[CL] Ajax 1-1 JUVENTUS [April 10th, 2019] (6 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The worst thing is them getting the moral highground while they doped in their most successful era in the 70s (and against Juve)
Add to that there is next to evidence at all that we were doping in the 90s with anything illegal. The drugs there was any proof of our players taking, none of them were on the WADA banned substance list, and none of them are to this day. One of them was an early form of creatine called neoton lol. The others are over the counter drugs now, NSAIDs like Voltaren. It was more so the fact we were using them in a way they weren’t initially designed for, and many were prescription drugs when first released. But any club could have used these medications/drugs and many probably did as they weren’t illegal and weren’t banned. (Nowadays NSAIDs are commonplace in sport and no one bats an eye at athlete use for recovery, and lol at people freaking out about creatine/neoton back then).

I have no doubt we may have been using banned performance enhancers back then, but I also have little doubt that most other big teams were using them too. The important part though is there was never any actual evidence of this.

Unlike the admissions now from the great Ajax 70s sides that their players took amphetamines before matches (they seem to conveniently forget they beat us in a CL final during their amphetamine era). Hypocritical retards. But it’s just like that. Italian football=evil always.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Its called believing in the beauty of your dreams
But sure they didn't believe they could throw out RM, and that's how they played. They really had nothing to lose.

Now it's different. They are the team that finished RM. Expectations are different now. Let's see how they handle the pressure.

FlavioJuve

Jun 6, 2007
The hatred I now receive from fellow Dutchmen makes me hope we will crush their souls with additional getting lots of Ajax players suspended for the return.
I was always cheering for Ajax to do well in Europe and now people are talking shit about Juve. We should put them back in their place and let them know the fairy tale is over, they are just a nice team in a Mickey Mouse league

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I have no doubt we may have been using banned performance enhancers back then, but I also have little doubt that most other big teams were using them too. The important part though is there was never any actual evidence of this.
No. They didn't use any banned substances. Sorry but quit talking out of your... esp as a Juventino.

No rules/laws were broken. They "just" took advantage of what was allowed. They used a lot of it.

You can argue it was unethical (for me, it was) but not illegal. Also, there were talks of other clubs doing the same but they only investigated Juve.

- - - Updated - - -

Re physical atts, our CL win vs Ajax had more to do with "The Marine," our fitness coach under Lippi.

Conte and Zidane use the same fitness regime, the reason their teams are that fit.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Alex Sandro had a good game against Milan, except for one mistake in the opening minutes. Hope he repeats that performance today.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
The hatred I now receive from fellow Dutchmen makes me hope we will crush their souls with additional getting lots of Ajax players suspended for the return.
I was always cheering for Ajax to do well in Europe and now people are talking shit about Juve. We should put them back in their place and let them know the fairy tale is over, they are just a nice team in a Mickey Mouse league
I heard ADO Den Haag has close ties with Juve. Is that the case?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)