[CL] Atlético de Madrid 2-0 JUVENTUS [February 20th, 2019] (12 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Dr sciglios gonna produce a fine performance. One that will be reminiscent of sturaro's limelight against Real.

Not bothered who Allegri starts, I trust his decision but I'm very excited and intrigued on seeing how well we do against a team unlike any other.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Koke-Partey-Rodri-Saul?

Looks like their main priority is to stop us from scoring.

Four defensive minded/box-to-box midfielders on the pitch instead of any attacking mids (Correa, Lemar).
It's fine, we're equally patient. No doubt he will be bringing lemar/correa on at some point, when he does, we should use that to our advantage.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Simeone is a fool for making Atletico pay 70m for average Lemar.
Maybe I rate him more because he's French.

- - - Updated - - -

please do not go for 'defensive assurance etc.'

We need to shock them for the first 20 minutes and try to score one or two goals. In the pass seasons, We have always had the energy to press high in the first half. But never had the clinical finishing to go with it. This year we are clinical.

So, go hard in the first 20 minutes, those moments are our biggest window to score before the AthRATico team starts settling down and get dirty
Just play like we did last season in Madrid against Real and we'll be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

It's irrelevant whether home or way first.
No, it's not. Playing 1st at home is a huge advantage. If [for example] Atletico win 3-0, it heaps huge pressure on Juventus in the 2nd leg.

- - - Updated - - -

Good point. It's a disadvantage too. Esp when the opponent is a tactical team like Atletico or Juve capable of being flexible and playing in different way or counterattacking.

Playing at home first AND taking the lead is a pretty big advantage. In second leg, the team with the lead can set up in whatever way they want. The other team needing to score is predictable and can play in only one way. And as the match goes on, pressure builds up more and team trailing becomes even more susceptible to choking while at the same time becoming even more predictable.

The myth of playing at home second being better is just that - a myth.
Exactly. :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

:weee: No more coke sniffing smiley? @Dostoevsky

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Who cares about the statistics... We must go through.

Oh and this should be a really good match to watch. Can't wait for it. Who will play in our defense?
This was exactly my point. Who gives two fucks about whether we play home or away first. A bad result at home in the first leg like last year against Madrid almost guarantees being knocked out. A good result in the the away leg first almost guarantees progress.

Take care of our shit and home or away don’t matter. Time for the team to show up and play like we know they can.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
That’s as stupid an argument as saying it doesen’t matter who we’ll play. Every advantage matters. Especially in a knockout tournament.
Ah yeah. Btw, with the investment we had, I think there's a huge pressure on our team as majority not only thinks we should go through, but think we should win the whole thing. Atletico surely shouldn't be underrated at this point whether we have Ronaldo or not. There's a chance Atletico goes through, like every team can literally win at this point, but we're favorite. I think we're gonna play safe as fuck and try not to concede as our MAIN goal.

This was exactly my point. Who gives two fucks about whether we play home or away first. A bad result at home in the first leg like last year against Madrid almost guarantees being knocked out. A good result in the the away leg first almost guarantees progress.

Take care of our shit and home or away don’t matter. Time for the team to show up and play like we know they can.
:tup:

You think we'll field this? 4-3-1-2? I somehow doubt it will look like this.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
A little luck and we are so gonna win this... They are a great team but we are better. AM counterattack and set piece balls are their only options

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Who cares about the statistics... We must go through.

Oh and this should be a really good match to watch. Can't wait for it. Who will play in our defense?
Yeah, we shouldn't care about any statistics, cause there's also that we've never beaten them in Champions league until now.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
We gon go in busting out jizz and sheet all over dem athratico Madrid.

And then in Allianz stadium, we gin show them that it’s a no flex zone for them.

- - - Updated - - -

dybala will play his hard-working free midfield role i guess. formation is just a nuisance for allegri anyway.
Honestly I am not convinced that our Midfield is capable of taking control of these big games.

I say Dybala and Mandzukic has to come in an contribute in midfield.

Last edited:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
From Sky:

ATLETICO MADRID (4-4-2): Oblak; Arias, Gimenez, Godin, Filipe Luis; Saul Niguez, Thomas, Rodri, Koke; Morata, Griezmann

JUVENTUS (4-3-1-2): Szczesny; De Sciglio, Bonucci, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Bentancur, Pjanic, Matuidi; Dybala; Mandzukic, Cristiano Ronaldo

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
Holy shit they are defensive

- - - Updated - - -

Dr sciglios gonna produce a fine performance. One that will be reminiscent of sturaro's limelight against Real.

Not bothered who Allegri starts, I trust his decision but I'm very excited and intrigued on seeing how well we do against a team unlike any other.

Nothing can top Sturaros performance vs RM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)