Ciro Immobile (8 Viewers)

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/ciro-immobile/rechnet-ab-39857396.bild.html

about germans:
"they are cold, you can´t do anything about it."

about his dortmund teammates:
"since i´ve joined dortmund no teammate has invited me to his home for dinner."

then actually some nice words about the comparisons to lewandowski, his relationship with klopp and about dortmund´s relegation battle.
at the end he complains that bild (the newspaper) hates him and dortmund because they are located in munich (they are not ^^).

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
What an interview :lol:

Wouldn't surprise me if the responses are much less provocative in context though, it's always suspicious when newspapers only publish extracts, and Bild certainly doesn't have the best reputation in that regard.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Sounds like Dortmund is screwing him up.

It's funny to see articles about how he's flopped in Germany when it's practically a better league than Serie A at this point, plus the whole team is going to be relegated. You don't go from one of the top scorers in a "defensive" league to someone who doesn't score in an offensive league without reason.

Obviously it's not just an Immobile problem.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
that no team mate invited me comment kind of holds weight. maybe dortmund players arent as friendly and united as before.

i mention this because ashley cole complained about the same thing when he left arsenal to chelsea. he said after vieira and i think one of their other legends left, none of the teammates hanged out outside of training, where is when vieira was around, all the teammates would go to his house every week to play snooker.

maybe after lwendowski and gotze left. they lost 2 players that were social and charismatic.

happybum

Oct 23, 2014
Sounds like Dortmund is screwing him up.

It's funny to see articles about how he's flopped in Germany when it's practically a better league than Serie A at this point, plus the whole team is going to be relegated. You don't go from one of the top scorers in a "defensive" league to someone who doesn't score in an offensive league without reason.

Obviously it's not just an Immobile problem.
Lol everything with you is about the league. What about all the Serie A flops that succeeded in Germany from Boateng, Behrami, Jedvaj, even Donati got his fair share of play time. Ramos had 16 goals last season too in Buli. Serie A is defensive for teams like Juventus, not for Torino. Torino are the ones who are playing defensively. Immobile sucks against teams who sit back and absorb pressure, and Dortmund's technical ability is exposed, as they're just pace whores. In Champions League where Dortmund plays like a small team, he plays well.

Like someone said, he can be a big fish in a small pond, but he'll never be able to take a team to the top.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Lol everything with you is about the league. What about all the Serie A flops that succeeded in Germany from Boateng, Behrami, Jedvaj, even Donati got his fair share of play time. Ramos had 16 goals last season too in Buli. Serie A is defensive for teams like Juventus, not for Torino. Torino are the ones who are playing defensively. Immobile sucks against teams who sit back and absorb pressure, and Dortmund's technical ability is exposed, as they're just pace $#@!s. In Champions League where Dortmund plays like a small team, he plays well.

Like someone said, he can be a big fish in a small pond, but he'll never be able to take a team to the top.
It's not all about the league for me, you are basing that off of a couple recent posts. But yeah, the league is in turmoil, no denying that. I've been watching it since 1993.

Those are strong words for any player, let alone Immobile. "Take a team to the top." How many players in the world can do that? Maybe 2?

For obvious reasons, people here hate Immobile just because he isn't on Juve. If we did have him, then everyone would be loving him. That's just the way it goes.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
For obvious reasons, people here hate Immobile just because he isn't on Juve. If we did have him, then everyone would be loving him. That's just the way it goes.
People certainly would've been more positive, that's how fandom works, but have you been in the Llorente thread lately? :D

And he at least had a good Juventus season already, if Immobile woudl've come here and performed as he did in BVB, he'd still have been slaughtered.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Immobile is good when his team wins the ball back deep in their own half and he has a full field to exploit. He is a classic counter attack player, nothing modern about him.

He is not good in possession and he is not good when Dortmund wins the ball back high up the pitch in tight spaces and they need technical ability to then bring the ball out of the tight space.

It was obvious he would face some challenges with BVB.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It's not all about the league for me, you are basing that off of a couple recent posts. But yeah, the league is in turmoil, no denying that. I've been watching it since 1993.

Those are strong words for any player, let alone Immobile. "Take a team to the top." How many players in the world can do that? Maybe 2?

:shifty:

His chance conversion rate is appalling. He'd be crucified here if he was having this type of season.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
:shifty:

His chance conversion rate is appalling. He'd be crucified here if he was having this type of season.
He's extremely limited forward, very few facets to his game of which none can be particularly useful to us. Poacher with a poor finishing, worse than Matri in that respect.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

not true. Llorente is at Juve and people still "hate" him. also, Immobile is not exactly hated. he is being laughed at because he sucks so much

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
You can point out where is it you're disagreeing with me. As for Immobile's qualities, seeing more than a few of Torino's games last year I got an impression that he might be a decent bench option, but never to possesses enough quality to warrant starting place here or at any top club for that matter and certainly not the player you'd lose your sleep over. He's way to limited and doesn't even excell, or doesn't make the most of the only quality he possesses, off the ball movement. His finishing is sub par.
There was never a single doubt as to why Conte and later Allegri preferred to buy Morata instead of bringing him back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)