[CL] Atlético de Madrid 2-0 JUVENTUS [February 20th, 2019] (12 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Don’t think you fully grasp the magnitude of the task at hand. I’m all in for optimism and I am optimistic that we’ll go through but when you look at the hard, cold facts; it’s a very highly unlikely scenario. Atletico are the best defensive team of the decade and they come to Turin with the sole responsibility of protecting their first leg result. Believe me when I say they’ll park 2 buses, a train and an aeroplane in front of their net. Even assuming we do score; is it really possible for a CB partnership of Godin & Jimenez to screw up not once, not twice but THREE times? And then at the same time we somehow manage to shut them out at the other end? (considering we’ll be playing to their strengths where they’ll sit back and counter-attack all game for fun). If we factor in that they’ll probably score then we need to put FOUR past them and this team doesn’t look like it has the capacity to create up to four chances in such a game even if you assume that we will somehow have the ruthless efficiency to convert every chance we create into a goal (we haven’t even scored more than 3 goals this season). To add insult to injury, Atletico have never lost a tie after going up 2-0 in the first leg & we have never come back from a 2-0 first leg defeat. Moreover, in the 377 games Simeone has managed - he has kept something ridiculous like 200 cleansheets.
Spot on.A realist point of view.To add to your post, we should also prepare for their diving antics, time wasting and their ref swarming tactics on most of the fouls.

May 26, 2016
Sad but true. They played with purpose and hunger. We played like shit, looked confused, and just gave up. An appalling attitude; we were humbled. Some of the fuckers don't deserve to wear this jersey; less talk and more action. No more statements or cringe videos. Apply yourself, work hard, and give everything in the 2nd leg. Now, let's see how we actually react.

Couldnt agree more. Especially with the cringe videos part

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
We score an early goal, even if it's a pen and its game on, they might defend so will we and wait till the moment arrives to score a second. I don't think going all gung-ho is the way forward as they'll easily score a few. Whatever the case i want Allegri to react not go to sleep when simeone decides to change things. It ain't over, i feel optimistic. Maybe it was the burger i had but i feel good.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Couldnt agree more. Especially with the cringe videos part
many of our players are instagram whores. Times have changed so much. The thing with being so active on social media is that you bring that with you always and you loose focu from what is important. Im sure that during training and stuff our main instagram whores always have part of their mind on instagram, of looking good for the photos, or going home and play Fortnite or make sushi and post it on instagram.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
The referee will be an important factor in the return leg. When Juventus won 3:0 against Barcelona, one of the reasons why it was possible was that the referee didn't show the usual sympathy for them since they were too toxic after that weird refereeing during a "miraculous" comeback against PSG. If in Turin the referee doesn't overlook their usual dirty tricks (yesterday they had to get at least 3 additional yellow cards, one of which would've been a second yellow for Costa), and Max presses them with all the attacking power he has at his disposal, they might fall apart.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Don’t think you fully grasp the magnitude of the task at hand. I’m all in for optimism and I am optimistic that we’ll go through but when you look at the hard, cold facts; it’s a very highly unlikely scenario. Atletico are the best defensive team of the decade and they come to Turin with the sole responsibility of protecting their first leg result. Believe me when I say they’ll park 2 buses, a train and an aeroplane in front of their net. Even assuming we do score; is it really possible for a CB partnership of Godin & Jimenez to screw up not once, not twice but THREE times? And then at the same time we somehow manage to shut them out at the other end? (considering we’ll be playing to their strengths where they’ll sit back and counter-attack all game for fun). If we factor in that they’ll probably score then we need to put FOUR past them and this team doesn’t look like it has the capacity to create up to four chances in such a game even if you assume that we will somehow have the ruthless efficiency to convert every chance we create into a goal (we haven’t even scored more than 3 goals this season). To add insult to injury, Atletico have never lost a tie after going up 2-0 in the first leg & we have never come back from a 2-0 first leg defeat. Moreover, in the 377 games Simeone has managed - he has kept something ridiculous like 200 cleansheets.
I haven't written it's gonna be easy or that we will definitely turn this around. It is doable though. As I wrote in my post, we could've scored four goals yesterday playing terrible. Atletico had their chances with Griezmann crossbar and Costa one on one but they scored two fluke goals. In the second leg it could be us the lucky side.

Glorifying their defence like that is also silly. They conceded three goals at home against Real not so long ago, you think they were not motivated enough or what happened? They got eliminated in the group stage last year by Roma and Chelsea. In six games they scored 5 goals. It can go either way in Turin.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
many of our players are instagram whores. Times have changed so much. The thing with being so active on social media is that you bring that with you always and you loose focu from what is important. Im sure that during training and stuff our main instagram whores always have part of their mind on instagram, of looking good for the photos, or going home and play Fortnite or make sushi and post it on instagram.
Nothing new, that's at every club.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
It's weird - I had a horrible, horrible feeling yesterday and days before the game. Everyone was saying "it's not the same Atletico from 3 years ago" but all I could think about was our matches in GS in 2014 against them and how painful it was to watch. Then the night before the game I dreamt we won 2-1. Then we lost in terrible fashion. Same thing happened vs RM last year.

Then after the loss I got overly critical, questioning everything literally, even the point of watching games and losing sleep and nerves because of these mfers. Then after 24 hours I start talking myself into a comeback and become optimistic. Now I'm talking myself into "it's not the same Atletico from 3 years ago". Same thing happened vs RM last year too.

Can we just have a slightly different end result this time around please?

May 26, 2016
To be honest, we were never that bad in this aspect, I always regarded our squad as extremely professional and focused. However it has been something i have seen more of the last couple of years and im not sure its good for our concentration.

Maybe it is irrelevant, maybe not. Still annoying.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
I haven't written it's gonna be easy or that we will definitely turn this around. It is doable though. As I wrote in my post, we could've scored four goals yesterday playing terrible. Atletico had their chances with Griezmann crossbar and Costa one on one but they scored two fluke goals. In the second leg it could be us the lucky side.

Glorifying their defence like that is also silly. They conceded three goals at home against Real not so long ago, you think they were not motivated enough or what happened? They got eliminated in the group stage last year by Roma and Chelsea. In six games they scored 5 goals. It can go either way in Turin.

Sorry but real didn't start the game trailing 2-0 and they didn't need to put 2 buses for a 0 0 .Wouln't be wise to do that in front of their home crowd.You know who did that?
We, against napoli in that disgraceful 0 1 loss last season at home using the same tactic.

May 26, 2016
It's weird - I had a horrible, horrible feeling yesterday and days before the game. Everyone was saying "it's not the same Atletico from 3 years ago" but all I could think about was our matches in GS in 2014 against them and how painful it was to watch. Then the night before the game I dreamt we won 2-1. Then we lost in terrible fashion. Same thing happened vs RM last year.

Then after the loss I got overly critical, questioning everything literally, even the point of watching games and losing sleep and nerves because of these mfers. Then after 24 hours I start talking myself into a comeback and become optimistic. Now I'm talking myself into "it's not the same Atletico from 3 years ago". Same thing happened vs RM last year too.

Can we just have a slightly different end result this time around please?
Allegri better give them absolute hell in the return leg.

We need to push them to the limit and take advantage. An absolute ruthless approach is mandatory. 2 goals can be scored in a matter of minutes if the opposition is out of balance. It is possible, but it requires a mentality that i have yet to see this year from our squad.

They need to want to do this.

james95

Sep 2, 2018

You might have to re-jog my memory but I don't remember us coming close to scoring up to two goals let alone four. We had two chances in the box that were both from set-plays. The other efforts we had were long range efforts from Ronaldo. We never created anything to bother them in open play. Also, they've always had an inferiority complex when playing Madrid in this tournament - and that's a peak Madrid for that matter that our current team pales in comparison to. They had the likes of James and Bale on the bench. However, I do agree that it's not completely impossible to make a come back.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Sorry but real didn't start the game trailing 2-0 and they didn't need to put 2 buses for a 0 0 .Wouln't be wise to do that in front of their home crowd.You know who did that?
We, against napoli in that disgraceful 0 1 loss last season at home using the same tactic.
Look, I'm not a guy that will give you hundreds of examples to prove my point. I gave one and that's it. I reiterate that it is possible to beat them 3:0.

You might have to re-jog my memory but I don't remember us coming close to scoring up to two goals let alone four. We had two chances in the box that were both from set-plays. The other efforts we had were long range efforts from Ronaldo. We never created anything to bother them in open play. Also, they've always had an inferiority complex when playing Madrid in this tournament - and that's a peak Madrid for that matter that our current team pales in comparison to. They had the likes of James and Bale on the bench. However, I do agree that it's not completely impossible to make a come back.
What they created in an open play? Their two best chances came after Chiellini lost the ball twice in the middle of the field.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)