[CL] Atlético de Madrid 2-0 JUVENTUS [February 20th, 2019] (7 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
So good to see capello putting allegri on the spot for his tactics. Its about time someone told him that horizontal passing is not the way forward. literally.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Allegri doesn't do much homework on his opposition. He said it in a old interview. He doesn't believe in too much homework and never has. While this is fine in serie A, its insane not to do it against an opposition that you've never met before.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
That was pretty much expected. I was shocked to see Dybala start this match. I always want him to start matches and, as a fan, I was kinda glad to see him start, but I would have bet that he wasn't going to start, and frankly, if I were the coach, I probably wouldn't have started him. With that physique and his first touch, he didn't stand a chance against Atletico. Any other team, but not Atletico. It was so unlike Allegri to start Dybala tonight. I'm not even sure if it was completely his decision or pressure from the fans and the board.
I would have been fine with Dybala starting if we put some players behind him who could actually build play forward. Dybala's touch wasn't even bad today. But any time he got the ball, there wasn't another Juventus player in the same zip code and he ended up surrounded with no space. Even just Cancelo on the pitch as well would have opened up so much more space for him. Add Berna as well, and the team would have a hope of creating something.

P_neddy

Dec 10, 2005
This may perhaps be an overreaction to this disaster of a game, but I do not believe in Allegri. In our big games (including seasons past), our team has taken the backseat approach. Not mentality of UCL Champions.....

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
imagine playing against Barca or PSG o_Oo_O we only played against a pretty shity A.Madrid version who they will get fucked sooner or later.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I see him sticking around for another year for sure. The project and money involved is just too big. I'm pretty certain he wouldn't have joined if the management didn't make some assurances about the project. If we go out now, in this embarrassing fashion, I can see a big splash in the summer window. Including on the coaching front.
I can't see that at all, as most of the bandwagoners we thought we'd brought on board with the CR7 signing probably hates the club now. Can't even make it to the QF, leaving CR with one goal scored and generally making him look bad.

Fuck them all, though. Seriously. But the point here is I can't see us having gained what we hoped to gain from his arrival. Also, I'd bet a whole lot that the club has actually counted on making it past the 1/8-finals, with signing the GOAT. I believe what we're witnessing here is an absolute disaster, which will put us even more in the red and strongly inhibit us in the coming summer mercato. I expect not even one big signing, at least not without a big sale.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Max's plan before the game was correct. Without proper midfield (he even lost Khedira, who many of us might not like, but he's an important part in Max's logic) and knowing about counter-attacking potential of Atletico, he had to field MDS - Bonucci - Chiellini - AS in defense. Plus it gave him the option of using Cancelo the way he usually uses Cuadrado as a substitution.

In midfield he just fielded everyone he could field. And he tried to shift the balance towards the attack in order to compensate the weakness of the midfield. Hypothetically he could've preferred Bernardesci instead of Dybala, because he's much stronger and punchy, but he probably had his reasons not to do it.

So, I cannot blame him for not being prepared for the game before it started. The problem is, he failed to react to Simeone's moves. And he obviously hoped to keep 0-0 or even 0-1, even when it was clear that the guys cannot stand the pressure anymore and the goals were only the matter of time. It looked like he simply didn't know what to do. Which is very bad.

ByzantineUSA

Jul 20, 2018
Its over.The greatest team in europe to be bossed by fu..ing atletico.I thought I wouldnt live to see this.Devasted by our players so many mediocre ones in our ranks.At least theres lessons to be learned such as NEVER PLAY DE SCIGLIO AGAIN

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I can't see that at all, as most of the bandwagoners we thought we'd brought on board with the CR7 signing probably hates the club now. Can't even make it to the QF, leaving CR with one goal scored and generally making him look bad.

Fuck them all, though. Seriously. But the point here is I can't see us having gained what we hoped to gain from his arrival. Also, I'd bet a whole lot that the club has actually counted on making it past the 1/8-finals, with signing the GOAT. I believe what we're witnessing here is an absolute disaster, which will put us even more in the red and strongly inhibit us in the coming summer mercato. I expect not even one big signing, at least not without a big sale.
I doubt this. We signed him to a huge 4 year contract, as part of our project, I doubt it would rely on winning CL this year. Or that we didn't take into account the possibility of a bad draw and poor result early in the knockouts.

I expect a couple big signings, though I also expect a sale of someone like Costa and/or Sandro. We've already made quite a bit of money on young players sales as well.

People are way too pessimistic right now. I highly doubt this is an absolute disaster, badly damaging our financial capabilities and inhibiting our summer mercato.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Fully deserved defeat today. But anyone else feeling kinda relaxed even though we lost? I have the feeling it´s just perfectly setup for an epic comeback for some reason. We always play better under immense pressure.
wish for it because I'm bored to always be on the losing end in Champions League

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Max's plan before the game was correct. Without proper midfield (he even lost Khedira, who many of us might not like, but he's an important part in Max's logic) and knowing about counter-attacking potential of Atletico, he had to field MDS - Bonucci - Chiellini - AS in defense. Plus it gave him the option of using Cancelo the way he usually uses Cuadrado as a substitution.

In midfield he just fielded everyone he could field. And he tried to shift the balance towards the attack in order to compensate the weakness of the midfield. Hypothetically he could've preferred Bernardesci instead of Dybala, because he's much stronger and punchy, but he probably had his reasons not to do it.

So, I cannot blame him for not being prepared for the game before it started. The problem is, he failed to react to Simeone's moves. And he obviously hoped to keep 0-0 or even 0-1, even when it was clear that the guys cannot stand the pressure anymore and the goals were only the matter of time. It looked like he simply didn't know what to do. Which is very bad.
Which formation would you play in the return leg I definitely think we need Douglas Costa and bernadeschi on the wings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)