[CL] Atlético de Madrid 2-0 JUVENTUS [February 20th, 2019] (3 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Well, then you have issues with reasoning. Speaking of this famous ability of Atletico to counter, it is nothing compared to the one Real had last season. Yet they couldn't hurt us on home turf when we were even in a bigger need of goals.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka
Not saying that its gonna be an impossible game, but Atletico know how to disrupt an opponent's gameplan and know exactly when to hit us with a counter. Madrid last year were complacent on the return leg. They had a complete advantage with 3 away goals and the home crowd behind them, so they didn't feel the need to push forward as much, but look what almost happened in the end. Atletico won't make that mistake, as they know that there is just as much a need for them to score an away goal as there is for them not to conceed, so its going to be much more difficult.
Its gonna be an even match imo, but unfortunately I don't see us winning it with this current gameplan and mentality. We need that same grinta and passion we've had in the last couple of years and allegri desperatly needs to make use of our strikeforce instead of playing this stupid horizontal passing among the midfield and defence. Its not working.

Nevertheless, I do believe we have what it takes to beat these lot, as long as the team and the manager adopt a different gameplay and put their minds to it. If so, I'm sure this team will have the potential to win and go even further in the competition. Finoallefine e forza juve

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,002
    Speaking from Mexico, Miguel Angel Gil Marin said the following:

"To beat powerful clubs like Real Madrid or Juventus, it is not enough to be better than them; we need to be much, much better because all the dubious decisions are in their favour. I am a strong defender of the Var, of the honesty and good faith of the referees, but certainly we have not had any luck lately with the interpretations of it.

"The goal cancelled of Morata for an alleged foul on Chiellini? I asked that there is bravery when interpreting the actions inside the penalty area, but it should always be done or never."

"It is not right that it is done only sometimes depending on the greatness of the club. On our canceled goal, it is clear how the experience of the Italian defender has deceived the referees. The contact with Morata is not so much to make it fly three meters away, an experienced Var referee must know how to interpret these. I spoke to Morata, who has not committed any foul, but we have to respect the decisions of the referees."

- - - Updated - - -

Can't believe we lost to a team like this.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
    Speaking from Mexico, Miguel Angel Gil Marin said the following:

"To beat powerful clubs like Real Madrid or Juventus, it is not enough to be better than them; we need to be much, much better because all the dubious decisions are in their favour. I am a strong defender of the Var, of the honesty and good faith of the referees, but certainly we have not had any luck lately with the interpretations of it.

"The goal cancelled of Morata for an alleged foul on Chiellini? I asked that there is bravery when interpreting the actions inside the penalty area, but it should always be done or never."

"It is not right that it is done only sometimes depending on the greatness of the club. On our canceled goal, it is clear how the experience of the Italian defender has deceived the referees. The contact with Morata is not so much to make it fly three meters away, an experienced Var referee must know how to interpret these. I spoke to Morata, who has not committed any foul, but we have to respect the decisions of the referees."

- - - Updated - - -

Can't believe we lost to a team like this.
    They are dirty team I still can't get over Diego Simeone celebration on the first goal

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Dont see us scoring 3 goals are only tactic all season is to whip crosses in from wide looking for headers which is only used when a team has no idea how to play attacking football and madrid will deal with that all day long . I said this from the start of the season and i was getting laughed and disliked by the usual alegri nutthuggers on here and was told that only results matter and we will change in second half of season, where are they now?
    I have been saying this since cardiff, i think before that even.

The midfield fiasco and allegris lack of faith in offensive strats is what has triggered this slow but surely debacle. All started when we replaced vidal with khedira. After that things have never been the same. And dont get me wrong, the drunk had to go.... But the damage was the replacement.

the persistence negligence of marotta and the indifference of allegri to solve the midfield issue and gameplay in general, is what has taken us to what we are today. A team full of names but with zero gameplan , zero ideas, zero everything.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
    I was wondering the same thing. Why are there no tifo displays anymore? First we had some amazing tifo.. then some cringe tifo like "Ready" or something like that.. now nothing..

Unleash some awesome tifo like Forza Juve (we had that in our first season in the new stadium I think) instead of the extremely cringe worthy social media bullshit

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Perhaps I missed some comments here, but I see most don't see us scoring 3 or 4 goals and already accepted the elimination. We forget that 2:0 is also a result that won't get us eliminated after 90 minutes, and that's not an impossible result, right?

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
    Perhaps I missed some comments here, but I see most don't see us scoring 3 or 4 goals and already accepted the elimination. We forget that 2:0 is also a result that won't get us eliminated after 90 minutes, and that's not an impossible result, right?
    After last year quarter final against Real Madrid nothing is impossible but we need everything to be perfect and the element of luck which has eluded has in this competition

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    The only problem I see is keeping a clean sheet.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
    May 3, 2012
    If they come to defend the result, which is very probable, then I can see us keeping a clean sheet. The problem is, I can see them keeping a clean sheet too :D
    We have a chance, though slim, if they just decide to defend the 2-0. We have good free kick takers (if Ronaldo ends his obsession), and two tall guys in the box. But I think Simeone is smarter than that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)