[CL] Champions League 2012/13 (81 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
How is it worse if he would have mentioned which team? :lol:
I gave a week last week to someone who specified a team and a scoreline. That Badass just said "Goal!" without specifying who added to the likelihood that another poster wouldn't be trolled as much. But still... it's such a dick move to anybody who is monitoring these threads for real updates.

Give the other guy 4 days as well then, it was an obvious bait.
He got 7.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
If Real Madrid scored one of the chances they got the beginning of the first half, they would've been 2 or 3 up by now. Dortmund looked very shaky at the start.

Either Real or Dortmund in the final, Bayern are definitely going to win this CL.
And sack their coach.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
I gave a week last week to someone who specified a team and a scoreline. That Badass just said "Goal!" without specifying who added to the likelihood that another poster wouldn't be trolled as much. But still... it's such a dick move to anybody who is monitoring these threads for real updates.
It's a dick move, no doubt. I don't really think it's ban worthy though - even if it's funny because it's Badass. :D Keep in mind that I'm the one getting trolled. :)

I don't see why "Goal Real" would be any worse than "Goal". It's creating the same effect for me. Maybe it would be more annoying if I were supporting one of the teams, but in this game a "GOAAAAL RONALDO" would be exactly the same as a "GOOOOOAL". :)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It's a dick move, no doubt. I don't really think it's ban worthy though - even if it's funny because it's Badass. :D Keep in mind that I'm the one getting trolled. :)

I don't see why "Goal Real" would be any worse than "Goal". It's creating the same effect for me. Maybe it would be more annoying if I were supporting one of the teams, but in this game a "GOAAAAL RONALDO" would be exactly the same as a "GOOOOOAL". :)
Well, it wasn't just not naming a team, but in doing so directly in response to your post. So that it was in jest was more transparent than if someone said "Goal Ronaldo!", but the mods have zero tolerance for posting fake score updates in an active match discussion thread. It should be a third rail rule that nobody screws around with and hides behind the, "Oh, it was just a joke" excuse.

I've had past Juve matches -- when I wasn't a mod -- where some idiot thought he was hilarious by announcing a goal by Milan that didn't happen, and I was more than pissed.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Well, it wasn't just not naming a team, but in doing so directly in response to your post. So that it was in jest was more transparent than if someone said "Goal Ronaldo!", but the mods have zero tolerance for posting fake score updates in an active match discussion thread. It should be a third rail rule that nobody screws around with and hides behind the, "Oh, it was just a joke" excuse.

I've had past Juve matches -- when I wasn't a mod -- where some idiot thought he was hilarious by announcing a goal by Milan that didn't happen, and I was more than pissed.
I think a punishment is fair - a 4 days ban in this case just seems like a lot. Basically because the trolling was VERY obvious. Anyway, I respect your ruling. I'm not going to cry over Badass being banned, I just wanted to get my opinion - as objective as possible - out there. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 81)