Ciro Immobile (4 Viewers)

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Very hard to say whether he really meant to hurt the player, though.
I think that's actually more what I'm arguing against, I don't think he intentionally tried to injure Tevez. Besides, how come no one wants to sell Chiellini after all his examples of rough play? He has more of a reputation than Immobile. Very selective... if it helps your team it's fine (maybe a little criticism), but if it's against your own player they're a terrible person.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I think that's actually more what I'm arguing against, I don't think he intentionally tried to injure Tevez. Besides, how come no one wants to sell Chiellini after all his examples of rough play? He has more of a reputation than Immobile. Very selective... if it helps your team it's fine (maybe a little criticism), but if it's against your own player they're a terrible person.
Um maybe because Chiellini never did anything like that against Juve player in a long while...?

What's more selective about that then choosing the team and cheering for them instead of cheering for every goal scored. Kind of easy thing to get I thought. But then again, I'm a Man.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Um maybe because Chiellini never did anything like that against Juve player in a long while...? Kind of easy thing to get I thought.
Of course he hasn't, because he plays for Juve. But you can't say he's not an aggressive player in general and that's a part of his game. Not saying he intentionally injures people either, but he's the easiest from Juve to use as an example. What I'm trying to say is that if a Juve player had made that tackle against someone from another team, no one here would say much besides maybe a small amount of criticism. But because it was an opposing player tackle on one of yours (especially now a player that you have nothing to do with), they're the dirtiest player ever.

But whatever, I was always going to lose this battle. :p

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
You must be quite challenged if you can't grasp the simple and main thing. One plays for Juve and kicks non Juve players (for eg zlatan when in inter) and the other plays for wannabe team and kicks our players. If you can't grasp this simple idea, i suspect too much sandwiches in your life really took it's toll.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
You must be quite challenged if you can't grasp the simple and main thing. One plays for Juve and kicks non Juve players (for eg zlatan when in inter) and the other plays for wannabe team and kicks our players. If you can't grasp this simple idea, i suspect too much sandwiches in your life really took it's toll.
So you admit to bias... that's all I was trying to prove. Granted, it's a natural thing to do and I've done it from time to time, but it's unfair on a player with otherwise no bad reputation to be labeled as such because of one poor decision.

- - - Updated - - -

Why the Chiellini comparison? Is Immobile otherwise known as a dirty or tough player?
He's not, that's what I mean.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I'd be far less inclined to give Chiellini the benefit of the doubt I'd give Immobile, if Chiellini had put in that tackle.

And that's even ignoring Chiellini's track record of (ahem) pushing the bounds of what is reasonable in terms of aggression.

Chiellini is an excellent tackler and if an excellent tackler goes in like that then you pretty much know they mean to hurt the opponent.

Because Immobile is not known as anything resembling a good tackler, it is much easier to make the case that he could catch Tevez in that manner without really intending to hurt him.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
So you admit to bias... that's all I was trying to prove. Granted, it's a natural thing to do and I've done it from time to time, but it's unfair on a player with otherwise no bad reputation to be labeled as such because of one poor decision.
Yes, I admit to bias to Juve based football matters, very surprising considering what forum you're in, ffs, how dumb can one be? :confused:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
lol @bringing Chiello into this discussion, no sense whatsoever. Immobile's tackle was deliberate one, he's Juve's reject who celebrated goals scored vs us and he had ulterior motive behind that tackle, obviously.

Next you're gonna tell us @Ragazza that Cambiasso's nasty tackle on Giovinco wasn't deliberate and that he didn't try to injure him. Just a stupid harsh move, right?

- - - Updated - - -

studs on somebody but no intention to hurt, yeah right. Chiellini never done anything like that.
Despite of him having been labeled as somewhat brute I really don't recall him pulling anything like that; and he's defender, kinda one would expect at some point that kind of move.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
lol @bringing Chiello into this discussion, no sense whatsoever. Immobile's tackle was deliberate one, he's Juve's reject who celebrated goals scored vs us and he had ulterior motive behind that tackle, obviously.

Next you're gonna tell us @Ragazza that Cambiasso's nasty tackle on Giovinco wasn't deliberate and that he didn't try to injure him. Just a stupid harsh move, right?
I expected much better judgment out of Cambiasso in that match as he's a senior player with experience, red card definitely deserved, but much like Immobile he doesn't have a poor reputation in football. If you'd said Materazzi or even Samuel as an example I would have agreed with you. But I don't think you get what I'm arguing... I'm not even trying to say anything ill of Chiellini. Obviously there are going to be some aggressive players, it's a contact sport and unless you're a complete monster like Pepe for Madrid there's a certain amount of leeway allowed. And there are several players I like who use aggression as a part of their game. The reason I brought up Chiellini is because he's a player who's regularly aggressive, compared to a player who has one moment of poor discipline.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I expected much better judgment out of Cambiasso in that match as he's a senior player with experience, red card definitely deserved, but much like Immobile he doesn't have a poor reputation in football. If you'd said Materazzi or even Samuel as an example I would have agreed with you. But I don't think you get what I'm arguing... I'm not even trying to say anything ill of Chiellini. Obviously there are going to be some aggressive players, it's a contact sport and unless you're a complete monster like Pepe for Madrid there's a certain amount of leeway allowed. The reason I brought up Chiellini is because he's a player who's regularly aggressive, compared to a player who has one moment of poor discipline.
You think it's not deliberate, I get it, but it simply is one. He's spiteful little reject who couldn't wait for that kind of move to pull. Did he apologise afterwards? Don't recall he ever did, but still it wouldn't absolve him. Immobile rarely tackles for the ball, but just against Juve he decided to make a nasty one, therefore I can't see it like anything other than a premeditated move.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
When you make that tackle you know you can injure the player. Even if your mindset was not to injure him, you know as you're going for the tackle that he could get hurt. It's more so reckless negligence than complete intent. But I'm not sure there's a huge difference between the two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)