[CL] Bayern vs JUVENTUS [16th March, 2016] (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

Rummenigge urges UEFA to change Champions League draw format

The Bayern Munich CEO has urged UEFA to introduce a seeding system for the knockout stages to protect the big teams in Europe's elite competition

Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has called on UEFA to change its seeding system for Champions League draws in order to protect the so-called big teams after the group stage.

The Bundesliga champions saw off last season's runners-up Juventus in the round of 16 to book their ticket for the quarter-finals and Rummenigge feels it would be in football's best interest if UEFA came up with a system to keep the big teams apart as long as possible.

"What I don't like about the Champions League draw for the knockout stages is that it all depends on fate," Rummenigge told reporters.

"UEFA should consider an alternative with seeded teams or something similar.

"I saw some games in the first knockout stage where I came close to switching off the TV.
He is right for once

Buy on AliExpress.com

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Yeah this loss hurts, and we were really close to beating them. We should be in the quarters now. I don't think they are really better than us as a team. What I comfort myself with is the belief that we wouldn't have had much of a chance to win the whole thing anyway :D So for me, we went out earlier than we should have, but it's not like we missed out on winning the title.

I could be wrong of course, but I don't think we're ready for Barca now - who I think are going to win it with little trouble. I'm hoping next year we'll have a better chance. We're a player or two short of coming close to Barca's quality, so hopefully we can fix that over this summer.

Feb 8, 2016
I just wanted to say a last compliment to Juve. I've talked to many friends who also support bayern and we all say that you would have deserved to go through, too. Yesterday you were even better than us but I think that we had some more chances in the first leg. But all in all it was like twice the same game just mirrored. It's a shame that one of those world class teams had to go out especially when you have watched a game like city-kiew the night before.
I am also impressed by Juve's depth in the squad, if you consider how many very important players were missing and who played yesterday...wow
Probably, Juve and Bayern have the strongest squads' in depth. If you imagine Barça having Bayerns or Juves injury problems...

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Like another Bayern fan in here said, i also feel sorry for you guys somehow.. You had the game totally under control until the 65-70 min, there from it seemed like Bayern did put on a massive preassure towards you. This also shows that Guardiola is an idiot, because this is 3 years in a row that we repeat the same mistake in big CHL matches. A good coach would never let this happen again, and again, and again. Rookie mistakes from him like allways in this kind of matches.

Allegri had the upper hand in yesterdays game, thats for sure. It wasnt because of Pep that Bayern came back, but because of the "german mentalitty", and also some luck like i mentioned. Juve also wasted a lot of big chances, if Cuadrado made it to 3-0 it was game over.

Its a shame that such giant clubs like Bayern Munich and Juve had to run into each other now, but i know you guys will come back strong next year. You have a great team. I hope Bayern will draw City so we can crush them, and eliminate the last english club in CHL this year. If we get Barcelona and play like this we will get crushed big time, unless our individual players have the game of theyre life.

Like the other BM fan i would also like to stick around sometime if its allowed.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
20 years. Disappointment for 20 years. I somehow thought probably we will do it this year because I became so desperate I was willing to let such silly notions as 20th anniversary creep into my mind. To lose like that was especially painful. The weird thing is that tactics always messes us up. The only thing I am certain about is that I'll be ready for this next year. Wait there is still hope as next year is the 20th anniversary :)
All fans have always been welcome to this forum.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I just wanted to say a last compliment to Juve. I've talked to many friends who also support bayern and we all say that you would have deserved to go through, too. Yesterday you were even better than us but I think that we had some more chances in the first leg. But all in all it was like twice the same game just mirrored. It's a shame that one of those world class teams had to go out especially when you have watched a game like city-kiew the night before.
I am also impressed by Juve's depth in the squad, if you consider how many very important players were missing and who played yesterday...wow
Probably, Juve and Bayern have the strongest squads' in depth. If you imagine Barça having Bayerns or Juves injury problems...
Like another Bayern fan in here said, i also feel sorry for you guys somehow.. You had the game totally under control until the 65-70 min, there from it seemed like Bayern did put on a massive preassure towards you. This also shows that Guardiola is an idiot, because this is 3 years in a row that we repeat the same mistake in big CHL matches. A good coach would never let this happen again, and again, and again. Rookie mistakes from him like allways in this kind of matches.

Allegri had the upper hand in yesterdays game, thats for sure. It wasnt because of Pep that Bayern came back, but because of the "german mentalitty", and also some luck like i mentioned. Juve also wasted a lot of big chances, if Cuadrado made it to 3-0 it was game over.

Its a shame that such giant clubs like Bayern Munich and Juve had to run into each other now, but i know you guys will come back strong next year. You have a great team. I hope Bayern will draw City so we can crush them, and eliminate the last english club in CHL this year. If we get Barcelona and play like this we will get crushed big time, unless our individual players have the game of theyre life.

Like the other BM fan i would also like to stick around sometime if its allowed.
You guys should stick around

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009

You're welcomed here guys. We even had a Bayern fan (@ßöмßäяðîëя) as one of the mods here, just so you know. :D

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

or if our perfectly regular goal wasnt disallowed ;)

normally i would want you guys to win it after Juve gets out but i just cant cheer for a Guardiola team. hate him too much. but i hope you atleast get to knock out Barca and then lose to whoever you get in the final/sf

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Bayern fans, thanks for your kind comments, really makes me wonder why the hate for your team. But then it hits me, it's that piece of shit pep, some of your players, like Vidal, muller, lewandowski and some of your board members. Fan wise your fans unnecessarily assisted to put pressure on that fat bold bastard ref to dish out yellows. However you guys coming here and showing your respects just comes to show you get dickhead fans at every club and ones that know how to good sportsmanship and earn respect.

On a side there are players at bayern who I do have respect for, not many but definitely lahm stands above them all. Like his attitude, you won't find many of them.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Bayern fans, thanks for your kind comments, really makes me wonder why the hate for your team. But then it hits me, it's that piece of $#@! pep, some of your players, like Vidal, muller, lewandowski and some of your board members. Fan wise your fans unnecessarily assisted to put pressure on that fat bold bastard ref to dish out yellows. However you guys coming here and showing your respects just comes to show you get $#@!head fans at every club and ones that know how to good sportsmanship and earn respect.

On a side there are players at bayern who I do have respect for, not many but definitely lahm stands above them all. Like his attitude, you won't find many of them.
To me Lahm and Buffon is both very likeable, and its really really hard not to find them likeable no matter what club you support. They are both legends and big players, and have won so many big trophies. When they retire they should both be honored and remembered.

Yeah its true some Bayern fans can be quite arrogant, but i dont think its that bad compared to some Madrid or Barca fans. Especially Madrid fans are some of the worst cunts if you ask me, and also Barca after they got Messi. United also have some of the most arrogant fans.

But then again i think its normal for giant clubs to have arrogant fans, because the fans are used to winning all the time, and then that mentality will come.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
The ref was a shocker. But Marrotta needs to stay away from this $#@!. We are a big club and we got to behave like it.
I disagree. What our management, Coach and players say to the press influences the narrative of the post-match coverage. For people who did not watch the game, they might think it was a business as usual for Bayern kind of match, and our efforts might go in vain if news sites cover it in that manner.

Goal's narrative for instance, who I don't know why they hate us so much, has their post-match commentary painting Bayern as if they were asleep for 70 minutes and then when they woke up it was business as usual. Very little emphasis on how we disrupted their play, how much goal scoring chances we wasted and how the ref cancelled a legitimate goal. Almost no emphasis on the fact that we missed 3 key players and that Bayern got into the game only when we got exhausted.
What they did emphasize is Bayern's character and Guardiola's subs. This kind of reporting definitely affects both clubs' image and millions of people's perspective of the game. I am not commenting on the quality of Goal's coverage but rather the bias of its writers that is reflected in the narrative they pushed.

Similarly, the highlights that sites like footyroom put on also affect people's perception of the game. They were thorough in their highlights but did not include the cancelled goal which would have a significant effect on how people interpret the happenings of the game.

Through our post-match talk, I think we sent out 3 key messages. Buffon sent out the message that Juve should be proud of having given everything in the game and that we equalled Bayern against the odds. Marotta emphasized the fact that the refereeing screwed us and that we should have won. Allegri emphasized that we need to move on and learn from the game. This is good PR in my opinion.

What we should be doing more as a club in general is create better press relations with journalists in Goal and other hugely popular sites. Its a bad sign that a Juve-bashing article about something that occurred decades ago gets brought up last week on goal completely unnecessarily. They had an article about us doping in the 90s and made an analogy to Sharapova's case. This is very unusual because normally, Goal doesn't cover Tennis incidents that have nothing to do with Football in anyway and they don't dig up decades old dirt against any big club to remind people of it. This is completely uncalled for. It is not relevant to contemporary football at all. This kind of image tarnishing should be avoided by having better press relations with the biggest football site in the world.

gg89

Dec 15, 2015
Getting Vidal for a peanut 37 mil. was enough bargain .So look for eventual reinforcements somewhere else.And hope that next time we met the referee wont need two pair of glasses to see that Morata was onside at least 1 meter.I am not whining .Pure fact.One meter .At least.That far was your fine prospect Kimmich in front of Morata.
Yes you eliminate us .Congratulations on that, even undeserved .I am not pathetic but this is very clear,you won't win the CL this year.Barcelona(the same team that beat us last year) will kill you.Again,will kill you.Watch and see.And then the referee will have a proper eyes to see everything not like last night.PM me if you met Barcelona and if that match don't go like I predict.I will apologize about my prediction.
I know you are mad at losing and it's understandable that you react that way. But just to clarify; 1) I meant that we are never going to try to get Pogba, +100m players (which is his value) is not something we do 2) Yes, you deserves to win. We were very very veryyyy lucky 3) At the moment we stand no chance against Barça. I believe that with our starting defenders (Boateng and Javi Martinez), Alaba and Lahm playing to their real level, Pep not doing stupid things like fielding Xabi and an overall much better collective game, we can stand to them. But not now, definitively.

IMO, Juve is a top 5 club in Europe (Barça, Bayern, Juve, Dortmund, Madrid) so I'm proud to go through, but you deserved it more. So I'm just happy about a lucky day and hope the teams put a much better performance next round.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I know you are mad at losing and it's understandable that you react that way. But just to clarify; 1) I meant that we are never going to try to get Pogba, +100m players (which is his value) is not something we do 2) Yes, you deserves to win. We were very very veryyyy lucky 3) At the moment we stand no chance against Barça. I believe that with our starting defenders (Boateng and Javi Martinez), Alaba and Lahm playing to their real level, Pep not doing stupid things like fielding Xabi and an overall much better collective game, we can stand to them. But not now, definitively.

IMO, Juve is a top 5 club in Europe (Barça, Bayern, Juve, Dortmund, Madrid) so I'm proud to go through, but you deserved it more. So I'm just happy about a lucky day and hope the teams put a much better performance next round.
Yeah, except Juventus is top 4 material. We can match up with any team in the top 3, even if we lack something more in comparison to the top 2. Dortmund has showed a lot this year, but they need to show what they're made off against proven teams in CL, not teams such as Tottenham, while they field a second team and with no European pedigree. Dortmund is without a doubt superior to Tottenham tho.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

PSG?

gg89

Dec 15, 2015
Yeah, except Juventus is top 4 material. We can match up with any team in the top 3, even if we lack something more in comparison to the top 2. Dortmund has showed a lot this year, but they need to show what they're made off against proven teams in CL, not teams such as Tottenham, while they field a second team and with no European pedigree. Dortmund is without a doubt superior to Tottenham tho.
I completely agree. I'd say *at this moment* you're third best after Barça and us. Of course this fluctuates a lot, Madrid might come back, Dortmund might prove their worth in the CL, we might go down, many things can happen. But overall you definitively belong in the top 5.

PD: Yes I rank us above you despite the fact that you deserved to win -we had our worst game of the season easily- but it's by no means an easy fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)