[CL] Champions League 2014/15 (8 Viewers)

Who do you want us to face in 1/2?

• Barcelona

• Real Madrid

• Bayern

Results are only viewable after voting.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Platini says FFP rules will be more relaxed

Uefa could be set to relax its Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations, with president Michel Platini admitting a decision will be made in June.

The rules, which were first implemented in 2011, forbid clubs from spending beyond their means, with significant fines, squad limits and suspensions enforced across the Champions League and Europa League for those guilty of breaching the designated guidelines.

But the Uefa chief has told RTL that Europe’s governing body has agreed to review the agreed boundaries and could well decide to allow a relaxation of the financial controls.

“I think the regulations that have been made are fine, but FFP was voted in by the clubs,” Platini explained.

“The French press have questioned it since Roman Abramovich at Chelsea can buy players while in France they cannot.

“Today in France they want another system, but if Qatar [owners of Paris Saint-Germain] had bought AC Milan they would want stricter enforcement. As it is, the Italians also say they want a lighter FFP.

“I understand that we are in a world of false bottoms, but we say this openly. I think we’ll lighten things up.”

However, Platini went on to say it will not be his decision to make alone.

“This will be for the Uefa Executive Committee to decide. You’ll know the outcome at the end of June.”

The latest revelations come after a recent Uefa meeting with the European Club Association, which represents many of the biggest clubs across the continent who are most effected by the FFP controls.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Back 5 + counter could do it, I think going with back 4 and playing to them would be suicide with their front 3 unfortunately. Our MF could possibly boss the fuck out of theirs and their DF isn't too great.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
The game plan against Barca is still the same IMO.

- Press the fuck out of their Center backs, so they can't start their attack like they want.

- No high line defence.

- Long balls from our defenders to our attackers in the space that will be left by either Alba/Alves, to avoid the insane pressure they apply in the MF.

- Must be clinical, we will only get a few chances against them and we must take them.

- Defend Messi as team, Evra, Chiellini and Vidal/Pogba should always be near him so they can double triple team him.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
The game plan against Barca is still the same IMO.

- Press the fuck out of their Center backs, so they can't start their attack like they want.

- No high line defence.
If you want to press the centre-backs properly, you need to bring the defence up quite high.

If you don't, the space in midfield will be too big and it will easy for Barca to play around/through/over the press.

That's not an argument for or against pressing Barca - just that if you want to do it, you need to commit to it and accept there are certain risks that go with it.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Step 1: Put Messi on the ground.
Step 2: Put him on the ground again.

and again and again. Take turns putting him on the ground preferably. Do it before he gets past you so you can avoid cautions.

Step 3: Instigate Suarez
Step 4: Dive when he retaliates and reap the benefits of his poor reputation against Chiellini and Evra.

Step 5: Put everything into the box on set pieces.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
If you want to press the centre-backs properly, you need to bring the defence up quite high.

If you don't, the space in midfield will be too big and it will easy for Barca to play around/through/over the press.

That's not an argument for or against pressing Barca - just that if you want to do it, you need to commit to it and accept there are certain risks that go with it.

I get what you said and you are probably right, you have to give something because you can't take everything.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
HOLY FECK!!!!! A TICKET FOR THE FINAL JUST 70€!!

Juventus Football Club can officially confirm that ticket sales for this year’s UEFA Champions League final in Berlin, Juventus v Barcelona, will begin on Thursday 21 May at midday CEST on a special Francorosso website, www.berlino2015.it.

From that time onwards, priority tickets will go on sale to Juventus season ticket holders who are asked to submit their requests as soon as possible. This stage will end on Thursday 28 May at midday.

Each season ticket holder will be entitled to one ticket. Groups of up to four season ticket holders can be catered for. Tickets will only be sold in conjunction with travel packs provided by Francorosso.

Please note that the categories of tickets on sale are as follows:

- Category 2, €280
- Category 3, €160
- Category 4, €70

An additional fee of €3.85 will be added to each ticket purchase, entitling each holder to public transport access in Berlin on matchday up until 03.00 on Sunday 7 June.
Now i'm praying for a not so much rip off from Franco Rosso! else i'm in for the FINALLLLLL :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)