[CL] Atlético de Madrid 2-0 JUVENTUS [February 20th, 2019] (13 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Look, I'm not a guy that will give you hundreds of examples to prove my point. I gave one and that's it. I reiterate that it is possible to beat them 3:0.

What they created in an open play? Their two best chances came after Chiellini lost the ball twice in the middle of the field.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka
They created quite a bit from open play. The Costa one v one and the chance that Griezmann hit onto the bar. Even Morata’s header that Felipe Luis had all the time in the world to pick him out for probably would’ve stood had there not been any VAR. They were generally way more threatening.

Buy on AliExpress.com

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Look, I'm not a guy that will give you hundreds of examples to prove my point. I gave one and that's it. I reiterate that it is possible to beat them 3:0.

What they created in an open play? Their two best chances came after Chiellini lost the ball twice in the middle of the field.

I know that we can beat any team.I agree with that.It is just that I am a realist and qualifying seems very unlikely. I am just saying that the odds are very stacked against us ,let's say 90% in favour of going out.
If you are that optimist how about putting some meaningful money for us to advance.You can win alot.

Last edited:

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Come on Atletico Madrid always play dirty had there been another referee Atletico Madrid would definitely finished the match with 10 or 9 players
Agreed.I will never understand why some referees allow players to swarm around him.He should rain yellow cards.Don't know why they aren't more drastical.
Also I didn't say that it wasn't a foul on Bonnuci. Just that his reaction after seeing that we conceded was pathetic.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Good post man. Remember Max rejected the biggest club in the world to stay with us, he said this himself. There is still a second leg to play, and Max is a smart man. This means our "golden" boy (what an insult to Ale to give this choker the n10 shirt) will hit the bench in next game, and as long as he is not on the pitch, we have a chance.
Yes. Blame this on one player. You're such a pathetic cretin. The same coach has learned nothing from playing Ateltico. 3 games, 0 wins, 0 goals scored. How many times does he need to fuck up his tactics against the same opponent?

We were fortunate last year against Spurs, not so much against Real Madrid. We got crushed by Atalanta and gifted Parma a draw. We have learned nothing from these incidents. The team went all cringe with social media BS, Allegri kept saying how we need to take the game to them and score an away goal. All I saw was a scared team and a confused coach who didn't know how to react. Simeone owned him last night; timely impactful subs, and not some kebab mesiter posing as a footballer, but let's blame this on a specific player.

- - - Updated - - -

90% members here are pussies. Would you all please spare us watching the return leg? I believe some sane users here are tired of your bs.

Obviously it is possible to come back. It was 2:0, not 5:0. Agreed we played terrible and I blame Allegri for that who went for 0:0, hoping we can score by some individual effort. Actually, we had our opportunities to score like Bonucci header, Dybala shot outside the area or Berna shot in the dying minutes. Everything is possible in Turin. I don't see how it is not possible for us to beat Atletico 2:0 at home? They can get a red for example, hell, we can be 2:0 up after 30 minutes.

Forza Juve!

It's not about being pussies. This team has stagnated. Winning in Serie A shouldn't mask our obvious deficiencies and that both the team and the coach seem to have run out of ideas. We lacked hunger, desire, and motivation last night, IN OUR MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE FUCKING SEASON! We looked clueless and scared, while Atletico completely dominated and controlled that 2nd half. Of course we can win @ home, but it would need a gutsy performance and for many things to go our way. We need to be bold, be brave, and take risks. I honestly have no clue if this team is capable of doing that.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
They created quite a bit from open play. The Costa one v one and the chance that Griezmann hit onto the bar. Even Morata’s header that Felipe Luis had all the time in the world to pick him out for probably would’ve stood had there not been any VAR. They were generally way more threatening.
They were better, no doubt. They are the obvious favorites to progress but Juve is definitely not dead yet. We shall see what the second leg brings.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We score an early goal, even if it's a pen and its game on, they might defend so will we and wait till the moment arrives to score a second. I don't think going all gung-ho is the way forward as they'll easily score a few. Whatever the case i want Allegri to react not go to sleep when simeone decides to change things. It ain't over, i feel optimistic. Maybe it was the burger i had but i feel good.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Was it any good? I need a name :p

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
They were better, no doubt. They are the obvious favorites to progress but Juve is definitely not dead yet. We shall see what the second leg brings.
I will keep my fingers crossed for you to be right, just so that after the game , you can come here to gloat and put all of us doubters to shame.

Chiello3

IL Capitano
Nov 26, 2017
We could've easily lost 5-0

Costa 1v1 chance
Griezman Scezsny save off the crossbar
Morata VAR goal

2-0 on Turin then Bonbon gives a penalty away second minute of stoppage time
morata var goal is a fake story
first of all
out of 10 tries
9 times chiellini would beat morata on a header
second , he pushed giorgio , was a touch so doesnt matter if chiello dived.
var was fair.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I am looking forward to be proven wrong because deep down I know what this team is capable of but at the same time I don't want to be disappointed.
That's exactly how I feel as well. We all know this team can win, but it's up to them to make it happen. Could've won this first leg too, but we saw how that went. Shit midfield or not, I think the return leg is going to come down mostly to Allegri and how he reacts. USUALLY he reacts well, but we will just have to see if it's enough. Ramos or not, I didn't think we could come back against Madrid but there we were, minutes from extra time in their own house. If Dortmund can score 4 against them then so can we.

Lets just hope you've never been more wrong :xfinger:

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
That's exactly how I feel as well. We all know this team can win, but it's up to them to make it happen. Could've won this first leg too, but we saw how that went. Shit midfield or not, I think the return leg is going to come down mostly to Allegri and how he reacts. USUALLY he reacts well, but we will just have to see if it's enough. Ramos or not, I didn't think we could come back against Madrid but there we were, minutes from extra time in their own house. If Dortmund can score 4 against them then so can we.

Lets just hope you've never been more wrong :xfinger:
I've made the scenarios in my head and the one more prominent is we play one hell of a game, like the one vs Madrid...then after leading 3-0 you hear...HALMA!...and then you know the rest.

or they park the bus and it finishes 0-0. :baggio:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I've made the scenarios in my head and the one more prominent is we play one hell of a game, like the one vs Madrid...then after leading 3-0 you hear...HALMA!...and then you know the rest.

or they park the bus and it finishes 0-0. :baggio:
I see it as the first one as well. When we start a match REALLY wanting to score, we make it happen somehow. If we have to go down, might as well be fighting.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I see it as the first one as well. When we start a match REALLY wanting to score, we make it happen somehow. If we have to go down, might as well be fighting.
and if we did that yesterday we might have come home with a 2-2 which would have been nice but that's not Il Mister's style.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)