[CL] Ajax 1-1 JUVENTUS [April 10th, 2019] (7 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Game wasnt that bad. Was nervous at times especially in defense but this is a great result to take to turin leaving ajax forced to attack.

We are 90% through imo

Mar 3, 2014
:agree:

First leg, away from home, against a young team with a shit ton of energy to burn... we were always going to play a pragmatic game. Luckily Bonucci and Rugani actually played well, and Szczesny was a good, even if our midfield and FBs were non-existent.
Allegri will have a better plan next game. We definitely missed Can. Bentancur & Pjanic couldn't handle their press. Having Chiellini back would also help a lot, so let's hope. Also, I think Mandzukic needs to play in the middle. Ronaldo's game isn't hold up play & if they're going to play that aggressively, we need to be able to take advantage. They also were very grabby at times during challenges. If the ref isn't going to call it, we've gotta fight it harder.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I have never seen so many easy passes into the feet of the strikers in my whole life watching this team. Yes, Ajax was putting 2 or 3 players in between the lines and right on top of the CBs but come on. 3, 4 or 5 feet of space is just too much. Right at the top of the box?

My god, if you pinch even a couple of those balls, you can actually start a counter. The ball is just rolled in every single time to the striker's feet.

Bonucci is a complete training dummy. Just stands off completely. Rugani did his best but doesn't have enough aggression to make a difference. Has to slide at that shot from Neres, instead he's pulling his arms away.

It's an absolute chasm between Chiellini and the other options.

With all that said, we are heavy favourites at home because Ajax is completely open at the back.
I know you expanded on it but - BONUCCI & RUGANI. The most passive central defensive partnership you will ever see.

Luckily it was Ajax tonight and their young and naive players, if we missed Chiellini against Atletico we'd be watching them play Ajax tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)