[CL] Bayern Munich- Juventus (114 Viewers)

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

Err... no. Was he the guy behind Harry's Bar or something?

Oooh. Good one. I'll have to go with either Delfina or, though some look down on it, Scala's Bistro.
i went there last year before going to see the lion king play. it was quite good, but i dont really remember all of it

my friends dad claims he saw totti with his wife outside cafe roma :rolleyes:

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
Harry Guisse was a weatherman (Channel 3) back in the day. He could predict weather a year in advance (he had found somewhere that basically had our weather a year ahead of us).

Fav restaurant: Kuleto's.

Never had a bad meal there.

Il Fornaio--the same :)

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
there's an il fornaio in walnut creek (like 10 min away). it's alright but not great. maybe thats why we lost, emerson ate the wrong gnocchi

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Sir Sebastian ] ++
there's an il fornaio in walnut creek (like 10 min away). it's alright but not great. maybe thats why we lost, emerson ate the wrong gnocchi
I was there 2 weeks ago. :)

Try Prima's (and the wine shop, when you're older) Awesome.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Tifoso Lou ] ++

I was there 2 weeks ago. :)

Try Prima's (and the wine shop, when you're older) Awesome.
really? i go there all the time, as in almost everyday.

ive been to prima's a few times, but my parents tend to go there on their own for anniversaries or just for a night out. with the family we tend to choose less "quiet" places if you know what i mean

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Tifoso Lou ] ++
Harry Guisse was a weatherman (Channel 3) back in the day. He could predict weather a year in advance (he had found somewhere that basically had our weather a year ahead of us).
A KCRA weather guy. Nice.

Of course, you can practically fire all weathermen in the Bay Area between May and October by playing this tape loop: "No rain forecast for today. But there will be morning fog at the coast with a high in the 60s, and sunny and warm in the 90s inland."

Fav restaurant: Kuleto's.
It was a great place. Haven't eaten there in a few years, and the last time was good but not great.

Never had a bad meal there.

Il Fornaio--the same :)
Speaking of Il Fornaio and trying to get back on topic, we could have used one under the asses of every Juve player today. :down:

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
This is 1 of the big games in which we had to prove ourselves as 1 of the best teams in Europe. Unfortunately we weren't able to do that and got OWNED COMPLETELY by the opposition. Everybody in the team doesn't see the importance of this game, and in the end, we were humiliated. Mr Capello, isn't ur aim is to win the CL? And u wanna win the CL with this CRAP formation and CRAP attitude against Bayern, 1 of the biggest teams present in Europe? Didn't the Liverpool game taught u a lesson of complacency and know how to choose the correct players?

and most importantly, do you know how to select players for a game?

Mr Capello, y r u so adamant on playing an off-form Zlatan + Neddy when DP and Mutu COULD have make a lot of difference? Aren't these 2 players on form right now and they could possibly play and make a difference in the whole game? And y is Camo taken off and put DP there? Do u actually know what ur doing in the 1st place or there is no plan B? Couldn't a simple trident solve problems instead of ur nonsence substitutions (putting DP on the right) which complicate matters even more? Juve's squad this season is strong, can u use ur resources more wisely instead of sticking ot the same old starting 11?

From this game this shows how Vieira dependant we r, and without him, our midfield seems to have disappeared, Emerson doesn't seem to feel the importance about the absence of Vieira, I really hope he plays like last season when Paddy is out, otherwise this isn't the way to play football. And Mutu is still rotting on the bench when he could at least make some differences to the game. Too bad Crap didn't see it through his thick-rimmed glasses.

I wouldn't go to the details with players, cos their performance tonight simply makes me vomit. But I will mention Blasi in particular, since some members claim that he is a good defender, now he flopped in a big game, can u still back up ur case now?

We suffered a defeat early in the group stage. I'm disappointed yet happy at the same time. This shows that Juventus is not invincible and we should accept defeat. I really hope this game teaches every1 a lesson, be it Capello, the players or even the fans. If everybody is aiming for the CL, we should get rid of this complacent attitude and be more flexible in formation changes.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I cannot believe I just read through pages and pages of insults between supposed Juventus supporters who are still arguing over the archaic "who's better" Del Piero or Zlatan topic...I don't think I recall such immature behavior after a loss on the part of fans here and it's pathetic the arguments are solely based on two players instead of the team as a whole. It just fvcking boggles my mind.

I don't know whats more pathetic...the performance of the team today or the behavior of some members here. Can't say I'm surprised though because like Tom stated earlier the intellectuals always make their way to this forum during matchdays..

UEFA.com has not posted the link to the full match rerun, so I'm still waiting to see how poorly we played last night. Perhaps it's a good thing they are not posting it simply to spare the forum from me criticising the supposed "best" coach in the world...imagine that.

"Don't lay a bad word on him, you assjack."

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
ok, we lose the game, they control the midfield, they won the match... neither DP, Zlatan, Trez or Mutu could do nothing coz our midfield was creo tonigth, we could have Marco Van Basten up there and he couldn't have done nothing too...In my book, Capello probe today that he is far from been the best coach in the world and that his decisions are quite strange and folish in my book.

Now

Here is my quick version of the "opinions" that will be post in these thread in the next 24 hours:

"Juventus Sucks!!!

Our defense is a complete joke!!!

We don't have creative midfielders!!!

We will not win the Chapions League!!

Lest focus in the Scudetto"

And then, you will see the clasic DP vrs Zlatan post like:

"Del Piero is the worst player in the world bla, bla .bla

Zlatan is a complete waste of time, yada, yada, yada"

At least Zlatan scored a goal...."

Del Piero should retire, bring Cassano in january, crap, crap, crap"

Zlatan didn't do shit in the game, he must be sold bla,bla,bla"

Del Piero is a joke..."

Zlatan is Capello's biatch"

After a while, things will get peronal and you will see some of this posts:

"Your an idiot if you dont see..."

or

"You don't know shit about soccer"

Until a moderator comes and after 3 or 4 pages of crap posts he will close the thread.

Enjoy and good nigth to all

:D

HAHAHAHA :D. why isnt this guy a mod!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 114)