Ciro Immobile (8 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
He does have a point though. I wouldnt say one sucks and the other is amazing, but Id have to agree that Immobile seems a bit underrated and de Ligt a bit overrated.
I think the general view of people who follow Serie A is that Immobile is a big fish in a small pond. He found an environment that suits him perfectly but he's pretty useless outside of his comfort zone. He's scored a fuckload of goals for Lazio but who will really remember him when he's retired (other than Rus)? I would still take Morata over him for Juve, for example.

De Ligt comes with a big price tag and is paid too much, but that doesn't take away from his quality. No he's not Cannavaro, but he's one of the best out there and will only get better. Plus, look at the team he's on to be fair to him.

It's just weird af to scrutinize MDL's every performance and want to sell him while jerking off to Italy's worst number nine in my lifetime.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I think the general view of people who follow Serie A is that Immobile is a big fish in a small pond. He found an environment that suits him perfectly but he's pretty useless outside of his comfort zone. He's scored a fuckload of goals for Lazio but who will really remember him when he's retired (other than Rus)? I would still take Morata over him for Juve, for example.

De Ligt comes with a big price tag and is paid too much, but that doesn't take away from his quality. No he's not Cannavaro, but he's one of the best out there and will only get better. Plus, look at the team he's on to be fair to him.

It's just weird af to scrutinize MDL's every performance and want to sell him while jerking off to Italy's worst number nine in my lifetime.
Worst Italy number nine ever, not just your lifetime. It's no coincidence that Italy has failed to qualify for TWO CONSECUTIVE WCs (something unheard of) with this tool "leading the line."

Strickland

May 17, 2019

What you mean with one of the best? TOP5 CB in the world? TOP3? I dont think he's done enough to be considered that, his reputation and especially potential makes him overrated. Has he actually been part of a really great defensive unit the past few years with either Juve or Netherlands? Imo no.

Sure Immobile wont go down as some legendary football player that everyone will remember. But most treat him like some meme footballer because of his failings with Azzurri, while the truth is no one watches Lazio outside of the odd match and rarely see his great performances there, I've seen him randomly thrown together with jabronis like Borini. Thats what I mean with underrated, ffs the guy will probably go down as a bigger Lazio legend than Nesta, Nedved and di Canio.

- - - Updated - - -

Worst Italy number nine ever, not just your lifetime. It's no coincidence that Italy has failed to qualify for TWO CONSECUTIVE WCs (something unheard of) with this tool "leading the line."
Imo Iaquinta at wc2010 was a lot worse footballer and also a lot worse player for Azzurri. Balotelli in wc2014 was also horrible.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Imo Iaquinta at wc2010 was a lot worse footballer and also a lot worse player for Azzurri. Balotelli in wc2014 was also horrible.
Balotelli was a monster at the Euros, however. Balotelli's ceiling as a player was much higher than Cuntobile's - too bad it amounted to nothing. I forgot about the original leechfuck Iaquinta, so I guess Cuntobile is the 2nd worst Italy number nine all-time.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
What you mean with one of the best? TOP5 CB in the world? TOP3? I dont think he's done enough to be considered that, his reputation and especially potential makes him overrated. Has he actually been part of a really great defensive unit the past few years with either Juve or Netherlands? Imo no.

Sure Immobile wont go down as some legendary football player that everyone will remember. But most treat him like some meme footballer because of his failings with Azzurri, while the truth is no one watches Lazio outside of the odd match and rarely see his great performances there, I've seen him randomly thrown together with jabronis like Borini. Thats what I mean with underrated, ffs the guy will probably go down as a bigger Lazio legend than Nesta, Nedved and di Canio.

- - - Updated - - -

He didn’t just fail with Azzurri. He failed miserably at Dortmund and Sevilla. His comfort zone is a mediocre Lazio side where he’s the entire focus of their attacking play. He’s done well there but failed in every other setting.

And Lazio has done nothing near what they accomplished when Nedved was there. It’s been an upper mid-table, 4th-8th place level side in a weak Serie A with Immobile leading the line.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

- - - Updated - - -

Top 7, I suppose. But you're right, you can only be considered world class if you have performances at the highest level, for club and NT, to back it up, which he doesn't.

I mean, there isn't a great selection of CBs around these days and there a few I would take ahead of him.

At least Iaquinta has a world cup goal :p and Balo has had some great moments with Italy. Immobile has been nothing but a limp dick.

Mar 9, 2006
He didn’t just fail with Azzurri. He failed miserably at Dortmund and Sevilla. His comfort zone is a mediocre Lazio side where he’s the entire focus of their attacking play. He’s done well there but failed in every other setting.

And Lazio has done nothing near what they accomplished when Nedved was there. It’s been an upper mid-table, 4th-8th place level side in a weak Serie A with Immobile leading the line.
Just another bullshit.
He was in Dortmund only for 1 season - 34 matches (only 17 from the start) with 10 goals and 2 assists or 0.54 goals per 90 minutes, he was 3rd in squad by goals after Aubameyang 25g and Reus 11g how is it a MISERABLE FAILURE? And he was bought only for 17m.
He was in Sevilla for 6 months -14 matches (only 7 from the start) with 4 goals and 1 assist or 0.53 goals pers 90 minutes.
And then he became a goal machine for Lazio - 256 matches 180 goals 0.77 goals per 90 minutes, its fucking insane.

May 23, 2013
Honestly he's squeezed everything out of his talent level. European Golden Shoe, Top 10 Serie A all time goal scorer and a Euros to his name. That's actually an amazing career for a player who really is only a step or so better than Matri or Borriello.

Mar 9, 2006
Honestly he's squeezed everything out of his talent level. European Golden Shoe, Top 10 Serie A all time goal scorer and a Euros to his name. That's actually an amazing career for a player who really is only a step or so better than Matri or Borriello.
Dude has won 3 capocannoniere trophies in Serie A, surely you have to be a much BETTER finisher for it than Matri or Borriello. Matri has never scored more than 13 goals in Serie A for 1 club @Osman , Borriello's personal record is 19 goals, Immobile has scored less than 20 league goals for Lazio only once in 6 years.
Overall his record in serie a is insane
Genoa 33 matches 5 goals
Torino 33 matches 22 goals
Lazio 36 matches 23 goals
Lazio 33 matches 29 goals
Lazio 36 matches 15 goals
Lazio 37 matches 36 goals
Lazio 35 matches 20 goals
Lazio 29 matches 25 goals so far
On avereage is 24.6 goals per season for Lazio
Снимок экрана 2022-04-17 125759.jpg

Last edited:

rainhard

May 5, 2004
He is pretty consistent with Lazio and their monster midfield, Luiz Alberto and SMS behind him

Imagine SMS behind Vlahovic (as you can see with Serbian NT). Despite I don't rate Allegri much SMS is the ultimate solution for Allegri system our goal output will surely increase, lower time under pressure means lower goal conceded. And if money is the question Bene Bini need to work their asses of to sell Arthur and Rabiot, free some big wages and pull the SMS transfer

With lower numbers in midfield we can promote Rovella and Fagioli for backup in 433 or switch to 4231 and pairing Locatelli with SMS or SMS with Zakaria. If we go for 4231 then the lose if Dybala will be feel even more (and that is not a logical move to release him)

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tapatalk

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
He doesn't justify his price tag and salary - 85m +12m salary for what? Being bang average in 3 years?
Immobile was bought by Lazio for 10m and he has a 7m salary that he has earned with his goals for the club.
Bang average? Lmao he has been a one man defence and saved our ass many a time. Imagine Juve without him, depending on Bonucci, Chiellini and Rugani. Conference league here we come.

It's not his fault we paid that much for him. Did Neymar justify his $250M fee? Did Cristiano justify his 40M a year salary, marketing benefits included?

Hey let's get a third choice goalkeeper from the Mexican league. I'm sure he could justify his cost doing the same job as Pinsoglio for much lower wages.

His transfer fee will be justified when we either cash in on him or he stays for 5 more years.

Last edited:

rainhard

May 5, 2004
RUS too much contradicting something with another, that where you should always accept what it is.

We buy the potential of De Ligt at premium fee, if he goes to lets say Liverpool he will probably boss their defense with VVD and increase his value to justify his transfer fee and wages. And lets not forget the inflate value of EPL itself

And I believe he will make Maguire 80m purchase even more a very idiot decision

Mar 9, 2006
Bang average? Lmao he has been a one man defence and saved our ass many a time. Imagine Juve without him, depending on Bonucci, Chiellini and Rugani. Conference league here we come.

It's not his fault we paid that much for him. Did Neymar justify his $250M fee? Did Cristiano justify his 40M a year salary, marketing benefits included?

Hey let's get a third choice goalkeeper from the Mexican league. I'm sure he could justify his cost doing the same job as Pinsoglio for much lower wages.

His transfer fee will be justified when we either cash in on him or he stays for 5 more years.
You just don't want to see his mistakes that costed us matches, what did he give to this team in 3 years? Put my grandmother in the defensive line to play alongside with Chiellini and Bonucci and she will become a better defender. I see a very little progress in his game, he needs to be sold if any team will be ready to pay 100-125m for him

rainhard

May 5, 2004
You just don't want to see his mistakes that costed us matches, what did he give to this team in 3 years? Put my grandmother in the defensive line to play alongside with Chiellini and Bonucci and she will become a better defender. I see a very little progress in his game, he needs to be sold if any team will be ready to pay 100-125m for him
No one here will oppose 100-125m for De Ligt I believe

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Matri has never scored more than 13 goals in Serie A

200.gif

Immobile is much better then Matri, but we dont need to outright lie. We know Matri has scored more then 13 goals in Serie A from personal experience, because he joined us in January 2011, when he had 11 goals for Cagliari. Then he scored 9 goals for us in half season, so 20 total goals in league that season.

That was his best season in his career, and only one he scored more then 13. You prolly just glanced at his career stats, and forgot to notice there's two colums for 2010-2011 season with different teams and goals. I remember that stat because I witnessed it, as I assume you have too.

Valiant effort, but:

200.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)