[CL] Champions League 2011/12 (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I think Chelsea will eliminate Napoli too. But Napoli showed already that they should never be underestimated. They're very good on the counter attack and could well surprise Chelsea. But i just think Chelsea will edge this one, Villas Boas has found his best 11 and has dropped the high defensive line after much tinkering. Chelsea are now on the right track, i wouldn't be surprised if they push the Manchester clubs for the title.

Buy on AliExpress.com

kronos

Aug 16, 2011
I've watched Marseille v Arsenal both home and away, Olympiacos v Marseille both home and away and a part of Dortmund v Marseille game. And as much as i would like them to beat Inter i seriously doubt that. Not unless they improve massively. Even though they qualified it was down to pure luck and they were outplayed buy dortmund on both games even if they ended up winning them and even Olympiacos got away with a victory from France.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
I think Chelsea will eliminate Napoli too. But Napoli showed already that they should never be underestimated. They're very good on the counter attack and could well surprise Chelsea. But i just think Chelsea will edge this one, Villas Boas has found his best 11 and has dropped the high defensive line after much tinkering. Chelsea are now on the right track, i wouldn't be surprised if they push the Manchester clubs for the title.
:agree:

Last season's Manchester United were awful during the first half of the season and were trailing in the league by a lot of points and look how their season ended.

kronos

Aug 16, 2011

Last season's Manchester United were awful during the first half of the season and were trailing in the league by a lot of points and look how their season ended.
It wasn't just last season, Manchester United most of the times seemed to start awfully and the second half of the season get in to 5th gear :p (or sixth if you prefer)
That's why this time around when i've seen them being so strong from the start i was sure they'ed get much worse in time

jussr

Jan 26, 2011
Milan should win, but it will be close. They are no where as good as some of their deluded fans think. Their (lucky) 2-2 against Barca and suddenly they have a chance at the Champions League, give me a break.

KC17

Aug 18, 2011
I like how Arsenal fans are saying they should win because Milan got knocked out by Tottenham last season, disregarding the fact half of Milan's team were unavailable through injury/cup-tie.

Napoli is a bad matchup for Chelsea.

jussr

Jan 26, 2011
I never said we would beat them, just that we would have maid it a closer event than Real did. They forget how to play against Barcelona. And that in time, a season or more likely two, we can beat them provided Marotta makes some shrewd buys as we have a very strong core to build on.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
I like how Arsenal fans are saying they should win because Milan got knocked out by Tottenham last season, disregarding the fact half of Milan's team were unavailable through injury/cup-tie.

Napoli is a bad matchup for Chelsea.

Well, Arsenal is superior to Tottenham imo.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
Depends , superior in which way?

Bale's pace was the problem for Milan, the only one who can provide that for arsenal is Walcott
Bale wasn't really that good against Milan was he?

Sandro was the one destroying Milan.

Bale destroyed Inter, not Milan.

If completely fit, Arsenal's midfield is much more dynamic than Milan's and will pose a lot of problems for them not to mention Van Persie's blazing form.

Arsenal's downside is their defense, but if Ibra chokes, Milan's attack won't be that dangerous.

It will depend a lot on the availability of players each team has.

Jul 2, 2011

Bale destroyed Inter, not Milan.

If completely fit, Arsenal's midfield is much more dynamic than Milan's and will pose a lot of problems for them not to mention Van Persie's blazing form.

Arsenal's downside is their defense, but if Ibra chokes, Milan's attack won't be that dangerous.

It will depend a lot on the availability of players each team has.
milan's midfiled is shit, but so is arsenal' really. who ave they got thats superior to milan's tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)