[CL] Bayern Munich- Juventus (28 Viewers)

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
There are no easy games.
And against BM away..., well that is among the hardest there is.
I`m fed up with posts as "will kill em" or "we will win 3-0".

To be honest I will be happy with a draw.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Ballack back for Bayern blockbuster
Tuesday, 18 October 2005
by Andreas Alf
from Cologne

After making his return to Bundesliga action in Saturday's 1-1 draw against FC Schalke 04, Michael Ballack is preparing to roar back into life in the UEFA Champions League in tonight's game against Italian champions Juventus.

Niggling injuries
Having been sidelined with a number of niggling injuries and then a bout of flu, the FC Bayern München playmaker is eager to try his luck against the side who have won more Italian titles than any other. "It's about time we played them again," said Ballack. "They are among Europe's best and this match is a real highlight."

Measuring stick
Like Juventus, Bayern are the most successful club in their domestic league, and for Ballack, playing the Turin giants will be a good measure of his side's skills. "This meeting will tell us where we stand in European football right now," added Ballack. "It will show us if we have made a step forward since our two 1-0 defeats against them last season."

Vieira injured
Ballack was hoping to come up against another great goalscoring midfielder tonight in the form of former Arsenal FC hero Patrick Vieira, but because of a groin injury, the French international has not travelled to Germany. "This could be an advantage for us, but they still have Emerson," concluded Ballack.

Stage set
The stage is certainly set for Ballack to play a starring role against a side who, like Bayern, have yet to drop a point in this season's UEFA Champions League. Now coach Felix Magath is hoping that he will have what it takes to seize that opportunity.

'The old Michael Ballack'
Ballack had not been in his best form in the early stages of the season and was not able to play in Bayern's opening UEFA Champions League win against SK Rapid Wien and played against Club Brugge KV despite not being fully fit. "I hope that we will see the old Michael Ballack on Tuesday night," said Magath.

Bold prediction
With all of the worst days seemingly behind him, Bayern's No13 is hoping that tonight's match at the Fußball Arena München can mark the real start of a successful European season. And Ballack has been bold enough to predict the result.

Dream scenario
"I will set up Roy Makaay and he will score the decisive goal in a 1-0 win," said Ballack with a smile. With Makaay not having scored in the last 52 days - a lengthy break by the Dutchman's standards - Bayern would have more than one reason to celebrate if Ballack's prediction comes true.

source: uefa.com

How come Ballack is interviewed again? It's always Ballack being interviewed when he plays against us in both games.

May 20, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Holygr4le ] ++
There are no easy games.
And against BM away..., well that is among the hardest there is.
I`m fed up with posts as "will kill em" or "we will win 3-0".

To be honest I will be happy with a draw.

agree.
a draw will be okay.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Holygr4le ] ++

My presumed lineup:

-----------------------Abbiati----------------------------
Zebina(Blasi)---Thuram------Canna---------Zambro
---------------Emerson-----Giannichedda-------------
--Cammo-------------------------------------Neddy----
-----------------Trez------------Ibra---------------------

May god be with us…:D
if the most on-form players are chosen to play,so Del Piero should play against Bayern.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
If our midfield duo is able to outclass Ballack and co, then it shouldn't be a problem. Makaay hasn't scored in 52 days and last time our defence shutted him down, let's repeat this scenario again.

To be honest, I would actually like Kovac to play against his former teammates, but Cap prefers Thuram instead.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by king Ale ] ++

if the most on-form players are chosen to play,so Del Piero should play against Bayern.
Then who should be picked out? Zlatan, the man who caused trouble in the Bayern defence last time?

Personal abilities also account in this game too.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++

Then who should be picked out? Zlatan, the man who caused trouble in the Bayern defence last time?

Personal abilities also account in this game too.
that "last time" was about 1 year ago.DP bashers taught us that the past isn't important at all :D
yes,I will play with DP and Trez.

Dec 26, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
If our midfield duo is able to outclass Ballack and co, then it shouldn't be a problem. Makaay hasn't scored in 52 days and last time our defence shutted him down , let's repeat this scenario again.

To be honest, I would actually like Kovac to play against his former teammates, but Cap prefers Thuram instead.

If our deffence pair think the same way Makkay will end his night with a Hattrick...

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++

If our deffence pair think the same way Makkay will end his night with a Hattrick...
I doubt out defence duo will even think of that, so let's shut him down again

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
thuram played very well in the messina game especially in the air.So we will need him, he is a very tough player.

mybe kovac can get his chance two weeks from now

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
Have a nice trip, Maresca. ;)

i guess either dp or zlatan should be staying on the bench.... but which one? if we play alex its cuz his form is outstanding...but we risk losing the physical prescence thats needed..
Exactly. Capello has a real luxury problem there. I have complete confidence in Capello making the right choice.

Here is my prediction of what Capello will field. It is also the lineup I'm hoping for:

Abbiati

Blasi - Thuram - Cannavaro - Zambrotta

Camoranesi - Giannichedda - Emerson - Nedved

Ibrahimovic - Trezeguet

Del Piero can be introduced if needed during second half.

1-2

Trezeguet x 2

Forza Juve!!! :strong:

May 4, 2004
I cant wait for this match... Im gonna watch it with some friends.. one of them is a big bayern fan and we will watch it at his home.. and then at my place when we meat bayern in delle alpi :D

Forza Juventus...

i think we will draw them.. even if it would be sweet to win this match !

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
this is the formation for bayern game
This is one possible lineup.
More likley that DP will shift with Trez and/or that Blasi/Pessotti is a 50/50 call.
Thuram/Kovac is a 85/15 call.

I do not like Ibra up front. He is much better with trez up front. As the number 11 he does not get out more than 30% of his capacity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)