[CL] Champions League 2012/13 (13 Viewers)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Klopp said it before they even got Real in the draw, you stop Xabi you stop Real, just press the fuck outta him and make the center pitch compact and you completely neutralize the whole team. Had Lewandowski and Götze or nearest midfielder on his heels at all times when Real were building from the back, lead to just having Pepe see too much of the ball, lead to Real just doing short side passes that Dortmunds aggressive mobile players could hound (without the fear of someone like Xabi switching lanes effortlessly with long through balls) perfectly executed little scheme.
:agree: They also shut Ozil down pretty well. Every time he had the ball, there were a few Dortmund players chasing and pressing him.

Btw, I don't think this clash is over for Real yet.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
:agree: They also shut Ozil down pretty well. Every time he had the ball, there were a few Dortmund players chasing and pressing him.

Oh it's over alright. Real wont even turn up in the return leg & they're at home.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Allardyce on Lewandowski in 2010 (Blackburn manager at the time) "The risk is greater because the country he comes from is not renowned at any great standard"

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Poor Xabi is also one of the slowest midfielders in the game (in turning, not just pure pace), someone like Modric was able to survive for a while due to his quick ball controll before he dissapeared from the game (doesnt still know how to adapt to his teammates movement). And yeah Özil was shut down too, he is average as a winger, waste to have him there. But most important was pretty much ALL Dortmund players were faster and more resilient then their Real counter parts, they were winning all 1-1 duels on pure pace and aggression. Pretty much just Ronaldo who was competing a bit with his guy. Was weird to see because usually Real tend to be faster then everyone they face.

And IMO game is defenitely over, 3-0 is very possible for attack of Reals caliber, but I dont see them being able to stop Dortmund scoring a goal, and its game over when they do. Even more so when Dortmund is prolly the best counter attacking mofos around (with Real prolly).

- - - Updated - - -

Lets ignore him, Tuz.
Cant ignore that amazing cardigan :tup: :beer:

May 22, 2007
Imagine being one of Gotze or Lewandowski and you score in the CL final against Bayern. Would you like to be responsible for their second lost CL final in a row and join them in the summer? Doesn't seem like a pleasant situation to be in imo.

Sure winning CL outweighs that, but wouldn't it play a part in your performance you think?
I don't think they'd care at all.

I was glad at Trezeguet's transfer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)