Ciro Immobile (5 Viewers)

happybum

Oct 23, 2014
Ummm... They started the week prior in the 1-0 home loss to Augsburg, in which Immobile did nothing. They also started against Juve in case you forgot, another match in which Immobile did nothing.
Out of the 9 draws and losses which Immobile has started in Bundesliga, only 1 was with all 3 of Reus, Gungdogan, Sahin on the field, the Augsburg one. And that was because they were still rusty from injury. Dortmund sucks when teams park the bus. I.E. versus Juventus a week ago. With those 3 technical players they can at least rack points in Buli. It has little to do with Immobile. Also, why is Immobile's fault that BvB's defence concedes when he scores against a Wolfsburg?

Don't get me wrong, the guy is limited as shit, but to say their revival is mainly down to him being benched is ridiculous.

Also, BvB played pretty well against Juve. Immobile sucked.
BvB played well? LOL. If it wasn't for Chiellini's stupid fuck up, they wouldn't have a sniff of the goal. Juventus sucks shit on the counter, and still managed 2 goals on the counter against them. That's how bad BvB are.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Dortmund had the 3rd worst offense in the Bundesliga up until the last 4 rounds, even though they created more chances than almost every team they faced. Their biggest problem was finishing. You don't win by scoring 18 goals in 19 rounds. Their defense wasn't great, but it was by no means their biggest problem. Neither was chance creation. It was finishing those chances.

And Immobile was the biggest culprit. The guy has 3 goals in 834 minutes of Bundesliga action. He's had 35 attempts at goal. That's about an 8.5% conversion rate. Do you think Klopp benched him the last 4 rounds in Bundesliga just for kicks? For no reason at all? Clearly, he benched a guy who has been absolutely terrible, and probably the worst offensive player on the team in Bundesliga action. Again, 3 goals in 834 minutes, with 35 attempts at goal. In what world is this anything but appallingly bad? The guy is a flop so far, and it has nothing to do with how bad Dortmund has been. The number of easy chances he has missed this year is hilarious.

Can he turn it around? Sure he can. I wouldn't bet on it, but clearly, he can perform better than he has been. I've never said otherwise. All I've ever said, is the guy was never worth more than 20 mil, if that. We were smart to sell him when we did, and for the amount we got. He's 25, he's had 1 good season in his entire career, and he's very limited as a forward. If Juve has aspirations for better things, we need to be aiming for much better. Same goes for Zaza and Gabbiadini.

happybum

Oct 23, 2014
Dortmund had the 3rd worst offense in the Bundesliga up until the last 4 rounds, even though they created more chances than almost every team they faced. Their biggest problem was finishing. You don't win by scoring 18 goals in 19 rounds. Their defense wasn't great, but it was by no means their biggest problem. Neither was chance creation. It was finishing those chances.
Give me a fucking break. Even Messi fucks up clear chances all time. Have you seen how many sitters Lewandowski has missed at Bayern? The guy had like 2 goals in 10 games, 1 of them offside, but Bayern stuck with him. Immobile misses some half chance to tie the game at 90th minute, and his finishing is shit all of a sudden. The Wolfsburgs and Arsenals are negligible.

The guy has shit link up play, and is limited. But he's a good goalscorer in counter situations. Just because he left Juventus it doesn't mean you have to bash him at every chance. Bas Dost was a flop too, and now look at him. All he needs to do is find a proper system and he'll get his scoring boots on.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
so with this guy starting Dortmund were last in the BL and the laughing stock of the whole Europe. then this guy gets benched and they get 4 straight wins in which they play great football and pretty much destroy their opponents. i wonder what the issue with Dortmund could have been

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Juve fans getting all upset about Immobile's struggles being laughed at... :sergio:

- - - Updated - - -

so with this guy starting Dortmund were last in the BL and the laughing stock of the whole Europe. then this guy gets benched and they get 4 straight wins in which they play great football and pretty much destroy their opponents. i wonder what the issue with Dortmund could have been
:agree:

Only the blind can't see that his appalling finishing was a major part of the problem.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
i remember an incident similar to this durin a match maybe against dortmund..with vidal and marchisio...with vidal reaching out for some bro love bu chesio completely oblivious...vidal feeling bad had to walk across to touch him on his shoulder and bro-slap his arm
i remember that, Marchisio reached his hand out too, it was both sided :D

2:20

happybum

Oct 23, 2014
Immobile played regularly in CL. BvB topped their group, Juventus finished second in theirs. I wonder what the issue with Dortmund could have been

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
if his substitute can change Dortmund from relegation battlers to title contenders, then he must have been benching Diego Maradona.

Aubameyang for Ballon D'or.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Aubameyang has had 5 goals and 2 assists in those 4 games since switching into the CF role... :boh:

In fact, he's started 10 matches in the CF role this season between UCL and Bundesliga, and has 8 goals and 4 assists in those matches. That's pretty damn good.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
if his substitute can change Dortmund from relegation battlers to title contenders, then he must have been benching Diego Maradona.

Aubameyang for Ballon D'or.
stop acting stupid. its not Aubameyang solely. Aubameyang played at the wing when Ciro was starting (at the beginning of the season it was a 442 even with Ciro and Ramos upfront). now they have Kampl playing there, with Kagawa and Reus. even with these 3 behind him, Ciro still managed to miss game winning/tying shots which cost Dortmund points. now when hes on the bench, with Aubameyang infront their system works much better which can easily be seen by watching one of their games.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
stop acting stupid. its not Aubameyang solely. Aubameyang played at the wing when Ciro was starting (at the beginning of the season it was a 442 even with Ciro and Ramos upfront). now they have Kampl playing there, with Kagawa and Reus. even with these 3 behind him, Ciro still managed to miss game winning/tying shots which cost Dortmund points. now when hes on the bench, with Aubameyang infront their system works much better which can easily be seen by watching one of their games.
Oh so the Team has been performing better. I thought it was all Ciro's fault?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Oh so the Team has been performing better. I thought it was all Ciro's fault?
No one ever said this. WE SAID that his poor finishing was a big part of the problem. And it clearly was. Scoring 3 goals from 35 attempts at goal is woeful any way you look at it. He scores at a decent percentage, say 1 in 5-6 even, and Dortmund probably has another 8 points in Bundesliga.

Aside from this, the team looks much more dangerous with Aubameyang in the middle. Clearly Aubameyang > Immobile. It's not really close.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)