Ciro Immobile (8 Viewers)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Serie A if you haven't noticed is hardly a benchmark these days, therefore being a top scorer means very little and afterall it might be one year's fluke. It happened on many occasions before, player excells in one season, but later on falls into obscurity. The fact that Immobile is one dimensional player, extremely reliant on others to provide for him, doesn't help his cause either.

Moratta is not an unknown entity, one of the best young forwards out there and I was impressed whenever seeing him play for Madrid last season. He is also very popular on Twitter and that is something more familiar to you, since you evaluate player's using that social media.
None of what you just posted justifies making this deal though. It is as easy as if Morata repeats Immobile's feat from last year he will be on a plane back to Real Madrid. So what is the point?
I like the idea of Morata here, I know he is a top youngster and has the potential to be better than Immobile but the deal we made with Real is terrible and won't allow us to have him at our disposal the day he becomes better than Immobile. And at that point, I'd rather have the Serie A top scorer back for 9-10m instead..

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
None of what you just posted justifies making this deal though. It is as easy as if Morata repeats Immobile's feat from last year he will be on a plane back to Real Madrid. So what is the point?
I like the idea of Morata here, I know he is a top youngster and has the potential to be better than Immobile but the deal we made with Real is terrible and won't allow us to have him at our disposal the day he becomes better than Immobile. And at that point, I'd rather have the Serie A top scorer back for 9-10m instead..
The option can't be excercised after first year iirc. Regardless, he'd need to be Ronaldo quality for Real to bring him back. In a few years they'll probably have 2-3 another top forwards in their team and Morata will hardly be considered as an option. But I don't like this clause as well, we should avoid these in the future.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Most people in the world would choose to bench at Real over starting at Juve, I believe - especially a young Spaniard who grew up with their youth team.
He's the one who wanted to leave Madrid's bench to come here in the first place. He literally just did the exact opposite of what you suggested.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
He's the one who wanted to leave Madrid's bench to come here in the first place. He literally just did the exact opposite of what you suggested.
Kinda like Berardi wanting to stay at Sassuolo, no? I figure Real had the same idea we do when send our players out on loan. Prove yourself, you little shit!

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
The option can't be excercised after first year iirc. Regardless, he'd need to be Ronaldo quality for Real to bring him back. In a few years they'll probably have 2-3 another top forwards in their team and Morata will hardly be considered as an option. But I don't like this clause as well, we should avoid these in the future.
That is a dream scenario though. If Morata becomes top scorer in Serie A or scores 22 goals like Immobile just did Real will bring their own homegrown talent back, especially since he won't cost them that much. People have for years been saying that Real will sign multiple world class strikers but they still haven't replaced Benzema and look kinda thin in that department compared to the rest of the team.

I still don't understand the logic behind the Immobile and Morata trade.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Immobile is a napolitanian piece of shit. remember his comments about being a napoli fan and that he wouldnt play somewhere where they insult his hometown. Morata will have a much better career than Immobile. Real wont get him back because they will probably get the most expensive and most marketable striker at the time they decide to buy one. Morata wouldnt want to return there anyway in that case to sit on the bench so their new shining toy gets exposed + we gave him the 9 shirt. if we planed to sell him after 2 seasons we would give him a random number and let Llorente have the 9. so Morata stays here unless he turns out to be a top 3 striker in the world in the next 2 seasons

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
That is a dream scenario though. If Morata becomes top scorer in Serie A or scores 22 goals like Immobile just did Real will bring their own homegrown talent back, especially since he won't cost them that much. People have for years been saying that Real will sign multiple world class strikers but they still haven't replaced Benzema and look kinda thin in that department compared to the rest of the team.

I still don't understand the logic behind the Immobile and Morata trade.
Then when they bring him back we get 35M and buy someone twice as good as Immobile.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Why would madrid bring back an unfancy striker for 30 mil, when they can buy falcao's for 120 mil ?
Falcao is a missed opportunity for them. i think they'll goo for someone youngerthis time . wait for the EURO 2016 or WC 2018. there is allways some "new James" for them to sign...

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Real Madrid just did to us what they did to Leverkusen with Carvajal(a player they brought back and is starting btw). They obviously have an interest to have him back or else the clause would not have been there.

It's a terrific deal for Real. If Morata fails they've just made 20m out of a bench youngster, and if he succeeds they'll bring him back.

For us, best case scenario is him playing so-so during the years Real have a buy back clause and then explode as soon as that clause is no longer viable. :D

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Real Madrid just did to us what they did to Leverkusen with Carvajal(a player they brought back and is starting btw). They obviously have an interest to have him back or else the clause would not have been there.

It's a terrific deal for Real. If Morata fails they've just made 20m out of a bench youngster, and if he succeeds they'll bring him back.

For us, best case scenario is him playing so-so during the years Real have a buy back clause and then explode as soon as that clause is no longer viable. :D
they cant get him back if he refuses to go. he left them because he didnt want to sit on the bench. do you think he will become good enough to start for Real in less than 2 years?

Aug 26, 2014
plz don't tell me you really believe that.

he's a good striker but idk why people overrate him so much.
I do. He's not overrated he got immense talent but he jokes around never taking anything seriously, not training properly, not giving 100% when he's on the pitch, making stupid mistakes and so on if he trained hard he could be one of the best. Look at ronaldo he's product of pure training, messi got the talent i'm not saying messi doesn't train but from what i heard ronaldo works out with weights around his legs so he can be faster and if balotelli had that determination that great players have he has the potential to be up there with ronaldo and messi

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I do. He's not overrated he got immense talent but he jokes around never taking anything seriously, not training properly, not giving 100% when he's on the pitch, making stupid mistakes and so on if he trained hard he could be one of the best. Look at ronaldo he's product of pure training, messi got the talent i'm not saying messi doesn't train but from what i heard ronaldo works out with weights around his legs so he can be faster and if balotelli had that determination that great players have he has the potential to be up there with ronaldo and messi
Ronaldo does train hard but he always had talent. Back at United he would dribble all the time, one of the flashiest players out there.

I just never saw Balotelli do anything that impressive apart from long range shots.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)