsenal are still the club of my life :heart:

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if we're as ignorant as other club fans (EPL, Barca, Real, etc). :D
Barca front 3 will cause us as many problem as they could, and i bet they will.
But it's final's, and football give us many example of david vs goliath, the victory not always favor goliath for sure.
Call me reasonable, but from my perspective odds is against us 40:60.
But anything could happen, and let's hope when its's over we have those bragging rights to call every one who insults, and disrespect this Juve.
You want an answer?

Here you go:

Allegri's team versus Messi

:snoop:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Oh Fred, i'm just saying, that was a massive shock back then, this barcelona side is obviously better, and this team allegri has is obviously better then the previous one.

Outside Camp Nou, they arent invulnerable

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Oh Fred, i'm just saying, that was a massive shock back then, this barcelona side is obviously better, and this team allegri has is obviously better then the previous one.

Outside Camp Nou, they arent invulnerable
I was actually kidding hence the smiley at the end, consider it a welcome back gift :p

They're not unbeatable by any stretch, of course not. Least not in a champions league final. Also Allegri beat them with an extremely lackluster Milan side, even if it was at the San Siro and he lost in the second leg, beating that Barcelona side even in one game should not be taken lightly.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I think Allegri showed at Milan that a great tactical can beat Barcelona without world class players, when they play to their maximum.

Offcourse, there is a luck factor, and i think that could prove decisive here. Barcelona got exceptionally much ability to score from nowere

As i said at the semi final draw. Barcelona is absolutely the last team to face in a knockout, cause of Camp Nou, but a different story on neutral ground. And i'm confident our fans will be louder aswel.

First 30 minutes will be key. If they struggle to create and dont score, confidence will grow massively for juventus. If they score early, it will be hard cause of their lethal counter

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I think Allegri showed at Milan that a great tactical can beat Barcelona without world class players, when they play to their maximum.

Offcourse, there is a luck factor, and i think that could prove decisive here. Barcelona got exceptionally much ability to score from nowere

As i said at the semi final draw. Barcelona is absolutely the last team to face in a knockout, cause of Camp Nou, but a different story on neutral ground. And i'm confident our fans will be louder aswel.

First 30 minutes will be key. If they struggle to create and dont score, confidence will grow massively for juventus. If they score early, it will be hard cause of their lethal counter
Agreed on all counts.

May 19, 2015

The perception is that Barca are favourites, but it's a one off game at a neutral stadium.Personally I think it's more like 50/50.I don't think there will be many goals, probably be decided by the odd goal in a close game.

Someone posted earlier predicting Juve to win 4 or 5-1, I can't see that happening.I'd predict Barca to win 2-1, in a tightly fought game.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
The perception is that Barca are favourites, but it's a one off game at a neutral stadium.Personally I think it's 50/50.I don't think it there will be many goals, probably be decided by the odd goal in a close game.

Someone posted earlier predicting Juve to win 4 or 5-1, I can't see that happening.I'd predict Barca to win 2-1, in a tightly fought game.
Don't take everything you see here too seriously :) Every second post is sarcasm/trolling/inside joke etc.
I'd say Barca are clear favourites in the final, but we can still make it if our game plan works out. Our chance is that Barca outside of Camp Nou is not so dominant. Would be great if ref manages not to commit any mistakes, because every small detail will be important.

May 19, 2015
Don't take everything you see here too seriously :) Every second post is sarcasm/trolling/inside joke etc.
I'd say Barca are clear favourites in the final, but we can still make it if our game plan works out. Our chance is that Barca outside of Camp Nou is not so dominant. Would be great if ref manages not to commit any mistakes, because every small detail will be important.
Am not fussed about trolling etc, just looking forward to the game...

The first goal could be pivotal, if you score first, then we will have to push which could leave gaps at the back (flanks).Vice versa.

And yeah, let's hope the ref has a decent game and doesn't spoil the show !

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

:tup:
+ We got some of those.

I’m convinced we will score. their devence is a joke to me.
Alves is past it, Pique has never been that good in the first place
and Alba is more like a winger forced to play LB.
...but their front three might be able to rescue them.

for some reason I dont see a 1:0 or 0:1, i think there will be at least 4 goals.
both teams to score.

just make sure we score more than them.
@Alvaro @carlito ;)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
You said the same about madrid all the fucking time, and voted against juventus in the vbookie, how did that turn out and what did you learn ?

Its 40-60, and we are going to win it.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
You said the same about madrid all the fucking time, and voted against juventus in the vbookie, how did that turn out and what did you learn ?

Its 40-60, and we are going to win it.
If you can check other vbookie events i never bet on Juve. This way if we win i'm happy and don't care about the money, if we lose i have some $.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Shut up :D I joined there five years ago and couldn't think of a username. But yeah, sorry about some arrogant posters on there, the ones who post that stuff are usually people who hate Serie A and think it's boring and the only true way to play football is like Barca. There are some level headed people on there too though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)