[CL] Ajax 1-1 JUVENTUS [April 10th, 2019] (4 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
I don't know about you guys, but I'm a bit anxious before this away game simply because I don't know what to expect from playing against youngsters who have nothing to lose but show everything to the world watching.

They got so much talent, pace and energy. On top of that, they know how to play a good pressing game.

I wasn't so anxious before the first away game against Atletico cause I was convinced that it would be a boring tactical battle.
We've played Monaco 2 years ago in semifinals after they've eliminated City and Dortmund... In some way those two teams are comparable. I fear Ajax more though, but I think it's more because of our injured players..

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
fire these gentlemen:

:butchers:
If that should happen, Allegri will be leaving as well

This is why I do not mind having a new coach over the summer. We never had these many injuries under Conte for example.

It is a combination of both Allegri's training methods and the incompetent medical staff.

- - - Updated - - -

Are there people seriously suggesting that Khedira starts ?

I know we don't have good alternatives but I just don't think he can handle the intensity that Ajax will bring tomorrow. I'd still start Bentancur over him.

Last edited:

Ojimo

Apr 6, 2019
If that should happen, Allegri will be leaving as well

This is why I do not mind having a new coach over the summer. We never had these many injuries under Conte for example.

It is a combination of both Allegri's training methods and the incompetent medical staff.

- - - Updated - - -

Are there people seriously suggesting that Khedira starts ?

I know we don't have good alternatives but I just don't think he can handle the intensity that Ajax will bring tomorrow. I'd still start Bentancur over him.
Manbro, bonucci, spina could all play midfield. But, that would be too exciting for rational max

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Ugh...

Nevermind

- - - Updated - - -

We should probably try a flat 4-4-2 in that case

Szczesny
MDS-Rugani-Bonucci-Sandro
Cancelo-Pjanic-Matuidi-Berna
Dybala-Mandzukic​

Both Cancelo and Berna are pretty adept at playing midfield so we should look towards exploring this option more.

Berna was playing LB at one point against Atletico ffs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)