[CL] Barcelona 0-3 Juventus [December 8th, 2020] (9 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Resting some players is the right way to go. Already qualified, and the chances of over turning a 2-0 deficit even are pretty slim. No point in risking injuries in what is a fairly meaningless game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Yeah, not having a player play 10 games in a row, two games a week but giving him one rest in prolly the least important game is really that unbelievable
We'll see how little importance this game had when we end up second in the group and draw Bayern or Man City in the next round.

Barca is decimated and winning 2-0 or more against them is not something impossible at this point... It becomes just that if you're resting your best player 'though.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
We'll see how little importance this game had when we end up second in the group and draw Bayern or Man City in the next round.

Barca is decimated and winning 2-0 or more against them is not something impossible at this point... It becomes just that if you're resting your best player 'though.
Finishing first is def important in CL group (something the 100m Pjanices don't get, so I'm befuddled as to what they're complaining about esp after arguing before juve-barca that that result didn't matter, bizzare minds).

But we're in a worse situation in Serial A, and you can't expect a player to play 10 games in 5 weeks (esp after not playing for a while). He has to rest in either this or Genoa game. For me, either would be fine, but completely understandable if Pirlo rests him in this one given we're 6 behind in league and are struggling even against bottom teams. Obviously can't be rested vs the Atalantas.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009

Not impossible, but highly improbable. We will concede, and I doubt we're capable of scoring 3 goals, even against a decimated Fagca.

February is still a couple of months away, and by then things might have changed. We won't necessarily get Bayern or Liverpool. We could still get a Dortmund, PSG, Monchengladbach, or a Chelsea.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Finishing first is def important in CL group (something the 100m Pjanices don't get, so I'm befuddled as to what they're complaining about esp after arguing before juve-barca that that result didn't matter, bizzare minds).

But we're in a worse situation in Serial A, and you can't expect a player to play 10 games in 5 weeks (esp after not playing for a while). He has to rest in either this or Genoa game. For me, either would be fine, but completely understandable if Pirlo rests him in this one given we're 6 behind in league and are struggling even against bottom teams. Obviously can't be rested vs the Atalantas.
In a few days Demiral is back. Wait until then... And quality is a much smaller problem in Serie A anyway. Danilo, Bonucci, etc. are more than good enough there. We're only playing bottom teams in the next few weeks. Rest De Ligt there, against Genoa lile you said. Today is just utterly stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Not impossible, but highly improbable. We will concede, and I doubt we're capable of scoring 3 goals, even against a decimated Fagca.

February is still a couple of months away, and by then things might have changed. We won't necessarily get Bayern or Liverpool. We could still get a Dortmund, PSG, Monchengladbach, or a Chelsea.
About 3 cm in total were between us already doing that... This Barca is possibly even worse than us and the goat is back.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Did Sky really report this?

What a fucking donkey retard if he rests our only capable CB in such a crucial tie against a team with Messi and company. Bonucci and Danilo sounds like the absolute worst pairing you could think of to play against a team with actually adept attackers. Let him at least play 45 minutes and adjust the tactics based on the situation.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
In a few days Demiral is back. Wait until then... And quality is a much smaller problem in Serie A anyway. Danilo, Bonucci, etc. are more than good enough there. We're only playing bottom teams in the next few weeks. Rest De Ligt there, against Genoa lile you said. Today is just utterly stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

About 3 cm in total were between us already doing that... This Barca is possibly even worse than us and the goat is back.
will u miss the game?

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

Demiral will be back in 10 days acc to gds' probabili formazioni page. And that's back to training, not back to starting xi ready.

I think consistently dropping points vs smaller sides and being 6 behind (as opposed to securing qualification at least) doesn't make it a smaller problem.

We play Atalanta after Genoa, not another bottom team.

You're stretching with all your points.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
In a few days Demiral is back...
is there any new info on him? the last one i read was after his injury, and it read "he'll be re-evaluated in 10 days". so he'll just be supposed to have an other scan, then we'll see how his condition improved.

i also think that it makes sense to rest whoever we want to, and this should be based on the physical condition of the players, not the results needed. if we really want the 1st place in the group, we obviously have no other chance to try and win it. on the other hand, the league season is still way too long to improve on our situation. but with injured, exhausted players, we'll be fucked anyway. and with chiellini seemingly crippled and demiral not fully fit after his long layoff, we should try to minimize any muscle overload to de ligt or bonucci.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Demiral will be back in 10 days acc to gds' probabili formazioni page. And that's back to training, not back to starting xi ready.

I think consistently dropping points vs smaller sides and being 6 behind (as opposed to securing qualification at least) doesn't make it a smaller problem.

We play Atalanta after Genoa, not another bottom team.

You're stretching with all your points.
Genoa is 19th, dude... Quite a stretch when there's only one freaking team behind them. And if De Ligt needs a rest asap, he should've had one in the weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

is there any new info on him? the last one i read was after his injury, and it read "he'll be re-evaluated in 10 days". so he'll just be supposed to have an other scan, then we'll see how his condition improved.

i also think that it makes sense to rest whoever we want to, and this should be based on the physical condition of the players, not the results needed. if we really want the 1st place in the group, we obviously have no other chance to try and win it. on the other hand, the league season is still way too long to improve on our situation. but with injured, exhausted players, we'll be fucked anyway. and with chiellini seemingly crippled and demiral not fully fit after his long layoff, we should try to minimize any muscle overload to de ligt or bonucci.
Everyone should rest (of course) but not in CL games. Our roster is more than strong enough to rotate in Serie A. Pirlo is piling up the mistakes now and he's rotating too much which is being reflected in the absence of automatic mechanisms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)