[CL] Bayern Munich- Juventus (22 Viewers)

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nerazzurri Rule ] ++
Hey guys I am new here, an Inter fan, ie If you cannot already see.
Just want to say that you guys were pathetic today, I support all the italian teams in cl, and it was very dissapointing to see the way you guys played today. U people really need buffon back, abbiatti, apart from gifting bayern the first goal, also missed to hold quite a no. of free kicks and crosses, could have been very dangerous.
Evenmthough I am happy, that u guys are no longer unbeatable, i feel sorry for italian football as a whole, hopefully u people will get your revenge in turin
Welcome.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
emerson and zambotta after the game.

Gianluca Zambrotta and Emerson have admitted that the real Juventus didn’t show up against Bayern Munich.

After nine wins out of nine games, the Bianconeri lost 2-1 in Germany on Tuesday to surrender top spot in Group A of the Champions League.

"I think we weren’t determined enough in the first half and couldn’t find a way through, as they always got to the ball first," said the Italian.

"Things went a little better after the break, but we undoubtedly deserved to lose.

"The Coach tried to change a few things, but Bayern closed up in midfield and we couldn’t find the character that usually comes as part of the Juventus package.

"There are times when you’re not 100 per cent on the ball and that can be costly when facing squads of this quality.

"Capello was certainly angry at the final whistle, above all for the approach we took to the game, but we knew that as well. There’s still time to recover the gap and catch Bayern."

The home side took the lead thanks to a Christian Abbiati howler, but Zambrotta was quick to defend the goalkeeper.

"I don’t think I touched the ball, so Christian was taken by surprise," he added. "These new footballs can take some strange twists if they’re hit a certain way."

Emerson also accepted the fact that Bayern probably deserved to go home with the three points.

"It was tough and the team didn’t play at all well," conceded the Brazilian. "Bayern’s style is effective against our kind of football and they simply played better.

"We were really missing the right spirit and started very badly indeed, conceding two avoidable goals.

"It was never going to be easy to break down a team so physically strong and good at defending. It’s no shame to lose against such a great club and we can’t win all the time.

"We can only work to improve and be aware of that fact, while we compliment Bayern for their performance."

However, while Zambrotta wasn’t overly impressed with the ball, the midfielder criticised the playing surface.

"We were surprised that such a beautiful stadium can have a pitch this poor, as we could barely string two passes together without getting a strange bounce off the turf," he added.

"It took a while to get used to it and I spoke to Ze Roberto, who told me it’s always like that. Clearly this isn’t an excuse for the defeat, but it didn’t help."

they are right every team plays a bad game and if juve win in turin agaist bayern this defeat will be almost forgotten

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by venom ] ++
This part is somewhat confusing. Poor preparation for the match isn't it . I mean did Bayern possess as much threat as Messina in the eyes Capello. It was the only second time this season there were a big club against. Record so far then is 1-0-1. Were there some sort of illusion that this club has shown that it already has what it takes to challenge the double. Sure match against Inter was great but that was only one single match. Other than that the club's been winning against such a superpowers as Empoli, Ascoli, Parma etc. Results of upcoming matches against Milan and Bayern will show much more about the quality of squad.
well, let's not jump to conclusion so quickly.. we had our first setback of the season and it came in the CL where our position with BM is good and we both favourites to go through to the next round.. beside, yesterday's match was not a sign of how tough (or weak) is juve.. why..? simple, yesterday's match was a "mix & match" game from capello.. I don't know what went wrong with his decisions last night.. but he surely is the one to blame for the bad performance.. wrong selection of players and positions.. bad subs.. bad preparation.. he holds responsibility for the loss IMO... but, that's not that bad.. we are still in the beginning.. and who knows.. maybe things could've worked well in any other day.. it just wasn't our day.. we didn't play well.. we deserved to lose..

some notes on the match:

- the ref was unsound last night.. but can't blame him for the loss..

- Abbiati is good.. he was shaky last night, but that's one game out of 10 so far this season.. and let's not forget that he's buffon replacement.. not buffon himself.. he did well so far in the games he played and I can't attack him for one bad performance..

- the back line yesterday was creepy.. something was wrong indeed.. what..? IMO it was the (1) absence of Vieira, (2)Blasi as a right back..!!(3) drunk thuram (lol.. j/k).. (4) drunk chiellini (not kidding :lazy: ) (5) the two DM, emerson and Giannecheda, were not that strong as a pair or individually.. capello should pay attention to that..

- the mid was aweful, camo was the only player that was doing something.. nedved wasn't in good form (we'll see a lot of that this season. he's getting old, can't blame him) and Ibra wasn't supposed to play in AM position.. he scored yes, but wasted lots of chances and ruined many times good chances to start or build a good counter attack..

- DP was in good form before the match.. yet, caps subs didn't start with him..!!

- it seems that zambrotta has forgoton how to play as RB/RB.. better keep him on the left flank..

- poor trez.. poor mutu..

all in all, we lost because of our bad performance, not because of BM is too tough for us.. in fact, I think they can't stand a chance against us here in Turin.. I'm waiting for revenge..

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Bayern Munich's Ballack: Capello is excellent
October 19, 2005

Bayern Munich midfielder Michael Ballack has admitted his admiration for Juventus coach Fabio Capello.

"Italian football appeals to me," said Ballack, who undoubtedly be the hottest property on the market in January, "the game there is effective, but there are more attractive leagues in Spain and England.

"Juve? They are the most organized square, they do not leave space for you. Capello? He is an excellent trainer."

and the source is ........ tribalfootball.com

I am somewhat offended even though he said that...if its real that is

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by edpiero ] ++
October 19, 2005

Bayern Munich midfielder Michael Ballack has admitted his admiration for Juventus coach Fabio Capello.

"Italian football appeals to me," said Ballack, who undoubtedly be the hottest property on the market in January, "the game there is effective, but there are more attractive leagues in Spain and England.

"Juve? They are the most organized square, they do not leave space for you. Capello? He is an excellent trainer."

I am offended that you are posting news from tribalfootball.com

What do they mean by tribalfootball anyway? Couldn't they call their site a better name at least?

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Welcome back Gandalf, nice to see u ard :)

Anyway back to the topic, I have watched the rematch, and boy we were really that terrible. We lost to a Bayern team which is juz almost the same as last season's (with the absence of Kovac of course) and our performance made Ze Roberto and Deisler look like world class. How times have both players run into our half and let them cross into our box? Hell even Schweinsteiger managed to get some fun in the game (except the corner kick he conceded in the dying minutes)

The back line is really terrible last night. What is Thuram thinking? This isn't the Thuram which helped us in the defence as always. He made incredible mistakes today, notably the backpass and another corner kick to Bayern. What is Chiellini thinking? Y did he pass back to Abbiati and concede a corner kick? Is it bnecos they want to handle the pressure of defending against corner kicks from big teams? I simply don't know. All I know is the backline lacks a lot of communication.

Our 2 DMs, Ballack outclassed them in that game, no further comments.
We need Vieira badly.

boy wad a terrible performance, it was lucky that Schweinsteiger's shot was weak and Makaay blow over the top, or else the scoreline would be ever worse.

So we should better prepare ourselves for the home game. I believe we can and should be able to defeat Bayern once again. I really hope we will not be complacent and win against them.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by edpiero ] ++
October 19, 2005

Juz in case some1 got mad, add this in as well

Juventus dismiss Ballack link Wednesday 19 October, 2005

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus transfer chief Luciano Moggi insists the name of Michael Ballack is not on his shortlist.

The Bayern Munich captain is only contracted to his current club until June 2006, which means he would be available on a free transfer next summer.

But Moggi maintains that the midfielder is not wanted despite recent reports suggesting otherwise.

"Don’t even think about saying that Juventus are interested in Ballack," Moggi said after last night’s 2-1 loss to the Germans.

"Juve need tough players who can keep up to Fabio Capello’s levels. Ballack is a good player, but we won’t sign him."

Despite Moggi’s denial, the director general has admitted in the past that signing free agents in now a big part of the modern game.

Over the last two seasons, he has brought in Jonathan Zebina, Adrian Mutu, Giuliano Giannichedda, Olivier Kapo and Robert Kovac without spending a fee.

The 29-year-old Ballack, who will be a key figure for Germany at the World Cup, has also been linked with the likes of Manchester United, Inter and Barcelona.

source: channel4.com

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++

Juventus transfer chief Luciano Moggi insists the name of Michael Ballack is not on his shortlist.

The Bayern Munich captain is only contracted to his current club until June 2006, which means he would be available on a free transfer next summer.

But Moggi maintains that the midfielder is not wanted despite recent reports suggesting otherwise.

"Don’t even think about saying that Juventus are interested in Ballack," Moggi said after last night’s 2-1 loss to the Germans.

"Juve need tough players who can keep up to Fabio Capello’s levels. Ballack is a good player, but we won’t sign him."

Despite Moggi’s denial, the director general has admitted in the past that signing free agents in now a big part of the modern game.

Over the last two seasons, he has brought in Jonathan Zebina, Adrian Mutu, Giuliano Giannichedda, Olivier Kapo and Robert Kovac without spending a fee.

The 29-year-old Ballack, who will be a key figure for Germany at the World Cup, has also been linked with the likes of Manchester United, Inter and Barcelona.

Hate channel 4.....:fero:

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
ballack played well but apart from his goal deisler did very little same applies to ze reberto, the main man last night for bayern was demicheles he controlled the game.

like emerson does for us when he sits just in front of the back 4, just cause viera is out juve should not try to force emerson to play as a playmaker type player, he tried to do to much emerson is at his best when breaking up opposition attacks and passing it simple, not trying to rumble forward and split defences

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++

We all know Moggi? Don't believe what is says, he will buy Ballack.

del pietro

Aug 13, 2005
if u watch the second goal again... ull see how smart bayern played the corner kick. Mackay was used to take Thuram out of the box, leaving that huge gap in the middle, giving way for an easy header. The whole thing was planned. Juve should have read the situation. Thuram sticking on Mackay and marking man-to-man was the wrong strategy.

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
++ [ originally posted by del pietro ] ++
if u watch the second goal again... ull see how smart bayern played the corner kick. Mackay was used to take Thuram out of the box, leaving that huge gap in the middle, giving way for an easy header. The whole thing was planned. Juve should have read the situation. Thuram sticking on Mackay and marking man-to-man was the wrong strategy.
Trez lost hir marking by a mile. Look at how bad his taiming is.
Then we did not have one on the second post. Why?

OP
Maresca

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,338
    Hi People,

I had a terrible night yesterday :down: our players disapointed me a lot. I travelled 350 km and payed so much money, and juve players did not even fight in this game.

I thought that I am in a bad film. It was terrible. I will tell you more about it later, I am at work now ;)

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Maresca ] ++
    Hi People,

I had a terrible night yesterday :down: our players disapointed me a lot. I travelled 350 km and payed so much money, and juve players did not even fight in this game.

I thought that I am in a bad film. It was terrible. I will tell you more about it later, I am at work now ;)
    I feel truly bad on your behalf.
    :down:

Welcome home though...

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Maresca ] ++
    Hi People,

I'm sorry to hear that mate....This is sad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)