Ciro Immobile (2 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
It's amusing that Hist prefers defending Immobile and trashing Morata. Same thing with RUS.

Interesting Juventus fans.
Most guys here take extreme none nonsensical opinions without any moderation and when I criticize that, I am painted as if I am taking the opposite extreme.

When Morata is good then he is the next Raul, Madrid will buy him back, best young attacker in the world and so on. If I don't accept this silliness then I am trashing him. When Immobile is bad then he is a terrible player with no talent and is the cause of Dortmund's collapse and if it werent for him starting those early games Dortmund would have been right up there etc. If I dont accept that then I think he is a great player.

Conte is God, Marotta did nothing but hold him back, the squad was destined to Serie B OR Marotta did everything, it was a world class squad, any manager with a brain could have achieved the same.

People flipped because I said Morata is a good hardworking player but nothing close to being as naturally talented as Raul. People flipped because I said Immobile joined Dortmund at a terrible time and that people should wait till the team is performing right to judge him properly (he might still turn out bad). People flipped because I say Conte started with a squad that was never meant to challenge for titles let alone win 3 on the trot. Something which management repeated over and over again during Conte's first two seasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Why are you guys debating with Hist?
Whats wrong with doing so oh delicate genius?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Most guys here take extreme none nonsensical opinions without any moderation and when I criticize that, I am painted as if I am taking the opposite extreme.

When Morata is good then he is the next Raul, Madrid will buy him back, best young attacker in the world and so on. If I don't accept this silliness then I am trashing him. When Immobile is bad then he is a terrible player with no talent and is the cause of Dortmund's collapse and if it werent for him starting those early games Dortmund would have been right up there etc. If I dont accept that then I think he is a great player.

Conte is God, Marotta did nothing but hold him back, the squad was destined to Serie B OR Marotta did everything, it was a world class squad, any manager with a brain could have achieved the same.

People flipped because I said Morata is a good hardworking player but nothing close to being as naturally talented as Raul. People flipped because I said Immobile joined Dortmund at a terrible time and that people should wait till the team is performing right to judge him properly (he might still turn out bad). People flipped because I say Conte started with a squad that was never meant to challenge for titles let alone win 3 on the trot. Something which management repeated over and over again during Conte's first two seasons.
I am just teasing for the most part here. And in the Morata thread. Differences of opinion keep things interesting. As evidenced in your signature :D

I just don't recall anyone saying Morata was as skilled as someone like Raul. As far as you and I go, you think Higauin, I think that one step up at the Cavani level, in terms of potential. In reality, that's not all that far apart. And seeing as Cavani was quite a late bloomer, it's really hard to say what will occur with Morata. He could be a late bloomer, or he could be a 15-20 goal, 5 assist type player, which is good, but nothing extraordinary.

Same thing with Immobile. I think he's peaked, I think his peak is that of a 20 mil rated player, a star in a "provincial" side, but a rotation player in top side. A Giovinco, who scored 15 goals and had 16 assists in a season at Parma at 24. Which is fantastic. Just like Immobile was fantastic at Torino last season with 22 goals and 3 assists. But that is in a "provincial" side, where they are top dog, and the team plays through/for them. Put them in a big squad, and in my opinion, they don't cut it.

Conte and Marotta. I don't have a horse in that race. Conte was a good coach. Marotta a good manager. Both are a little inexperienced as far as being at top clubs goes, and each had failings and strengths. The question for each is whether or not they will learn from their experiences, and become better. And there really hasn't been sufficient time for us to answer that yet. Conte leaving rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, myself included. I'm not really a fan of his sticking around as late as he did, and then finally deciding he couldn't go on, and then taking the national team job, but he did some great things here in resurrecting Juve, as had Marotta, even if he seems a little to gung-ho at times about squad depth, CBs, and MFs.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Juventino[RUS];4842004 said:
Im not trashing Morata, but he is not type of the player that we needed
I admit. In the beginning I was sceptical in Morata signing. However, I've been impressed by his ability & movement. He'll only get better. Just needs to put a bit of timber on & be stronger on the ball.

Ciro on the other hand has already reached his peak.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I actually felt bad for the guy watching the end of the BvB match today. Sub'd on in the 76th minute, when he should have been sub'd on around minute 60 as Aubameyang was having a very poor match, and then his teammates clearly weren't interested in involving him in the attack. Made 2 or 3 decent runs, to get free in the box, and couldn't beg a pass. That stupid shot by Schmelzer when he could have put Immobile 1 v 1 with the keeper was just :sergio:

- - - Updated - - -

Klopp's a moron for wanting this guy so bad. He's not at all a fit for this team. Immobile would actually probably do quite well in England with that kick ball and run style they play. Dortmund doesn't play a style that affords him space to run at defenders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)