[CL] Bayern Munich- Juventus (152 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Nedved played like a headless chicken. Not the first time either this season. At the start of the season I defended Nedved, but I fear I may have been wrong about him. He's become an inconsistant player now, who's over the hill. It should not come as a surprise though, as the signs were there last season and even 2 seasons ago. He still has plenty to offer us, ala vs inter. Though he should not be an untouchable regular, like he is at the moment.

Nedved's little antics are becoming annoying too. When he's frustrated, he does not hestitate to show it. He regularly lashes out against another player, with a harsh challenge. He did the same against Bayern. At the same time though, his fanaticism is where his strength as a player lies.

With a revitalised Mutu in the team, we have options. We do not have to depend on Nedved on the left flank anymore. Oh just how I wish, Capello would finally see this.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by edpiero ] ++
We need fresh legs now with the abilities of Neddy
How about Tomas Rosicky?
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++

With a revitalised Mutu in the team, we have options . We do not have to depend on Nedved on the left flank anymore. Oh just how I wish, Capello would finally see this.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Azzurri7 ] ++

Rosicky's style is similar to Mutu's....I'll stick with Adrian.
Is he ? nice..
I reffered Rosicky cause he's a very good player at his time..
Wanted to go with the flow of Czecks in the squad ;)

Too bad jankulovsky is with Milan :cool:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
With Capello's love of 4-4-2, Mutu is much better suited to his style. Rosicky is a playmaker, who plays behind the strikers or as central midfielder at best. He does not play on the flanks. Mutu though can play on the flanks. Also it's no transfer period now anyway, and we already have Mutu on the team.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Mutu has more of the characteristics of a winger. As he's fast, takes players on one one one, he's very active, direct, good cross and likes to run. Add to that Mutu played as a sort of a winger for Parma in a 4-3-3 system. He's already played on the left a few times this season, he did well.

While Rosicky, is indirect. Passes the ball around a lot. A passer is at his best with a lot of options to pass to, where better than in a central position? Though he works a lot, I'd have to say tactically his too 'indisciplined' to play on the wings.

So I'd say , Mutu can play on the wing. Better than Rosicky anyway.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by edpiero ] ++

Is he ? nice..
I reffered Rosicky cause he's a very good player at his time..
Wanted to go with the flow of Czecks in the squad ;)

Too bad jankulovsky is with Milan :cool:
Indeed Rosicky is really good player, But I don't think we'll move on for him....If we really wanted him we could have signed him instead of Adrian.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Azzurri7 ] ++

Indeed Rosicky is really good player, But I don't think we'll move on for him....If we really wanted him we could have signed him instead of Adrian.
But we signed Adrian for free :p

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
rosicky was looking like a fantastic player when he first burst on to the scene but has stalled badly in rescent years, agree with dominic about nedved he is not turning games for us like he did before though it must be hard as he cant run three yards without getting kicked into the air.
mutu is at the club to gradually become nedveds replacement on the left

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 152)