[CL] Atlético de Madrid 2-0 JUVENTUS [February 20th, 2019] (7 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Gotta say it was impressive how they handled Mandzukic. Not once, while he's in Juve, I've seen a team completely shut him down and shut down the service he usually gets. He didn't play bad at all, or make mistakes, but he was helpless tonight.
And Dybala. He was paralyzed, bullied, toyed with. He had no place to be on the field

Buy on AliExpress.com

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Gotta say it was impressive how they handled Mandzukic. Not once, while he's in Juve, I've seen a team completely shut him down and shut down the service he usually gets. He didn't play bad at all, or make mistakes, but he was helpless tonight.
The Atletico defense can man-mark any player totally out of the game when they're playing a good game. I hated playing against them in the semifinals back in 2016.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
That's because we showed absolutely no ambition to get runners around him to create space.

The one time we did he played in Matuidi who tripped over the ball. Apart from that our tactic was long balls to him.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Our midfield was the main issue again today. For as anonymous as Dybala was he would be so much more effective if he had a midfield to link up with.

Also we can never lose small in a knockout. Keep to 0-1 or 1-2. We have to capitulate to a 0-2 or 0-3 and take out any hope of a second leg.

Heard an interesting stat that Juventus have never turned around a 2 goal deficit from the first leg. Brilliant.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Not to put salt in the wound, but I expected a lot more from you guys. It could have been 3, 4 or even 5-0, and I don't think that would've been unfair.

It's still doable in the return leg for you, but to score two on Atletico is hard as shit.
with Allegri as our manager? hahah good joke.
Someone who want to make a comeback would play 4-2-3-1 with Cancelo and or Bernardeschi but watch put on the same shit.
DE Sciglio-Sandro and our best full back rotting in the bench!
but wait wait! Sandro is suspended! so we'll have Spinazzola-De Sciglio duo!
Same bullshit midfield
Always Manzukic , Ronaldo and Dybala with none occupying space in the penalty area.
Leaving it easy for Atletico defenders.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Max:
“The second half was ugly, as we made the mistake of following their lead. Atleti are very good at letting a game go by without a shot on goal.

“We had already run a risk on a counter from a ball we gave away, but we didn’t have a shot on target in the second half. Atleti came out much more aggressively on set plays and caught us by surprise.

“Now we have the chance to turn this around, we must have faith, we’ll have some players back and there’s no point crying over spilt milk. We knew it was going to be tough, that Atletico Madrid force you to play badly, with a slow tempo. We moved the ball quicker in the first half, but not in the second.

“We got the approach wrong in the second half. It’s that simple. These things can happen, there will be great disappointment after this 2-0, but we can turn it around. It won’t be easy, we need a great second leg, but it can be done and we must have faith.”

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Does anyone know, other big clubs also do these pathetic promos implying "we're here to win it all"? It's like bragging about what you don't have yet, a very cheap move. And as a club with such a history of failures in this tournament, maybe Juventus should be a little bit more humble? Because it's already ridiculous and unconvincing.
:agree:

I remember before Cardiff, we had Buffon, Alves, Chiello and others talking about how Buffon deserved the Balon d'Or if we win, Bonucci talking about how other teams were afraid of us... so cringe... especially with Real Madrid, Zidane, Ronaldo all just going about their business quietly, and then spank us in the second half, while we melt down the moment something goes wrong.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
We have seen that happen plenty of times though..
Tonight was too much. In some countries it can be interpreted as rape

- - - Updated - - -

Doubt he'll even be here next season. He's bound to realize his mistake very soon.
To be honest, I think so too. He will win the Serie A and add it to his CV and go look elsewhere. Just like Dani Alves did.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Doubt he'll even be here next season. He's bound to realize his mistake very soon.
I see him sticking around for another year for sure. The project and money involved is just too big. I'm pretty certain he wouldn't have joined if the management didn't make some assurances about the project. If we go out now, in this embarrassing fashion, I can see a big splash in the summer window. Including on the coaching front.

Niku

Jan 14, 2014
Knowing Allegri, it will be 0-0 in the first half then someone score 3 goals in the second.

OR

score 3 goals in the first 60 mins or so, then defend, allow pressure, then concede in the last minute.
LOL yeah we are out completely.
I can see having a 3-1 result and blaming to bad luck.
Fuck that shit.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
with Allegri as our manager? hahah good joke.
Someone who want to make a comeback would play 4-2-3-1 with Cancelo and or Bernardeschi but watch put on the same shit.
DE Sciglio-Sandro and our best full back rotting in the bench!
but wait wait! Sandro is suspended! so we'll have Spinazzola-De Sciglio duo!
Same bullshit midfield
Always Manzukic , Ronaldo and Dybala with none occupying space in the penalty area.
Leaving it easy for Atletico defenders.
We will go all out, score 2 goals, then Allegri will sit back and Atleti will score near the end of the game.
It always happens.
vs Bayern 2016, vs Tottenham 2018, vs Real 2018. Allegri never learns his lesson.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
And Dybala. He was paralyzed, bullied, toyed with. He had no place to be on the field
That was pretty much expected. I was shocked to see Dybala start this match. I always want him to start matches and, as a fan, I was kinda glad to see him start, but I would have bet that he wasn't going to start, and frankly, if I were the coach, I probably wouldn't have started him. With that physique and his first touch, he didn't stand a chance against Atletico. Any other team, but not Atletico. It was so unlike Allegri to start Dybala tonight. I'm not even sure if it was completely his decision or pressure from the fans and the board.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)