[CL] Bayern Munich- Juventus (16 Viewers)

Luigito

Mar 22, 2003
First ,It's the ref's fault but a mistake of Abii.

We know that he cant be like Gigi, but he is trying to do his best. He before Bayern game, has a great games with a great saves in important moments

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Trezeguet - Totally invisible tonight. Potentially he could've been great if he had the right support, but that still doesn't change the fact that he didn't do anything this match.

Mutu - Pretty much the same as Trezeguet. I barely saw him. Together with Davide the two forwards who played the worst tonight, IMO.

Ibra - Not doing much either. Constantly fouling and not being the ball's best friend. A plus that he wanted the ball and was able to get it, compared to the two above, and also that he won almost all air duels. Had an easy tap in goal at the end but it doesn't really change the fact that he played more like a midfielder tonight, and I can't really say that that position suits him well.

Del Piero - Seemed to be an injection in the beginning of the first half, looking full of confidence and energy, and had a nice FK on goal (Juve standards). Pretty much disappeared after a wihle but I believe it was his corner kick which eventually led to Zlatan's goal. I would give him the same grade as Ibra.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

We will NEVER get ahead with CRAPello

you'll see....

Zeman !!!

just kidding......:D

I'm not sure, but I know that Deschamps is out there.....

and i wouldnt say no to Arrigo Sacchi (you never know !!!)

Dechamps, a man with two years of coaching experience?

Seems like a wise choice indeed.

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
Match report.

Summering
Our game today was eliminated by a strong and effective BM. At times it was sad to see how they cut of our passing ways and left our man with the ball left with no option other than passing back to Abbiati. This is what you get when you lack movement. We did not have one scoring chance in the whole game. Our defense is not involved in our creative game and that is a big factor why we got so dominated in midfield. We were not first, not second and neither third man on the loose balls. As if our confidence had gone to our head and we did not believe we had to fight in order to win.

I was upset that we did not play for each other as a TEAM.

Defense
Very weak in the creative game. No positioning at all and the lack of communication was clear.

Midfield
No creativity at all. The only player that was doing a ok job was put of in halftime!?!
Emerson is NOT a playmaker and that truth was obvious yesterday. No movement without ball what so ever. As I have spoken of earlier it has been joyful to see the way we can “own” a midfield this season. Yesterday we were the victim…

Attacking
No, it did not work here either. On the other hand is it not easy do score if you don’t get the ball. Often the passes were desperate and almost never on the ground.

Grades

Abbiati
Horrible judgment on the first goal. Is not secure and above all not a leader. Makes the whole defense insecure and are not communicating with the players at all. Two saves on dangerous free kicks though.

Blasi
Was all wrong. And did almost nothing right.

Thuram
I did not believe my eyes.
Late in every situation and playing ruff with no elegance. Lost his marking from time to time.

Cannavaro
Did his best but with the surrounding he had yesterday you can´t really do more on your own…

Zambrotta
Went all wrong on the first goal. At least a player that tried.

Cammo
Why was he subbed???
The only player that created anything. Made some good runs and had a good shot.

Emerson
Worst player on the pitch. Did not have one good ball contact.
Made the wrong decisions and could not receive the ball in a good way in the entire game, just letting it bounce away from him.

Giannichedda
Did run and run like a hen that lost his head. Not involved at all and if he gets to start again we should post an IQ-test to Capello

Neddy
Well… Is this Neddy this season he will loose his place in 4 weeks to Mutu…

Ibra
Did not get one ball at his feet. Mission impossible.
After a while he did not even try anymore. That’s weak.

Trez
Same as Ibra. When down the pitch in order to get some ball contact and that is not what he is good at.

Subs

DP (Cammo)
Did not have any impact on the game as he entered. But then no one in world would have had…

Mutu (Trez)
Same as above. When you enter a team that is not playing…, what can you do?

Chiellini (Blasi)
Nervous and anxious. Looked like a giraffe and made a bad impression.

Coach

Capello
Had not prepared the team for this job.
Once again it PROVES what happens if you go to play a strong team away and tries to play defensively! The Italian style is not the right one in the year of 2005. Look at Liverpool last year. The controlled the game with possession. Not without!

Then he made the wrong substitutions.
IMO he should have subbed DP with Giannichedda, Mutu with Neddy. Played with a 3 men defense and moved Blasi from defense to midfield. In that way we would have outnumbered them and anyway have a chance of getting back in the game.

Lets learn from this and the players must understand that you have to run for 90 minutes in a game!!!

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Champions League Gp A - 18/10/05 (19.45)
Bayern 2 - 1 Juventus
Deisler 32 (B), Demichelis 39 (B), Ibrahimovic 90 (J)
Allianz Arena, Munich

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juve's perfect record came to an abrupt end in Munich, as a Christian Abbiati howler helped Bayern to a 2-1 victory.

Something had to give in this match, as the joint Group A leaders aimed to protect their 100 per cent records in the competition so far. The Bianconeri were without the injured Patrick Vieira and Jonathan Zebina, but despite his fine form, Alessandro Del Piero was benched in favour of David Trezeguet and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Manuele Blasi took his new right-back role, while Giuliano Giannichedda stepped in for Vieira alongside Emerson. Bayern boss Felix Magath scored the goal for Hamburg in their shock 1-0 European Cup Final win over Juventus in 1983, but last season the Bianconeri emerged from Munich with a 1-0 victory thanks to Del Piero.

Bayern had the first opportunity in the third minute with a Santa Cruz header off target, then moments later Roy Makaay's half-volley across the face of goal was just wide of the top corner.

Christian Abbiati had his gloves stung by a fierce Michael Ballack free kick from the edge of the box and Sebastian Deisler was offside when he latched on to the loose ball.

After a very shaky initial 10 minutes, Juve slowly started to push forward and put together a fine team move. Trezeguet held up Mauro German Camoranesi's cross and Pavel Nedved blazed wide.

Lilian Thuram was booked for clattering into Santa Cruz as the ball was flicked over his head and the resulting free kick caused chaos in the Juve area. Abbiati got down to push Makaay's effort off the line, then managed to take it away from De Michelis and Zambrotta dived in to clear from Ze Roberto.

Bayern made a substitution after just 30 minutes, introducing young talent Bastian Schweinsteiger for Bixente Lizarazu.

The Germans finally broke through, but Abbiati was left red-faced by an appalling intervention. Deisler's cross-shot from the right-hand edge of the box went in off Abbiati's knee, as the goalkeeper completely misjudged the flight of the ball.

Juve fought back, but a timid Camoranesi header was comfortably held by Oliver Kahn in his first touch of the ball after 33 minutes. The Argentine-born midfielder caused more problems moments later when Martin Demichelis slid in for a crucial clearance as his cross almost reached Trezeguet in the centre.

However, the Bianconeri defence was at fault for Bayern's second as well, as they were static and allowed Demichelis a free header on a Deisler corner kick from six yards. Trezeguet and Camoranesi were supposed to be marking the midfielder, but lost their man.

Camoranesi was Juve's liveliest player and his snapshot skimmed the crossbar, but Bayern were deserving of their lead and Abbiati blocked an acrobatic Ballack effort. Trezeguet was halted for a debatable offside flag on the stroke of half-time.

Fabio Capello made two half-time changes, introducing Del Piero for Camoranesi on the right flank and Giorgio Chiellini for Blasi as full-back. It didn't make an immediate difference, as Makaay found a way past Fabio Cannavaro's challenge to bring a tricky save out of Abbiati.

Ibrahimovic had his first real attempt on 52 minutes, but the shot was well over the bar. Del Piero earned a free kick on the edge of the area and his set-piece was punched away by Kahn on the line.

Makaay volleyed Deisler's cross just past the far post, although he was offside when the assist came in. Trezeguet hit the side-netting, but Bayern continued to have the best chances with a Santa Cruz header.

In fact, substitute Chiellini's wayward clearance almost resulted in an own goal and Abbiati had to backpass furiously to clear. Adrian Mutu was Capello's final gamble, relieving a quiet Trezeguet, but the Romanian played upfront and left Del Piero in his wide role.

Abbiati scrambled on to a Schweinsteiger angled drive that had been set up by a delicate Santa Cruz assist, as Bayern did not seem to be under pressure from the Bianconeri.

Schweinsteiger performed an important defensive intervention to stop Nedved's cross reaching Emerson at the back post. From the resulting corner, Cannavaro's header went towards Ibrahimovic, who didn't have time to turn around.

Makaay's strike from the edge of the box skimmed the crossbar after another fine team move, then Abbiati used his instincts to spread his body and block another Makaay attempt from close range.

Kahn was finally forced into a difficult save on 86 minutes, as he flew to palm Emerson's rising shot from a corner kick out of the top corner.

The Group stages could be decided on goal difference, which is why Ibrahimovic's last-gasp goal could be very important indeed. A Del Piero corner kick was swept home by the Swede at the far post.

Juventus nearly snatched a shock equaliser in stoppages, but Kahn managed to beat Nedved's free kick into an area without Bianconeri players

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
I am dissapointed, but on the other hand I really don't give a fvck. Bayern and Juve are through in this group. Thats almost certain. We had a day off. That can happen. However, I want a revenge for this poor performance on the next gameday!

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
On the bright side, I think it's important to taste defeat in the group stages, so you learn from your mistakes once the knockout comes around.

So better losing sooner, rather than later.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Based on our level of play , we were lucky that the match ended 2-1 we deserved to loose 3-0 , we were pathetic.
All players without exceptions dont deserve more than 4 / 10
Abbiati error costs us the first goal but the problem that we let them dominate the match without doing anything , where is our midfield ? this give us idea that vieira is our best midfielder who connect defence with the attack and we missed that since gianchedda (IMO not juve material) is very very poor compared to him.

The second goal was a defence error , were is the marking on demechellis and one player supposed to be on the left side of the goal to protect that side , only one player was on the other side.

our performance reminded me on how we played in liverpool match last season , after this match i am not optimistic at all although we will go to the next round , but any good team will get us out.:(

anyway we deserved to loose and hope to play beter in the next match in turin.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
I am dissapointed, but on the other hand I really don't give a fvck. Bayern and Juve are through in this group. Thats almost certain. We had a day off . That can happen. However, I want a revenge for this poor performance on the next gameday!
at last someone who understands

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Juventus duo accept defeat Wednesday 19 October, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gianluca Zambrotta and Emerson have admitted that the real Juventus didn’t show up against Bayern Munich.

After nine wins out of nine games, the Bianconeri lost 2-1 in Germany on Tuesday to surrender top spot in Group A of the Champions League.

"I think we weren’t determined enough in the first half and couldn’t find a way through, as they always got to the ball first," said the Italian.

"Things went a little better after the break, but we undoubtedly deserved to lose.

"The Coach tried to change a few things, but Bayern closed up in midfield and we couldn’t find the character that usually comes as part of the Juventus package.

"There are times when you’re not 100 per cent on the ball and that can be costly when facing squads of this quality.

"Capello was certainly angry at the final whistle, above all for the approach we took to the game, but we knew that as well. There’s still time to recover the gap and catch Bayern."

The home side took the lead thanks to a Christian Abbiati howler, but Zambrotta was quick to defend the goalkeeper.

"I don’t think I touched the ball, so Christian was taken by surprise," he added. "These new footballs can take some strange twists if they’re hit a certain way."

Emerson also accepted the fact that Bayern probably deserved to go home with the three points.

"It was tough and the team didn’t play at all well," conceded the Brazilian. "Bayern’s style is effective against our kind of football and they simply played better.

"We were really missing the right spirit and started very badly indeed, conceding two avoidable goals.

"It was never going to be easy to break down a team so physically strong and good at defending. It’s no shame to lose against such a great club and we can’t win all the time.

"We can only work to improve and be aware of that fact, while we compliment Bayern for their performance."

However, while Zambrotta wasn’t overly impressed with the ball, the midfielder criticised the playing surface.

"We were surprised that such a beautiful stadium can have a pitch this poor, as we could barely string two passes together without getting a strange bounce off the turf," he added.

"It took a while to get used to it and I spoke to Ze Roberto, who told me it’s always like that. Clearly this isn’t an excuse for the defeat, but it didn’t help."

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Capello disappointed by Juve Tuesday 18 October, 2005

Fabio Capello admits his Juventus side did not impress in Munich, although he believes the Bayern game was more balanced than the scoreline suggests.

“We struggled in the first five minutes, then the game became very balanced and they had trouble getting near our goal,” he said after the 2-1 defeat. “We weren’t our usual selves and were lacking something in our reaction time tonight. We weren’t as fresh and sharp as we have been this season. Bayern were very fortunate that we were clearing the ball and it hit the referee, allowing Sebastian Deisler to regain possession.”

The opening goal was a howler from Christian Abbiati, who allowed Deisler’s hopeful cross-shot to go in off his knee.

“I think that the ball dipped very quickly and Abbiati couldn’t react in time. There are some nights when everything goes your way and when it doesn’t, and this wasn’t our game. It’s a shame for Abbiati, who performed a couple of tough saves. I was most disappointed with our lack of aggression, as that is very rare for Juventus.”

Another defensive error allowed Martin Demichelis to double Bayern’s lead, but a last-gasp Zlatan Ibrahimovic goal could prove decisive in the Group A standings.

“Aside from everything, the overall situation was one we were not accustomed to and we couldn’t get back on track. At least we saw a good reaction towards the end, but Bayern were better in the air and that was the key.”

Patrick Vieira’s absence was sorely felt in midfield, while there was controversy at the decision to leave on form Alessandro Del Piero on the bench to begin with and then play him on the flank.

“There was a great performance from Demichelis that really helped out the Bayern midfield and he was crucial for them,” explained Capello. “Del Piero was meant to start out wide on the right, then cut in to allow Zambrotta to push forward, but we lacked the necessary consistency to make it work.”

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
well since the players played very badly i will just try to explain wat capello did and his performance in this game..

Before i say anything, i just want to say that its" Very easy to talk after the game, abt wat should've happend.If we were on the spot where capello was... everyone of us would just choke"

-First of all the starting eleven:
well many ppl say that he had the wrong choice but putting the underperforming zlatan to partner trezi upfront.I think its the right to have before the game.We needed the physical presence and we need someone to hold the ball upfront.Alex cannot provide that, he may get us a couple of fouls here and there but he can't provide the same physical prescence ibra had.
How would capello know that he would have an off day in regards to pushing for the ball.

Also another thing was blasi in RB, it wasnt a vey good choice as well.We needed pessoto there, although he isnt the toughest but he brings experience and knows wat to do in these types of ssituations.
We needed blasi physicality in the midfield.Gianni was just throwing himself, and he was often out of position.Which cost us alot in the midfield.

-Subs, and in game management :
in regards to chiellini i would understand, cuz we needed a guy that could match the germans' physical approach.And chiellini also attacks well also.Capello didnt know that he would be such a disappoinment.
When it comes to camo, there was his first mistake...he was playing well and he was the only one that was holding possion upfront.
The guy that should've left was neddy.Two years ago i would understand why,any coach would leave neddy on(he could create something from nothing) but last nite it wasnt his day at all.Even the shot he missed nearly, should've been passed to an open zlatan.
Mutu with trezi was just to give us more players in the midfield, which was another mistake cuz we needed him in midfield instead of neddy.

Anyway...am not too dishearted with the defeat.It was just their day not ours.We had to lose someday.And its better now then later in the CL.
And anyway who needs the extraa pressure??

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Capello Blames Team Condition For Defeat
10/19/2005 10:19:00 AM
According to the Juve coach, his squad was not fresh and reactive enough.
The Bianconeri suffered their first defeat of the season after 9 consecutive wins in Serie A and the Champions League. Fabio Capello analyzed the encounter and pinpointed the main reasons behind this loss.

We were not fresh and reactive . After the first five minutes of difficulty we reacted and the match became more balanced, then that ball arrived which deceived our goalkeeper. On the 2-0, it was easier for them, with us who pushed forward. There wasn’t the usual continuity and then we suffered their capacity of playing the high balls.”

Juventus must now hope to return the favour to Bayern in two weeks time in order to finish first in the group, otherwise the Old Lady will most likely have to settle for second best

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
a very bad performance but i would not agree that juve should have got beaten by more, both their goals were from poor defending and from the referee turning possession over to them with an interception.

unfortunatley abbiatti made a terrible mistake, but apart from that he did perform some good saves. he is always very nervous like when he gets a back pass no matter who much time he has he never takes a first touch but just kicks it first time usually slicing for a throw etc. he needs to relax and start catching the damn ball.

people here are saying blasi was terrible i thought he did quite well in the first half along with camo. blasi made many good interceptions and generally he eliminated all threat from his wing anything bayern created came from the other wing.

also i would not agree that emerson was the worst player on the field he tried to play as an attacking cm which he is not, for the next match when viera is out i would play neddy or mutu or camo alongside emerson and let him concentrate on what he does best.

i thought giannchedda did well until he got booked after bout 10-15 mins then he was invisible.

imo you cnnot compare trez performance with zlatan s really all trez is good at is putting the ball in the net, on a good night he will stand around not get involved in the play and come off with a few goals- he is a goal poacher when you see him comming deep looking for the ball you know juve are having a bad night.

on the other hand ibra likes getting hold of the ball and making things happen, last night i lost count of the number of times when either his ball control or passing was brutal and he annoyed me by just standing their when he lost the ball shaking his head.

imo camo and blasi both should have stayed on i would have for starters just switched mutu or Dp for giannichedda

and then after a while pushed blasi up into the centre to support emerson.

hope thats abbiatti last error for another 10 matches

although zlatans last min goal could turn out to be vital, and will helps us in our head to head battle with bayern if we finish level on points at the end of the group stage. after this we surley will see a much improved juve for the return game in turin.

now is a good time to back juve to win the champs league when their odds have increased

venom

Oct 22, 2003
++ [ "originally" said by F. Capello ] ++
“We weren’t as fresh and sharp as we have been this season."
This part is somewhat confusing. Poor preparation for the match isn't it. I mean did Bayern possess as much threat as Messina in the eyes Capello. It was the only second time this season there were a big club against. Record so far then is 1-0-1. Were there some sort of illusion that this club has shown that it already has what it takes to challenge the double. Sure match against Inter was great but that was only one single match. Other than that the club's been winning against such a superpowers as Empoli, Ascoli, Parma etc. Results of upcoming matches against Milan and Bayern will show much more about the quality of squad.

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
++ [ originally posted by venom ] ++
This part is somewhat confusing. Poor preparation for the match isn't it . I mean did Bayern possess as much threat as Messina in the eyes Capello. It was the only second time this season there were a big club against. Record so far then is 1-0-1. Were there some sort of illusion that this club has shown that it already has what it takes to challenge the double. Sure match against Inter was great but that was only one single match. Other than that the club's been winning against such a superpowers as Empoli, Ascoli, Parma etc. Results of upcoming matches against Milan and Bayern will show much more about the quality of squad.
Spot on!!!

++ [ originally posted by Holygr4le ] ++
Capello
Had not prepared the team for this job.
Once again it PROVES what happens if you go to play a strong team away and tries to play defensively! The Italian style is not the right one in the year of 2005. Look at Liverpool last year. The controlled the game with possession. Not without!
I did say almost the same thing myself...;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)